Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Is KO dying ?

This is a discussion on Is KO dying ? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; You know, everyone says k2 got rid of the third server to make more money. I dont beleive this is ...
Page: 2

You know, everyone says k2 got rid of the third server to make more money. I dont beleive this is true. All they would have to do is make the premium cut off less. In other words, say hypothetically once the server reaches 700 people online, premium is required to join. They would just change it to where once 400 people are online premium is required. They wouldnt have to wipe out a server to accomplish this. Some servers truly are dying in population, it was k2's theory at removing a server would force the population that would be on server 3, to the other 2 server's. Think about it ^_^[/b]
    Yes indeed... I never liked k2 but, it's kinda sad... when there was 3 servers ppl were crying about empty servers.. and when k2 did something about it ofc you gotta say it was bad (not reffering to you, twist.), they did what we were asking for and I think it was good.
    But if they keep making new servers the older ones will be less and less populated which means it will be even less ppl on...
    It wonder how it would work if they put the older servers together and just make it 3x servers again :P would probly suck tho

USKO died the day ROFD came out.

Ignore Me Senior Member

It will go up and down in success.

It won't die until K2 make such a hash of thier business as a whole they fold. Even if they merge down to 3 servers in the end.

It died by 1/3 when they killed 3rd servers. Servers 1 and 2 had more players before they killed 3. Because if players can't play two days in a row they don't come back. In the games industry we call it conversion. Free demo users converted to paying customers. Well no one in the industry would be dumb enough to reduce the number of demo users. Everyone trys to make paying product worth the money and get the conversion rate higher.

Hey cutie Senior Member

KO is the most popular F2P game in the ineternet MMORPG area

and if k2 keeps coming up with good and innovative patches and updates like recently, It will stay the most popular

no matter how many hacks, exploits, bugs, this game is attractiong ALOT of people.

In my opinoun KO and runescape are the best F2P games, fuck hwo good the game is or not, its fucking popular

So i think KO is gonna stay a while, a long long while

dumb warrýon Senior Member Fridulin's Avatar

Hey.
    I wonder is ko dying?

1. Its obvious that K2 makes new servers coz no1 new wants to play in older servers.
    2. They delete 3rd's servers coz of absence of existing players.
    3. What will be next ? Merge existing server like Ares with Diez, Xigeon with what ever.... and so on ??

Such steps were in other companies which already have died.

How long do u think ko will stay ??

My vote 2yrs.[/b]
    i think they deleted the 3rd servers as the first step to marge servers like pathos+manes and this wouldnt be that bad for the server. there are allready not enough ppl at the middle old servers and i saw on logos how this ends. the marge could be a great chance for this servers. i dont think they would marge ares and diez. they are old and still runnin so they dont need a change.

MrT

One day KO will definately die, cuz most english players will be gone and turks wont have fun any more. There will be a lack of players on all servers, K2 wont earn enough money to keep servers running and they will close them.

When this day will come where K2 just shut down all servers i will laugh about everybody who spent hundreds or thousands of USD to buy items for this game.

One day KO will definately die, cuz most english players will be gone and turks wont have fun any more. There will be a lack of players on all servers, K2 wont earn enough money to keep servers running and they will close them.

When this day will come where K2 just shut down all servers i will laugh about everybody who spent hundreds or thousands of USD to buy items for this game. [/b]
    like 10% is english speaking, so most of them must be like 7-8% of the whole KO community? they won't die from that... only if all turks quit, which probly won't happen if k2 dun make them to do so.

falcon1984

as long as some morons will pay for chars and items on e-bay K2 will be fine, many ppl wouldn't pay for that game if they wouldnt make money on goldbars or items ...

i think they deleted the 3rd servers as the first step to marge servers like pathos+manes and this wouldnt be that bad for the server. there are allready not enough ppl at the middle old servers and i saw on logos how this ends. the marge could be a great chance for this servers. i dont think they would marge ares and diez. they are old and still runnin so they dont need a change.[/b]

That would be really cool , fix olders servers in pairs like ares + diez , xigenon + beramus etc. That would bring new chalange in CZ ppl could met new friends like on new server and no more empty CZ.

I dont think this games will die for a long time. Its up to K2 as to how long it runs people will eventually get fed up with them and leave. But thi hasnt been the case yet and i think we've seen the worst (atleast we can hope). Really they are set. They treat people like shit and still make bank. Imagine if they treated us good... Wow im sure profits would skyrocket.

Taeho

Hey.
    I wonder is ko dying?

1. Its obvious that K2 makes new servers coz no1 new wants to play in older servers.
    2. They delete 3rd's servers coz of absence of existing players.
    3. What will be next ? Merge existing server like Ares with Diez, Xigeon with what ever.... and so on ??

Such steps were in other companies which already have died.

How long do u think ko will stay ??

My vote 2yrs.[/b]
    1. It's more that a new server mean more premium and KC purchases will increase, aswell it might draw quitters back to KO

2. Obviously they focus on the new server since it will be a big moneymaker and instead of investing in extra servers they remove 1 from the other ones saying this will make pvp more active as a cover up.

3. Depending on what they earn from the new server they will most likely release another one in the future, a merge with ares/diez would totally overpopulate the server and the space for premium members wouldn't even be enough so i'd say not likely.

I Do think USKO will stay around for couple more years, it's a big company and a big cash machine so as long as they can get a profit from it they will keep it up obviously. KO is as mentioned one of the biggest ""free"" mmorpg's so i'm sure there is alot of people making sure they can milk this for a long time.

My opinion

jerseyboy

Log on Akara server 1 during primetime turk hours and tell me KO is dead :P, theres hundreds of extra people just for the border wars, you guys are all silly noobies :P

tommyleonghk

new servers are to attact more new players (more money for K2) and it gives the new players a fair chance to compete in this game...im very sure new players wont start off at older servers such as ares or diez.... but with new servers being released... they tend to pull players from older servers as well... hence making the older servers less populated or only left with high level players with leet items... i guess removing the 3rd server will make it more balanced and better organised and of coz cuts off all the maintenance fee for server 3.....i believe this game will not die as long as turks are around....unless k2 is making a loss...... which will not happen

wawh

this game is addictive
    it wont die even how crappy it is...

look at cs, the graphics are worse and manyyyyyyyyyyyyy cheats...
    the game is going in its 9th year
    its still is and will probably always be the most popular first-person shooter

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

I think KO is doing fine , what it is the older players are moving on and newer players are just on the new servers. I see alot of old names on here less active and three times as many new ones to replace them on the newer servers. They will always keep the orginal 4 servers but it could happen some of the quiet mid age servers will be closed and chars move across to repopulate another server.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast