Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

KOXP character sales

This is a discussion on KOXP character sales within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hey, thought I'd take a look backwards, and darned if you still aren't arguing about this same old thing. Shoot, ...
Page: 4

OLD1953

Hey, thought I'd take a look backwards, and darned if you still aren't arguing about this same old thing.

Shoot, only one way you could ever find out if a char was lvled by macro or not, and that would be to see if there were a buhmillion quests it hadn't done. Dead giveaway. And that's the only way, because time could just mean they let it sit a while, vouches could be fifty from the same circle of cheats, and so forth.

Dunno why anyone cares, K2 doesn't care about cheats as long as they are legit cheats, IOW, not using cracked versions of heavenfire.

What about exp freaks? I know a couple of ppl, who exp like a monster and don't pk at all until they hit lv80.

How is NP gonna prove you legitness? In my opinion it's the opposite. If you make a rule and a koxper who browses this forum reads that, he will make a bit np (let's say 20k) by Np transfer or just hacking in pvp zones, which increases the banrisk of a character.

BK Programmer Senior Member sexyswed's Avatar

ahh i see u noticed my reply in char sell topic ^^

well i got no solution to it ^^ i only knew it might be a problem

Make a rule to ASK for permission from Ko4life mods to let you sell the char. You send a full SS of the char to make sure its legit, they can check KoK, and if it looks legit, then the mod posts it for them or something. The mod will know whether or not its k0xped and if it isnt he doesnt have to give out the name on here.[/b]
    As Fridulin said, we want something that removes the Staff from the whole character selling process as much as possible unless absolutely needed (as in, during an investigation, etc.). We don't want to have to deal with being accused of favoritism, simply because we allowed Person A's character, but not Person B's.

Banned Senior Member

What about exp freaks? I know a couple of ppl, who exp like a monster and don't pk at all until they hit lv80.

How is NP gonna prove you legitness? In my opinion it's the opposite. If you make a rule and a koxper who browses this forum reads that, he will make a bit np (let's say 20k) by Np transfer or just hacking in pvp zones, which increases the banrisk of a character.[/b]
    It's a mix of a few things, I wont mention everything that could be suspected in a KOXP account, people will then start avoiding those to make them look real

Banned

As Fridulin said, we want something that removes the Staff from the whole character selling process as much as possible unless absolutely needed (as in, during an investigation, etc.). We don't want to have to deal with being accused of favoritism, simply because we allowed Person A's character, but not Person B's.[/b]
    who cares then , just let people be free to sell what they like heres a news flash , im pist that 500 chinese troll the server making endless gb's and 90 % of this forums buys there koxped gold and you allow this so now stop selling gb's i mean if your covering one end of the stick you better be looking at the other

Beramusian Senior Member Fr4nkie's Avatar

Screenshot which includes:

-Name
    -National Points
    -Quests done (We know Koxpers dont do any Quests)
    -Further equip ? (To check at KOK?)[/b]
    SSs can be photoshopped as well, like NoD32 (snootchie) did with one SS lying that he had a cypher ring.

who cares then , just let people be free to sell what they like heres a news flash , im pist that 500 chinese troll the server making endless gb's and 90 % of this forums buys there koxped gold and you allow this so now stop selling gb's i mean if your covering one end of the stick you better be looking at the other[/b]
    By that logic, why do we even bother moderating the market section? You'd rather it be a free-for-all?

zrocker0404

By that logic, why do we even bother moderating the market section? You'd rather it be a free-for-all?[/b]
    No

Anyways i dont think there IS a way to filter cheaters without mods help. Only way would to be cautious if you are buying. But even if u are, u still might end up screwed.

Banned

By that logic, why do we even bother moderating the market section? You'd rather it be a free-for-all?[/b]
    im simply saying what your asking seems like more risk then reward personally i dont wanna put my kok link maybe if someone from this forum doesnt like me he will report im seling my char ??? i mean there is many reasons why its kept private and koxp is not one of them

side note *

do we have to ss the drops we get and post that with a kok link of its igc price ?? to prove there not duped

how about fraps showing how we got our gb's or ss's to prove how we obtained them

or upgrades from 1-7/8/9 ss's to prove they where legitly obtained

just seems like too much work to sell , i mean what you guys are talking about cleans up one aspect but fails to stop the problem imo its gold selling that is at a all time high and the chinese are not farming them legitly so what you gonna do about that

SoWhat

i like hte screen shot idea, no edits, show the NP, a lvl 80 char has to have a good amount of np.

im simply saying what your asking seems like more risk then reward personally i dont wanna put my kok link maybe if someone from this forum doesnt like me he will report im seling my char ??? i mean there is many reasons why its kept private and koxp is not one of them
    side note *

do we have to ss the drops we get and post that with a kok link of its igc price ?? to prove there not duped

how about fraps showing how we got our gb's or ss's to prove how we obtained them

or upgrades from 1-7/8/9 ss's to prove they where legitly obtained

just seems like too much work to sell , i mean what you guys are talking about cleans up one aspect but fails to stop the problem imo its gold selling that is at a all time high and the chinese are not farming them legitly so what you gonna do about that[/b]
    Yeah, that makes sense. You want us to take on a ~$1 billion/year industry. We'll get right on that.

Now, pertaining to the bits of your post that were on topic, you're completely missing the point here Nikleo, as it seems you often do. We're not saying, "hey, how about we make you all use screenshots?" We're simply asking for input. We constantly get criticized for not asking the community's opinion, so here we are, asking. We want your views since, the only idea we had, was the aforementioned screenshot idea, which we felt was a lot of extra work for people.

Banned

i dont know im just trying to be helpfull , as a seller of many accounts im simply saying some of the ideas are nice and some are a complete waste of time atleast i added some opinions you asked for them and got them

evilwevel

i don't think there is any easy way out. especially without someone monitoring all these things.

one thing that could help is a list of account names that were found using a 3rd party tool. along with a screenshot to prove it. this way user can at least check for themselves if the account isn't on this list (even though user can still use name change scrolls)

another idea that could work is the need for at least X (let's say 5) people to agree that this person can sell his char. the downside on this is that it requires a lot of people browsing the section and that it's easy to bypass as well.

the problem is just that you never know if a character was lvld using any 3rd party tool. it could be that it has been lvld with cheats so someone could pk and have fun without cheats. he would play for some time and gain some good np, yet he still used cheats to lvl his char.

the only people that can report this are the players themselves and if they don't bother reporting you would never know. so i'd say that option one (the list of known cheaters) would be best to prevent a user selling an account lvld by cheats.

Banned

i don't think there is any easy way out. especially without someone monitoring all these things.

one thing that could help is a list of account names that were found using a 3rd party tool. along with a screenshot to prove it. this way user can at least check for themselves if the account isn't on this list (even though user can still use name change scrolls)

another idea that could work is the need for at least X (let's say 5) people to agree that this person can sell his char. the downside on this is that it requires a lot of people browsing the section and that it's easy to bypass as well.

the problem is just that you never know if a character was lvld using any 3rd party tool. it could be that it has been lvld with cheats so someone could pk and have fun without cheats. he would play for some time and gain some good np, yet he still used cheats to lvl his char.

the only people that can report this are the players themselves and if they don't bother reporting you would never know. so i'd say that option one (the list of known cheaters) would be best to prevent a user selling an account lvld by cheats.[/b]
    ok , i dont like you and i report you so now you cannot sell your char ? how do you fix that remember ko4life is a immature 14 yrd old community thats the biggest problem right there

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast