View Poll Results: Do you think we should enforce a rule to stop USD sales in the market sections?

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

142 60.17%
  • No

94 39.83%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Sales and Purchases for real life cash

This is a discussion on Sales and Purchases for real life cash within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Not entirely our fault. If k2 would open the coin limit per char, there wouldnt be so many problems. Theres ...
Page: 2

Hostage

Not entirely our fault. If k2 would open the coin limit per char, there wouldnt be so many problems. Theres always going to be people who get scammed. I wanted to buy an Iron belt the other day, but theres no fucking way in hell im going to trust someone with the first 100b I give over. To only get fucked in the end because my last n00b char cant log into d3 because it has no prem. K2 doesnt give a shit, they see $$ at each paycheck, they think everything is A-OK. You want to reduce USD sales? Fix the game first. Until then, I wouldnt even bother trying.

Meh, back on topic.. Its a forum, let people do what they need to do.

one thing i must admit i have never understood is people blaming the coin limit for them purchasing something for usd....... when you buy with USD one person has to either trade item of money first..... it's even less scam proof than KO's method.

Most sensible thing if you are buying something for over 2.1 bil, is trade them 2.1 bil and they trade you something worth that amount, shard +7 md+8 etc, then you put that item in your inn get it on the other account with the next 2.1 bil and trade it back to them with the rest of the money and they give you the item you wanted. Fact of the matter is in this game and with USD transactions you should always trust the people you are dealing with anyways.

this common sense announcement was brought to you by Paddy

as for people saying that it is a unofficial forum and people can do what they like, i agree. I was meerly offering a suggestion to try and correct the upset balance in this game as of late. As forum moderators we don't directly have responsibility for people being scammed through the forums we provide, but we do have the opportunity to prevent it.

Hostage

And how many people have Shard +7's to throw around? Not all of us can afford to do that

Just think how the numbers of scams were to decrease if you opened the trade limit to 999b ^_^

Phosgene

definatly not...
    most of the ppl that are quiting are looking to get rid of everything conected to knight and they need real cash .

agreed but its no reason for people to revert to the less trustworthy practice of real life cash purchases

hej

Simple solution to the money problem is wipe all money and all items that are +6 or higher + uniqes and weapin defens

Phosgene

look paddy ive been selling items for lots of ppl for usd here...
    u just need to gain good rep as for usd purchases and ull be fine...

TunaFishyMe

leave my weapon defence please

infected

ShadowHunter, im sure a guy that played for arround a year and worked his ass off to get shells & high quality weapons wont say the same thing.

ID4N

oh yes....
    every time i see another post with "selling for usd/buying for usd" it gets me sick!
    how can u pay real cash for pixels? and crappy pixels from a game that will get u no where...
    I belive a player should earn his items and not to buy it for real cash, this game has lost his innoncence, but im glad that there are still few players who dont buy for usd and im proud to say that im one of them and can kick the ass of all the babashoped/usd buyers players.

resurecter

imho removing the limit of 2.1 bil will fix absolutely nothing
    the problem with too much cash on server and price raising was caused due to massive duping.. ppl duped everything .. cash, bus, crystals, hwt, items... simply everything and suddendly every1 could have as much cash as he wanted
    thats why ppl started sell for usd because it was impossible to buy anything for IGC

the only difference that now will ppl dupe 999 bil instead 2.1
    so the ppl would have to buy good items for xxxxx bil again

imho the only thing that could help is if K2 fix all the duping (well in my dreams only) and wipes all coins in every account.. leaving few coins for tp and pots

TunaFishyMe

tbh i dont really see any problems with buying with USD. As long as you buy from a good source and not some turkumusen duper. The problem with "earning" things is that you dont always get the chance. For example a clan has 36 people. Talos doesnt drop skele/IB every day. You may be fortunate that the your clan has enough to give you but not all do.

R34P3R_Magikz

But does it not take the fun away of obtaining the items the way they was not ment to be obtained your gonna spend all this $$ just to gain items asap and then quit cus your bored and have done everything you wanted if 3/4 of the time it would of

Originally posted by Phosgene
    look paddy ive been selling items for lots of ppl for usd here...
    u just need to gain good rep as for usd purchases and ull be fine...
    i think you've missed the point here... i am not concerned with creating a good reputation for myself in order to sell and buy for USD hell i'd imagine alot of people here would trust me enough to tranfer items etc just from knowing me on the forums.... what i am trying to suggest is that the USD for ingame transfers should begin and end with Knight Cash

Phosgene

btw talking the great ouroboros that bought everything for usd ?
    nothing to offense here paddy , just giving u an example that usd is very usefull sometimes...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast