Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Seal/Unseal 8 Digit

This is a discussion on Seal/Unseal 8 Digit within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Obviously you fail to realize if u seal or unseal ur items, ur pressing ur keys. Meaning you just gave ...
Page: 2

lil_mageskillz

Obviously you fail to realize if u seal or unseal ur items, ur pressing ur keys. Meaning you just gave out ur security mouse pad login bullshit. Now they can login and take all ur shit.

If they made 2 seperate codes where ur keypad was COMPLETELY different from anything ur using ingame, then that will be a more reliable security system.

Im sure they intend to impliment this feature because of the ammount of players getting hacked at internet cafe. Keyloggers are more common than anything else, and if they put this feature in, the only time ull get keylogged is if u use ur seal information at the cafe or download hacks at ur home. So stop cheating and u wont get hacked :][/b]
    when u seal and unseal u r also using the mouse... not your keybourd.

tekl2elite

Well the new security patch has not been placed in yet, so u never know what K2 will do.

They said it'll be used when you enter Knight Online, but did not mention you would have a pop up keypad for your seal.

lil_mageskillz

ppl who made there seal digit already have tryed unsealing and there is a keypad already.

I just updated my accounts for tue mtnc, I hope there are no bugs...

Obviously you fail to realize if u seal or unseal ur items, ur pressing ur keys. Meaning you just gave out ur security mouse pad login bullshit. Now they can login and take all ur shit.[/b]
    Nah, I read the news. I know what they're doing.

"Starting Tuesday December 2, in order to enter Knight Online you must enter in your 8 digit secret key into the pop-up keypad."
    http://knightonlineworld.gamersfirst.com/n...627923557570531

Shouldn't be so quick to judge as a failure. :P Thanks tho.

And it is possible to make a program like I mentioned. Actually, tt already exists. It's called a trojan. They have the capability to screen capture/keylog

**For those getting 404 errors or page not found - Don't click the reset button. I just tested this and it went through fine if I didn't click "reset."

Hustlin' Senior Member kgllegend's Avatar

And it is possible to make a program like I mentioned. Actually, tt already exists. It's called a trojan. They have the capability to screen capture/keylog [/b]
    Too many people talking about shit they don't know, when you click the digits on the keypad to enter your password, it will come up as *'s,(Stars) , censoring the password. A trojan that captures your screen activity won't do shit. It is not possible for them to do shit anymore unless you had a R.A.T on your computer and they were actually watching your screen activity, but even then, I've tested this with remote assistance programs and it does not show the in-game blue cursor, so they could not see which digit's your clicking on the key pad.

_eSuba_

lol i still getting error page even when there not any 0 in a digit number that i trying :S

k2 ......

"if its works well , we probly will bug it !"

Shane1911

Yep, error page for me still as well.

lmao, it would really surprise me when they came out with anything new and it worked as it should :lol:

Too many people talking about shit they don't know, when you click the digits on the keypad to enter your password, it will come up as *'s,(Stars) , censoring the password. A trojan that captures your screen activity won't do shit. It is not possible for them to do shit anymore unless you had a R.A.T on your computer and they were actually watching your screen activity, but even then, I've tested this with remote assistance programs and it does not show the in-game blue cursor, so they could not see which digit's your clicking on the key pad.[/b]

Too many people underestimate programming... I'm not just some random nooblette so don't just assume I don't know shit .
    I never said anything about the stars hiding the password. I said recording where the mouse clicks.
    Can't capture curser? Pull up fraps and record while logging in. Playback = you can see cursor
    Granted streaming a video is not bandwidth friendly.

Even without the cursor, all you would need is a screenshot of the 'random' keypad numbers, and the coordinates of where the mouse clicked on event. Which would a much smaller program.

If people want to believe this feature is the best security measure they came up with, then believe that. I'm just finding the holes in this plan as with k2, they always have many.

But security has and always will be the fault of users. Look at how many people installed keyloggers... More than once...

get a feeling by end of this week. no one gona be able to log in :P
    lol bug ftw

Is it still not working ? :unsure:

Too many people underestimate programming... I'm not just some random nooblette so don't just assume I don't know shit .
    I never said anything about the stars hiding the password. I said recording where the mouse clicks.
    Can't capture curser? Pull up fraps and record while logging in. Playback = you can see cursor
    Granted streaming a video is not bandwidth friendly.

Even without the cursor, all you would need is a screenshot of the 'random' keypad numbers, and the coordinates of where the mouse clicked on event. Which would a much smaller program.

If people want to believe this feature is the best security measure they came up with, then believe that. I'm just finding the holes in this plan as with k2, they always have many.

But security has and always will be the fault of users. Look at how many people installed keyloggers... More than once...[/b]
    they couldn't simply use the co-ordinates of where the mouse clicked as afaik and from what i have heard the numbers aren't in order and change order everytime you click it up

lil_mageskillz

its more security thats all. if they find your security number with w/e trojens u guys saying , they still need your username and pass which was the only thing they needed this whole time.

R.I.P. Markis Senior Member zXFuryXz's Avatar

they couldn't simply use the co-ordinates of where the mouse clicked as afaik and from what i have heard the numbers aren't in order and change order everytime you click it up[/b]
    like the runescape bank pin

...Runescape ftw

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast