Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

What does it take to be a "Pro"

This is a discussion on What does it take to be a "Pro" within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; . i am pRO ? xD...
Page: 4

min0r

. i am pRO ? xD

Being PRO > Proffesional is being paid for playing, so there is no pro players afaik.

But they can be elite.

Being PRO > Proffesional is being paid for playing, so there is no pro players afaik.

But they can be elite.[/b]
    Actually, Chinese gold bar farmers and even a few people here have earned a good bit of money playing the game.

my definition of pro ok KO:

trustable, can play their char very good in all situations, LEGIT for sure, helps clannies when needed. A person who doesnt just play this game for personal gain.

peintre

1. intelligence
    2. skills
    3. fastfingers/10 fingersystem
    4. capable of multitasking
    5. always trying 2 perfect or seartch a better way off doingthings
    6. intelligence
    7. a good computer

pro mages can lure falcons without a good healer or any healer at all. good example, SarumanPupe....bad example BigPappaWide[/b]
    a desent mage can doo that,,,
    a pro mage can aoe darkstones unbuffed, solo -naked!-

Pino

about mages luring without getting hit is maybe 1 time or 2 but after that you lose a bit of attention because exping is just bored so i dont think that is a good example of being pro

For everyone who said game knowledge and builds and stuff... theres like none of that in KO :| game is so simple outside of PvE its retarded.

Teamplay/Organization
    Combo, knowing who to attack etc
    Good support, healing, TP
    Know your limits, know when you will die

I don't consider it skill for getting 80... I just consider that slaving away on your PC chair so w/e. I give them props for gettin it, but skill not so much.

evilwevel

a pro knows when to stop and get outside

MirZa117

If you never babashopped and got all your items and lvls by yourself, then you're "pro" in my book

xPayBackx

Wink

Pro = Pwn ALL

mammlea2

A person domintating in pvp.

Professional is another thing, I want the definition of a "pro" compare to a "noob" or "newbie" in a game. I'm looking for the definition of "pro" as an online gaming term. If I want to know what a "professional" is I would've look it up in the dictionary. Online gamers have their own language just like people use shortcuts when instant messaging with their friends. It's their language. If we were to create a language and a dictionary of our own, what would the definition of "pro" be?

I'm sure there people who consider them as a "pro" in this game when they compare themself to others.[/b]
    there is a progaming scene in many online games. pro as an online gaming term actually does describe a professional

find a better word

wat u guyz think uber 1337??

EDIT: the response you want so dearly.

this game is nothing for skill. you learn the ins and outs and you are done. the people who excel are the people who spend the most time and have the most knowledge. thus, people who DISCOVER/SPREAD that knowledge are the people accredited as the "pros" (as you call it.. i see nothing but ignorance when i see people use this word).

discover something new in this game and you'll be known. there is no skill to gauge against.

the newschool cries for attention and the oldschool gloat because they cannot be dethroned.

For everyone who said game knowledge and builds and stuff... theres like none of that in KO :| game is so simple outside of PvE its retarded.

Teamplay/Organization
    Combo, knowing who to attack etc
    Good support, healing, TP
    Know your limits, know when you will die

I don't consider it skill for getting 80... I just consider that slaving away on your PC chair so w/e. I give them props for gettin it, but skill not so much.[/b]
    are you shitting me. this game is built upon knowledge as is every other mmorpg.

of course getting 80 is no skill. its simple time spent. as is cz pk. if you truly think there is even a noticeable level of skill in this game, i wish you would try some other sports/games.

combo/organization = knowledge.

the only sportsmanship i find in this game (and agree with you on) is intuition from experience. that would be your "know your limits" portion. even then, skill is technique. intuition is something entirely different. they usually do go hand in hand (you gain both at the same time from practice/experience), but in a game like this the technique/skill is too limited so intuition is the only determining factor.

anyways truth be told, regardless of however little gap in knowledge you may have (i.e. better combo) time spent will trump (i.e. level/items).

of course you can argue here about how you were a level 75 bp that beat a turkish duper lvl 80~~!!!!! OMFG (someone always brings this up). but really, if you truly believed that this were not the case.. you wouldn't bring up the point that you beat a level 80 to begin with

Lord0fWar

To be a pro u need to be skilled and so do your co players. Below average items will do the trick ^^

ChowBoy

You can't be pro at Knight Online, too many hacks out to even begin this....FLAME ON![/b]
    LoL :lol:

[]D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar

A "Pro" for Knight online is someone who talks a lot of shit on the forum, then gets in game and talks more shit, then gets some kills in pvp and talks shit, then makes a video and people say its ok so they keep talking.

I've never really met a pro, just a lot of people that think they are good at a video game so they self proclaim themselves pros.

PS kennie: Bathory is a great priest, and doesn't talk shit, and is nice to everyone she meets, so in my eyes shes a "pro"

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast