Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

3 Things that make a good pvp movie?

This is a discussion on 3 Things that make a good pvp movie? within the Media forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; 3 things 1. must be gae 2. must be gae 3. must be me on video :P...
Page: 2

3 things
    1. must be gae

2. must be gae

3. must be me on video :P
    WnxMiqdad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    Can you give an example of a KO PK video that doesn't have amateur-ish edits? I sincerely doubt anyone that's an actual video editor ever made a KO PK video, assuming you didn't pay them a ludicrous amount of money.

Edit: Also @Kallop

Do you think this is alright if you're constantly changing the song? I find this difficult to do with clips with one continuous song, but at the same time it's also annoying to hear a new song with just the drop or whatever every 30 seconds.
    Well not necessarily changing the song, but editing the clips in correlation to the music provided. Also choosing music that suits the tempo of the clips is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Music in mage vid was okay, but the footage doesn't allow for much editing creativity imo. It's just nuke -> fade to black. Repeat. Stopped watching at 4 mins but I doubt it'll get much different than that.

The other video has amateurish edits at best, which is fine if that's the kind of video you are going for.
    still that is a hella good mage pk vid and the 2nd one thats really old but still its really nice ;D

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

bump would like more people's opinions on this actually

Quote Originally Posted by xGodakaMirza View Post
    1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEq9EVkfenI
    2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbwuQ1nCG1k

These two vids are perfectly done in my oppinion, especially the mage one, thoose are a good example, at leas i think so
    have to say i enjoyed it Flank Mage pvp Xd but the edit was good I think some people missed sometimes we need a story!

SuperSin Senior Member JayClaiba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    Good iniciative with this thread because in times of live streams and super high upload rates, people are making way too many videos so it's now extremely banal. And everything that gets banalized instantly loses quality. With that being said:

1) Put a lot of time in your video so you can decently edit it. You don't need to finish in a day.
    2) Isolated "minimalist" fights (that are not visually poluted inside bowl crowded with 300 people) should be present.
    3) Variation is key. From music to PK styles and places.
    TBH I enjoy crankin' them out in 4 hr sony vegas sesssions.. My edits are kinda lazy but I like to keep it to the pk tho.

1. Tasteful edits to accompany your choice of music
    2. You want it to be dramatic, so go for the solo clips 1vs2+, 2~3vs5+ etc. I don't get enough of that I think
    3. No polemik kanki

Glad someone made this thread kinda motivating me to get back on fraps.

Kinda off topic but what are the best render settings? I feel like mine end up causing some compression to occur once processed by YouTube..
    WnxMiqdad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JayClaiba View Post
    TBH I enjoy crankin' them out in 4 hr sony vegas sesssions.. My edits are kinda lazy but I like to keep it to the pk tho.

1. Tasteful edits to accompany your choice of music
    2. You want it to be dramatic, so go for the solo clips 1vs2+, 2~3vs5+ etc. I don't get enough of that I think
    3. No polemik kanki

Glad someone made this thread kinda motivating me to get back on fraps.

Kinda off topic but what are the best render settings? I feel like mine end up causing some compression to occur once processed by YouTube..
    I feel you been using shadowplay now though takes as much as fraps but will see how the edit comes out

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Seems like the best way to get the best video quality on KO is to render in 4K.

Quote Originally Posted by xGodakaMirza View Post
    1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEq9EVkfenI
    2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbwuQ1nCG1k

These two vids are perfectly done in my oppinion, especially the mage one, thoose are a good example, at leas i think so
    damn the first video(the mage clan) i liked it very much heheha.

1. For me a good KO video should have every phase of it, since 8v8(with a good team work ofc) to duo, 3x etc.
    2. Music synchronization (its hard to please everybody since not everyone have the same taste for music.)
    3. Video quallity.
    WnxMiqdad likes this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyRd...eature=related

My favorite mage PK video of all times.

Edit: There are quite a few pointless clips and some odd editing choices, but overall it's in general a great video showcasing how small edits make a difference in a video. The intro is really nice and the tempo of the music is correspondent to the tempo of the clips. Also the edits are in general so small that they don't disturb the viewing experience, but they are remarkable enough to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    the game is becoming stale in terms of skill and gameplay.
    Totally. That's why, nowadays, originality and great edits are more important than ever if you want your vid to stand out and not to get lost in the limbo.

Well, yes. Your style was original because you made it like a series of short videos; with episodes (and even seasons?) if I remember correctly. It's a diferent approach, nice and cool but also easy to forget :/

the SuperSin aka JayClaiba videos are probably the best videos nowdays in terms of gameplay/edit.
    JayClaiba likes this.

1) Be yourself rather then following same 'shit' that millions knight online video already existed.
    2) Pratice yourself to get new techniques for better PK/VS shot
    3) You are living at 2017, so please wake up, tons of tutorial of video editing at youtube, improve yourself.

Well i could list 3 bad things:

1. Any tank priest vid,
    2. Any mage nova drop vid,
    3. Any rouge CP+1 Kill vid.

SuperSin Senior Member JayClaiba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    Well, yes. Your style was original because you made it like a series of short videos; with episodes (and even seasons?) if I remember correctly. It's a diferent approach, nice and cool but also easy to forget :/
    Yeah I noticed that, I kinda did these videos for myself and my friends tbh, document my time playing this game sorta. It's more of a scrapbook/journal, I doubt I'ma give a shit about the game in 3 years.. If anything I'm gonna try and recreate it from scratch haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
    the SuperSin aka JayClaiba videos are probably the best videos nowdays in terms of gameplay/edit.
    thx this made me smile and feel warmth

Quote Originally Posted by WnxMiqdad View Post
    I feel you been using shadowplay now though takes as much as fraps but will see how the edit comes out
    You can use shadowplay with KO now? I thought it wasn't supported!
    Smooth likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast