Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

3 Things that make a good pvp movie?

This is a discussion on 3 Things that make a good pvp movie? within the Media forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I highly recommend you to watch his videos 10/10 Edits and Quality https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsj...3HopnSvXaNcI5Q...
Page: 3

I highly recommend you to watch his videos
    10/10 Edits and Quality

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsj...3HopnSvXaNcI5Q
    ISpitOnYourGrave likes this.

iTzBryan Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by erdo1990 View Post
    10/10 Edits and Quality

3 minutes of bass shakes and gray scaled zooms to nothing = 10/10 edit? Oh my.

EDIT: now I understand. It's your friend making these vids and you're head of his marketing division. Nice of you to support him.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by itzbryan View Post
    3 minutes of bass shakes and gray scaled zooms to nothing = 10/10 edit? Oh my.

EDIT: now I understand. It's your friend making these vids and you're head of his marketing division. Nice of you to support him.
    His videos are probably some of the most entertaining KO videos I've ever watched on this version, literally the only videos I actually watched in full (along with ElaniaPolis)
    erdo1990 likes this.

iTzBryan Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    His videos are probably some of the most entertaining KO videos I've ever watched on this version, literally the only videos I actually watched in full (along with ElaniaPolis)
    I mean that's great and I have no comment on that since I really don't enjoy PK vids in general. However, that editing is nowhere close to 10/10 (unless our scale is the Turkish Knight Online PK vid scale?) and almost annoying with the copy+paste-like repetitiveness.

I mean that's great and I have no comment on that since I really don't enjoy PK vids in general. However, that editing is nowhere close to 10/10 (unless our scale is the Turkish Knight Online PK vid scale?) and almost annoying with the copy+paste-like repetitiveness.
    it's 10/10 compared to your vids

Could you give an example of a video with 10/10 editing that's KO then?

bryanthepaladin int bp pk video incoming

iTzBryan Senior Member

it's 10/10 compared to your vids
    bryanthepaladin int bp pk video incoming
    You're so angry... Luckily I don't need to speak for/defend myself.

It stings so good...

I'm not sure there's any such thing. KO is pretty limited in the camera angles/effects. ORIGINAL effects are about as close to GG edits as it gets; something I always tried to do.

I'm not sure there's any such thing. KO is pretty limited in the camera angles/effects. ORIGINAL effects are about as close to GG edits as it gets; something I always tried to do.
    I don't understand how you can call something not 10/10 when you have no metric to compare it to.

In terms of KO videos this guy is probably 8-9/10 almost every video, but overall from every montage I've ever watched it's probably a solid 5.

And I don't know why you have such high regards for FuriousKO and his opinion; not only is he banned for scamming but he's also like, 15.

10/10 Edits and Quality

and boring as fuck. Good movie got MAX 10 mins

Quote Originally Posted by regiss View Post
    and boring as fuck. Good movie got MAX 10 mins
    boring prolly because you don't understand the polemik behind it (since you don't understand the ts convos in the videos)

iTzBryan Senior Member

boring prolly because you don't understand the polemik behind it (since you don't understand the ts convos in the videos)
    And because it's your friends so of course it's interesting to you. There's nothing to defend, we get it. I enjoy watching/listening to my friends or someone I know play because I can relate to it. I'm just pointing out that you have an inherent bias to rate it higher because you have an emotional reaction to your friends; objectively, it's not close to 10/10.

I don't understand how you can call something not 10/10 when you have no metric to compare it to.

In terms of KO videos this guy is probably 8-9/10 almost every video, but overall from every montage I've ever watched it's probably a solid 5.

And I don't know why you have such high regards for FuriousKO and his opinion; not only is he banned for scamming but he's also like, 15.
    10/10 = on par with the best editing I've ever seen. That's all I need to compare to.

FuriousKO had such a problem with me at the end of his time here for whatever reason. But at the end of the day, he still knows good edits when he sees them regardless of how much he disliked me - That's why. Not sure how that could possibly be difficult to understand inherently.

And because it's your friends so of course it's interesting to you. There's nothing to defend, we get it. I enjoy watching/listening to my friends or someone I know play because I can relate to it. I'm just pointing out that you have an inherent bias to rate it higher because you have an emotional reaction to your friends; objectively, it's not close to 10/10.

10/10 = on par with the best editing I've ever seen. That's all I need to compare to.

FuriousKO had such a problem with me at the end of his time here for whatever reason. But at the end of the day, he still knows good edits when he sees them regardless of how much he disliked me - That's why. Not sure how that could possibly be difficult to understand inherently.
    as i said, compared to your vids it definitely is 10/10.
    showing that furiousko did put your vid in his top5 doesn't mean anything to anyone here but seems like it makes you think that your videos are not (deleted this because it'd probably hurt your feelings)

Because at the same time I could probably send him a picture of my sony vegas and he would thing it was somehow impressive; people like him (and arguably me), are easily impressionable due to young age.

Could you link me the "best editing" you've ever seen so I could see what your objectively comparing this to?

iTzBryan Senior Member

as i said, compared to your vids it definitely is 10/10.
    showing that furiousko did put your vid in his top5 doesn't mean anything to anyone here but seems like it makes you think that your videos are not (deleted this because it'd probably hurt your feelings)
    You won't hurt my feelings big boi. Especially knowing how salty you are with me even after I defend you about your friend's video - your critiques mean nothing.

Because at the same time I could probably send him a picture of my sony vegas and he would thing it was somehow impressive; people like him (and arguably me), are easily impressionable due to young age.

Could you link me the "best editing" you've ever seen so I could see what your objectively comparing this to?
    Best editing has a wide range of criteria. I could say that I'm comparing it to Inception, Stevie COD 9Lives tek9, or Sebastian's Voodoo (just as a few examples). There's so many different things that constitute great edits (framing, music choice/sync, transitions, rule of thirds, order of clips, progression, storytelling, etc.) that are situation or venue (e.g. Knight Online) dependent... You're leading down a repudiative rabbit hole for the sake of disagreeing with me. The bottom line is repetitive camera shakes and zooms to insignificance are not 10/10 edits - that was my point. They are edits that add little-to-nothing to the video and look like experimentation rather than purposeful/engaging storytelling tools -- That doesn't mean it's not a good video or your favorite video or whatever you classify it as.
    Last edited by itzbryan; 03-10-2017 at 07:02 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast