Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Rift: Release March 1st, 2011

This is a discussion on Rift: Release March 1st, 2011 within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Yeah they are a bit OP atm. Not that I`m complaining much about them, but honestly those 1.2k crit shots ...
Page: 4

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Yeah they are a bit OP atm. Not that I`m complaining much about them, but honestly those 1.2k crit shots while kitting is just too OP. I`m thinking they`ll either balance that before release, or it`s maybe meant to be like that as they might be weaker as they go towards level 50.

Sup guys.

I am at Alpha/beta. Same nick, guild Boss, see you in RIFT!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ7Sh8qoEI8]YouTube - Rift - CG Trailer - PC[/ame]

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by :Blaster: View Post
    Sup guys.

I am at Alpha/beta. Same nick, guild Boss, see you in RIFT!
    O shit now I remember ur name haha.

Lets own in boss!

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

so rift is good??
    ive heard a lot about it being shit after the first beta...
    i might have to give it a crack i reckon

Quote Originally Posted by trytankme View Post
    so rift is good??
    ive heard a lot about it being shit after the first beta...
    i might have to give it a crack i reckon
    Nope it`s only the WoW fanboys that speak out loud and try to ruin it for everyone. Funny how they spend more time on RIFT forums trying to ruin the game then play WoW... shows how interseting WoW is.

As for the game, I found it really interesting,... only negative feeling that I have is knowing that I might play too much of it, which I really don`t want to screw me over . But trust me, it`s good, first day in BETA I pked for about 9 hours... I just couldn`t get enough of it.

well was mainly trolls on aionsource who were actually looking forward to the game then after the beta they were all like fuck this gonna wait for tera etc
    soo thats what i was thinking it would be shit..
    i love games with pk/pvp but is there a lot of content? like things to do?

well was mainly trolls on aionsource who were actually looking forward to the game then after the beta they were all like fuck this gonna wait for tera etc
    soo thats what i was thinking it would be shit..
    i love games with pk/pvp but is there a lot of content? like things to do?
    Well so far there were 5 betas, and for the last beta that just happened, the level cap was level 30 (overall level cap is 50). So there is still alot of content that we don`t know about, but up to 30, there is a few instances/dungeons, there is open world PvP, and amazing arenas(?),... it`s like a battlefield of 10v10 from level 10 it`s called Black Garden, and when you reach 20 you can go again to the Black Garden but with people in range of 20-29, or a new warfront (that`s what they are called) called The Codex, which is a 15v15 battle and different mechanics in order to win.

Overall, even with level cap being 30, it`s too much too explain, but there is tons of PvP (as I said, I PvPed for 9 hours the first day) and there is also quite alot of PvEing to do, 1) instances,... and 2) the more unique part of the game... rifts, which are pretty damn interesting.

Next beta starts on Friday, so get a VIP key to try it out.

edit: Wait till you try to figure out what you are gonna play... oh man, 336 combinations of classes you can play,... it took me like a week to figure out what I`ll be . I mean obviously I`m always a mage, and specifically here a pyromancer with a legit build .

yeh def gonna try it out this friday if i get a key

yeh def gonna try it out this friday if i get a key
    Actually I think I still have a non used one... PM`d it. For anyone else, just follow general discussion topics on RIFT forums, usually people give them away.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Actually I think I still have a non used one... PM`d it. For anyone else, just follow general discussion topics on RIFT forums, usually people give them away.
    cheers man, im guessing i just make an account and register the beta key?

This game is pretty pro. Like the raids have THREE difficulty settings. The 1st 2 i think are the same mechanics just upscaled bosses/mobs on the medium difficulty. And the hardest one has new areas/bosses so it will have all aspects for hardcore and casuals. Pretty cool

Oh and juicy, your post count is 1337... win

Inactive Member

I don't think I'm gonna play, but it looks cool.

The game is amazing... would be even more amazing if I had a pro guild. I really don`t wanna search for one . And it`s definetly not like KO... where if ur good then the good guilds recruit... especially since this game has no official site rankings as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    The game is amazing... would be even more amazing if I had a pro guild. I really don`t wanna search for one . And it`s definetly not like KO... where if ur good then the good guilds recruit... especially since this game has no official site rankings as of yet.
    Yeah, I agree
    On a side note, I find that movement in combat is a lot more important in this game, than in, let's say WoW, since fanboys always want to compare it to that Anyways, moving sideways while attacking will improve your dodge a lot, I keep dodging 50% of the time (okay, maybe not that much, but still) when I'm killing mobs because of that (and I'm only lvl 14 )
    Last edited by RavouS; 02-05-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast