Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

samurais, spartans or templar knights

This is a discussion on samurais, spartans or templar knights within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; ....
Page: 2

zaffers

Japanese culture>anicent Greece culture, imo. Also dont relay on facts u see from movies. 300 was waaaaay to hollywooded and Alexander wasent even close to the best strategist in anicent times. And if u dig a bit on this u see that he was a immature dumb brat who only had huge armys and great generals.

Read books ppl :P[/b]

you are absolutely clueless but still pretending to know stuff .

talking in this manner regarding Alexander the Great is plain blasphemy.

Banned

an old forgotten warrior people forget is the old viking berserkers in the 1000-1200's, they were outlawed for being to dangerous, the rituals that they performed and fighting styles were completely unheard of. the way to defeat a berserker was to wait till his rage was done, then end up killing him that way. because the people were so scared of berserkers, that they could not fight them off, so they outlawed any relation to the berserker form or fighting style. look it up, they were on scary enemy to fight

and just to compare, you know in the movie 300, when that man was chained down, and he had alot of scars on his back. he got stabbed by the king in the arm, and he just kept fighting (he pulled the sword out of his arm). that man was in a berskerer rage, before the king sliced his head off. imagine about 2000-3000 of those men in a battle.

and the best known civilizations i would have to say is mongols, romans, vikings, macedonians, carthaginians, and greeks.

best leaders were genghis kahn, alexander the great, and hannibal, many other generals i forget their names though

EMW

nazis

Banned

greeks were successful because of their hoplite soldiers. the soldiers stand side by side each holding a big shield, covering himself and his neighbor. along with that they are arm with long spears and short swords.

so tell me, how can samurais fight against that?

Inactive Member

"best leaders were genghis kahn, alexander the great, and hannibal, many other generals i forget their names though"

hannibal kicked ass took his men and elephants (crazy back in them days) over the alps and kicked ass.

The Greek/Macedonia Phalanx fought in formation whereas samurais don't...also a wall of 7 metre long sarissas vs a couple of katanas is kind of a no contest really. The ancient Greeks/Macedonians win, hands down, given that Alexander pwnt everyone, especially the Persians, WITH INFERIOR NUMBERS. There's also the fact that his campaign abroad lasted for 8? years in which he never lost a battle, which goes to show his tactical genius as well as the discipline of the soldiers.

Zparda

Samurais oO 1VS1 no fukin Leonidas could fight wut they dont c.

TeamWork Spartans

Banned

Ninjas.[/b]
    true

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

you are absolutely clueless but still pretending to know stuff .

talking in this manner regarding Alexander the Great is plain blasphemy.[/b]
    Belive what u want

Caesar was best old school general and leader.

dragonsrock

am i the only one who realizes that the templars and the samari are from a different era then the spartans?
    if you gave the technology of the 2 more recent ones to the spartans..... no contest.
    even with older tech the spartans would still kick ass.

little_painter

you kids should play civilization 3 or 4
    there youll find ur facts

SID MEIER FTW!!!11!!

many nations have had specialized units
    what I find interesting, is waht eliminated nations had specialized units.. like the nation /people who made that big city now laing uin the jungle in southern asia
    or the people who made tecnolin now know as mexico city i think.. the city was left empty before the aztec nation was born
    the mololec?

acient history of south america should bee the most interesting considering theres nil information about the people there before 500 bc

zaffers

Belive what u want

Caesar was best old school general and leader.[/b]
    i should inform you then that Macedonians existed before Romans appear and even Caesar tried to follow Alexander's vision. (with a far bigger army than the macedonian)

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Erwin Rommel for best strategist !!! h34r: h34r: h34r:

ninjas were always too busy fighting each other if u ask me

templars ftw cuz i jus watched nation treasure not too long ago

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast