Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PS3 Price Drop

This is a discussion on PS3 Price Drop within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; So I see at E3 PS3 will be doing there price drop, as they normally do. But I was just ...
Page: 1

So I see at E3 PS3 will be doing there price drop, as they normally do. But I was just wondering how much this price drop will be??

If anyone knows pls post thanks.

Banned Senior Member

The price has already been lowered, it went down $100 from 599 to 499, and soon there will be a 80gb model with Motorstorm for 599

wow thats nice ty phantom <3

TunaFishyMe

what good is 80 gigs if a game takes like 30-50 gigs?

Banned Senior Member

it&#39;s called the system NOT being cracked, games are on discs remember...? -_- The most that happens is a game will cache like 2gb to your HD to play the game better, which you can delete at anytime when you stop playing the game

TunaFishyMe

pfft system not being cracked!! Whats with that? paying 70 bucks a game is not worth it! Can you replace the 80 gigs with a terrabyte one?

pfft system not being cracked!! Whats with that? paying 70 bucks a game is not worth it! Can you replace the 80 gigs with a terrabyte one?[/b]
    Its not 70 its 60 now. Not that bad. Besides you cant just download games and put them on the hardrive :lol:

Banned Senior Member

pfft system not being cracked!! Whats with that? paying 70 bucks a game is not worth it! Can you replace the 80 gigs with a terrabyte one?[/b]
    The system uses 2.5" Sata drives, not the regular drives you find in desktop PC&#39;s. So there aren&#39;t 400+ GB drives you can just swap in there.

And I have no problem spending $70 on a game for the ps3, almost everygame I&#39;ve bought has been well worth it

And I have no problem spending $70 on a game for the ps3, almost everygame I&#39;ve bought has been well worth it[/b]
    You just have to be picky :P

TunaFishyMe

ill just wait till a chinese guy cracks it in a year. Then the prices wil lbe around 300-399 or so and ill buy it then :P
    console system not cracked = baddddddddddd on the wallet.
    i dont remember paying for a game since ... N64 lol.

i heard PS3 sales jumped 2000% the first day after the price drop down, now PS3 sales passed WII and 360 in the U.S market
    p.s as far as i know the max capacity for 2.5 sata HDD is 250GB ( 5 games =P )

Banned Senior Member

You have to remember tho, not all games are 25gb, some are around 14, some near 20 I believe. Metal Gear Solid 4 will be 50gb as Hideo wants to maximize the BluRay possibilities.

To me cracking the ps3 to install the games on your HD is pointless due to their size, besides every other console out there had to be hacked to run Linux, the Ps3 has on option in it&#39;s settings to "Install another OS". They allow you, and support you to download/install Linux on the console, so that took away from some of the initial homebrew to get an OS on the system

And their sales went up 2700% on amazon when their price went down

Im going to buy my PS3 now :P If I can find a store that has one first :lol:

yeah currently the only game that will be 50gb is MGS4, and i&#39;m sure by the time u can use ur external 3.5 HHD on PS3 as an extended storage , we tried it on PS2 but when we did it we had some bugs in some games, but i hope there is a way to use 3.5 HHD on PS3 without any bugs

minhking

Phantomlink are you at 80 already ? Focus on KO dude. If you play WARhawk when will you xp your char ?
    BTW, how long do you think till the PS4 come out ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast