Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

PS3 Price Drop

This is a discussion on PS3 Price Drop within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; I quit KO when FD came out and I was 72, been a year now since I logged that account. ...
Page: 2

Banned Senior Member

I quit KO when FD came out and I was 72, been a year now since I logged that account.

Next "Next" gen of consoles wont be out untill 2012 or so

Dark_sith

I quit KO when FD came out and I was 72, been a year now since I logged that account.

Next "Next" gen of consoles wont be out untill 2012 or so[/b]
    Japan supposedly getting a 160 gb PS3 same shit just bigger hd and extra ports

DragonSan

dont it go down to 399?

Banned Senior Member

Price was lowered to $399 yes and it has been selling well since then, Outselling the Wii in Japan, and the 360 a few times since its price lowered

Banned

Price drop is because of Christmas. They have increased their supply, in order to generate more revenue. Generally during Christmas (this economic concept is known as reverse economy), they would increase their supply as well as the price, due to the fact that during holidays people buy gifts regardless of prices. However because of "better" games for other gaming consoles such as Halo, people are buying other consoles rather than PS3, so they cannot clear their inventory with higher prices. So instead they are lowering it.

Banned Senior Member

Also, they released the 40gb SKU with the price drop that isn't the same as the 80gb/old 60gb modle. As far as I know, they are still losing money off every system sold, same with Microsoft.

The 60gb ( not made anymore ) still remains as the top version of the ps3 to own, glad I have one ^_^

I always buy the first version of the Play Station, PSX, PS2 and PS3, and it's always the best version , the same goes for the controllers , i buy the first version is good then the newer is sucks

Banned Senior Member

Never heard of controllers being redone, except for now when the DualShock3 come in the spring

I always find very cheap controllers from the market after a while and i can't find the same controllers as the old one so i like to buy it at the first release of the PS, for example i still have the original controller that came with my PS2, but the other controller i changed it many times since i lost the the one that i bought when i bought my PS2

Banned

i had a trouble with my controller already sent it back one that is .. what it was is the L2 and R2 buttons are held by a thin peace of metal coiled to give it the spring motion and i dropped it . ( which i constentally do) and it snapped, the L2 button would work with me just stroking the button and would be flimshy( basically lost its posture) .. so i sent it back and got a new one .. i can see that they would actually redo controllers liek fix them and then resell them or ship out .. saves money so why not

( replying to a post about costs)
    for all of us english ps3'ers phantom for one were paying like 40-50 quid a game which is like 80 - 100 usd :P .. there are some games out there that you should stay away from . just do research before buying . and rent it ..

seans tip of the week - STAY AWAY FROM KAYNE AND LYNCH

any one tested UT3 yet ? ... ive got good prospects for this. might leave it on christmas list so some one can buy for me

Banned Senior Member

I heard Kane and Lynch wasn't the best of games, and ya look into games before you buy them. I mainly just rent games once in awhile atm due to things consuming my time.

Havn't tried UT3 yet, we'll see how it is after its released

AlanKo

what about assasins creed? great or just good?

Dark_sith

what about assasins creed? great or just good?[/b]
    I will warn you know you will be doing the same shit over and over this game should only be a RENT, hopefully part 2 will make the series better. I still enjoyed it when i was playing it

Banned

http://konsol-chips.dk/product.asp?product=771&lang=dk

that costs like 1000 usd, is that alot for that package?

Banned Senior Member

I cant tell, Here that package would be alot less ( it's even the original 60gb model :x ) but then again peopel in Europe are paying more for the systems and games

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast