Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Is this how the war in Iraq should be fought?

This is a discussion on Is this how the war in Iraq should be fought? within the Media forums, part of the Off Topic category; Please, if you watch the video, watch it from beginning to end and try to neutral (f.ex. without thinking about ...
Page: 1

Uzu

Default Is this how the war in Iraq should be fought?

Please, if you watch the video, watch it from beginning to end and try to neutral (f.ex. without thinking about the fact that you could be an American so what American troops do is always right) judge about it.

Is the deployment of troops who act like these bastards justified? Is this, what you really want?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0[/ame]

i watched this video a few times now and while it bothers me that this type of thing happens this is the reality of war.

as you watch the movie you see the guys in the chopper go through the rules of engagement also if you watch closely that many of the guys the reporters are with are carrying guns. it has been stated also that these reporters were doing a piece on local militia types... they were in a hot zone and pretty much were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

the part that bothers me the most is when the guys go to retrieve the bodies in their van and u can obviously see the man on the ground has no weapon . the good samaritans going to try and save this man are shot to shit. 3 large volleys rips their van to shreds. the peoples crime is trying to help a wounded man.

That's what you get for putting cowboys in an apache.
    You don't need to watch that clip in order to judge about America. Common sense does it as well. Nothing they've done in Iraq was fair or reasonable. Bombardment of Baghdad in the middle of the night?

ass in hole... Senior Member Unihoc's Avatar

watched that clip today and i don't really know what to say

MinuteMaid

Quote Originally Posted by aligator View Post
    That's what you get for putting cowboys in an apache.
    You don't need to watch that clip in order to judge about America. Common sense does it as well. Nothing they've done in Iraq was fair or reasonable. Bombardment of Baghdad in the middle of the night?
    It's not like Iraq has been the nice boy either lol

not enough back story, when you just say 'americans in a helicopter killed innocent men and children', yea it makes them look bad.

anyway, grats to the soldier that got the ac130 to drop

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Uzu View Post
    Is the deployment of troops who act like these bastards justified? Is this, what you really want?
    No one gives a shit what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by MinuteMaid View Post
    It's not like Iraq has been the nice boy either lol
    O yea, the reason of invading iraq was what again...? Oil? Nuclear weapons? No, Americas interests. (Which is oil.. )

When Americunts will learn that they have to doing their own shit and not invade other countries.. We know they fail at it everytime, since Vietnam.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Media. In America's situation, it is one of the biggest advantages they have as they can broadcast anything and people all around the world would believe it. However, I think as time passes by people actually start realizing more and more that most of the news, such as this one, are full of bullshit lies in order to cover their own asses.

As for the situation itself, even though the cameras might have looked like weapons, it's still none of their fucking business to keep order in another country. What they have done was brutal and there is no "but"s about it.

Even though I live in Canada, and Canada supports USA by sending military troops to Iraq.... I actually just wish that the news is spammed more with the American and Canadian troop lives lost, so both countries realize that they aren't making any progress in the first place, and second of all, it's none of their fucking business to mendel in other countries' situations.

All I can say is, USA sooner or later, whether its years or a few decades, will become a pit hole, and if I'm alive to see it happen, it would be certainly be one of my biggest satisfactory and happiness days.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Dont wanna protect the pilots, but, anyone ever been on that situation? No? Then cut the crap. Thing is, that its pretty hard for anyone up there to pilot the chopter, do 100 other things and determine if that situation down there is what he thought it was. Im still talking about the first shooting, guy obviously is a newbie, but he made a call, turned out to be a bad one. Shit happens, ppl died

2nd is more complicated and me, behind my pc who havent been on iraq, shooting anyone nor flown with an apache, think that he obviously was just shooting for "fun"

Anyways,

-Its war
    -Combat situation
    -Anyone can be a threat (thank the non-conventional warfare)
    -Kid from behind a joystick turned to a pilot

Thing that gets no excuse is the coverup attempt and ofc the public reaction. Both lack IQ

Prolly my first attempt to defend stupid redneck country across the big sea. But srsly, if u dont have anything smart to say, dont bother. U only look stupid in a gaming forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Magyk View Post
    Dont wanna protect the pilots, but, anyone ever been on that situation? No? Then cut the crap. Thing is, that its pretty hard for anyone up there to pilot the chopter, do 100 other things and determine if that situation down there is what he thought it was. Im still talking about the first shooting, guy obviously is a newbie, but he made a call, turned out to be a bad one. Shit happens, ppl died

2nd is more complicated and me, behind my pc who havent been on iraq, shooting anyone nor flown with an apache, think that he obviously was just shooting for "fun"

Anyways,

-Its war
    -Combat situation
    -Anyone can be a threat (thank the non-conventional warfare)
    -Kid from behind a joystick turned to a pilot

Thing that gets no excuse is the coverup attempt and ofc the public reaction. Both lack IQ

Prolly my first attempt to defend stupid redneck country across the big sea. But srsly, if u dont have anything smart to say, dont bother. U only look stupid in a gaming forum.
    I do agree with this, it's a warfare zone and there is no "thinking" about what must be done. But as you said, even though it was a bad call, it doesn't mean the media should cover it up. People do die and I can deal with that as it is a warzone, but what I can't deal with is the fucked up and twisted media coverage that the USA puts out.

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100%VOLUME Senior Member SamEs's Avatar

The reason why wars exists is america. (nowadays)
    when i see this video i start hating this country, im sry buts true, for me atleast.

How can these guys say (in apache) "Nice"
    is it nice to kill ppl?
    absolutely stipid these guys.

Uzu

Quote Originally Posted by SamEs View Post
    The reason why wars exists is america. (nowadays)
    when i see this video i start hating this country, im sry buts true, for me atleast.

How can these guys say (in apache) "Nice"
    is it nice to kill ppl?
    absolutely stipid these guys.
    there are several quotes you could show... but I don't want to anger myself watching that video again...

"You drove over a body"
    "Haha, maybe"
    "Haha"

What the f**k?

The one saying that pissed me off was "come on let me shoot em" (in a whining kind of voice). In any actual disciplened army that kind of talk doesn't happen, and yet as Magyk said, it sounds like a guy that went from a joystick to the real thing.

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

All Americans are bad, dumb, stupid, hate everyone else and are horrible people. That's all I hear from people from other countries.

Take a look around the world, you'll find a lot of people like that....this is just another case of some faggot who got caught on camera doing something horrible, and everyone assumes anyone associated with that individual or group of individuals is also a horrible person.

Point is people are bad, doesn't matter who you are, where you are from, what race you are, religion, doesn't matter, there's a dickhead among every group, and topics like this only seem to ignore that. Quit generalizing or gtfo.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast