Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Phenom KO | SERVER SHUTDOWN | RETIRED

This is a discussion on Phenom KO | SERVER SHUTDOWN | RETIRED within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by nickos3 Sorry but your post makes no-sense. It's obvious that, nobody would like to pay every month ...
Page: 5

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    Sorry but your post makes no-sense.

It's obvious that, nobody would like to pay every month for dedicated server from his own pocket. That's the reason "donation" exists, here, in PSKO community.
    Admins creates servers mainly to gain some development experience and to have some fun.

Players "donate" in order their money to go on the server stuff, like dedicated server.
    Admins, should never keep "donations" money. If they gain more money than its needed for the monthly stuff, then they should use these money to upgrade the server with new features, if they have no knowledge of programming.

For example, look OldSchoolKO. It's running for several months, they don't re-launch too often just to gain few more bucks and that's the reason they have so many users online playing. That's a professional management at least for me.

Sad to say that this has been changed in the last ~3 years and admins first priority is, to get some money for pizza, for a new car and such by re-launching a new server too often.
    Re-read the definition again please. Donation is when you give something and get NOTHING in return basically.
    Everyone who " Donated " got KC. We all know they only did that to buy KC. That is like going to a store and saying,
    I will donate you $1.25 and you give me a pepsi in return. Doesn't work like that, you are buying it. They bought
    the KC/Premium, they didn't DONATE. There is a huge difference between the two. And you are right about the changes
    about the PSKO. Now everyone is just greedy admins, that really know nothing. They just Copy + Paste from snoxd or
    some other website and claim that they are a " Dev " and their server will be the " Best " and is the most " Secure ".
    I don't even want to imagine where the PSKO buisness is headed, cause it seems all hope will be gone within the next
    few years.

Isiloon/Eslant Bosses to Colony Zone
    When I say move eslant bosses to Colony Zone I don't mean all to the center of the bowl. I would be spreading them throughout all of cz. Harpy Queen near harpies/raven harpies. Troll King near Trolls/Troll Captains. Snake Queen near lamias in the back, etc. This way it would be impossible for the big clans to get everything because there is just so much ground to cover. This would make cz constantly active because people will be looking for bosses all around the map and people will be pking to fight over bosses.

I really like the idea of Isiloon being in Colony Zone because it would prevent people from bugging it and big clans can fight over it.

Archer Combo
    I am still deciding what to do about this. I know many people like it but then again there are alot of issues that come along with it (people wrongly accusing others of koxp because archer combo looks like it, using macros, etc.) In the end Archer Combo is technically a "bug" which was never fixed.

Starting Gear/Level/Upgrade Rate
    Leveling is already a lot easier. I think I will run a few days of testing to see how the leveling is and make any adjustments that are necessary. BECAUSE leveling is much easier I plan on changing the upgrades rate to be harder so that server lasts a lot longer. Lower level gear = more fun and when you finally make that +6 , +7 , +8 item you feel happy/good. Starting Gear I was thinking about plates/low level weapons (rare/non-upgradeable)

Level Cap Increase
    With the xp being easy I don't really see a need to make a level cap increase each week. Plus this would allow new players to join in at any time and not be at such a disadvantage since players are pking in low level gear and they can get to 70 fairly quickly.

Previous Donators
    For those of you who have previously donated, I will return 50% of the KC people bought from the initial launch. This will be an annoying process since people will have different account information but ill do whatever it takes to make server successful. Once registration is fixed I will setup a system on forum where people can private message me with their account ids, amount of KC donated, old account id, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Claus View Post
    Re-read the definition again please. Donation is when you give something and get NOTHING in return basically.
    Everyone who " Donated " got KC. We all know they only did that to buy KC. That is like going to a store and saying,
    I will donate you $1.25 and you give me a pepsi in return. Doesn't work like that, you are buying it. They bought
    the KC/Premium, they didn't DONATE. There is a huge difference between the two. And you are right about the changes
    about the PSKO. Now everyone is just greedy admins, that really know nothing. They just Copy + Paste from snoxd or
    some other website and claim that they are a " Dev " and their server will be the " Best " and is the most " Secure ".
    I don't even want to imagine where the PSKO buisness is headed, cause it seems all hope will be gone within the next
    few years.
    I think I have already proven to the community that I am not a greedy person. There is more to being a "Dev" than just copy and pasting. I am not the best and never will be but I try my best with whatever knowledge I have and people seem to like me for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian View Post
    Isiloon/Eslant Bosses to Colony Zone
    When I say move eslant bosses to Colony Zone I don't mean all to the center of the bowl. I would be spreading them throughout all of cz. Harpy Queen near harpies/raven harpies. Troll King near Trolls/Troll Captains. Snake Queen near lamias in the back, etc. This way it would be impossible for the big clans to get everything because there is just so much ground to cover. This would make cz constantly active because people will be looking for bosses all around the map and people will be pking to fight over bosses.

I really like the idea of Isiloon being in Colony Zone because it would prevent people from bugging it and big clans can fight over it.

Archer Combo
    I am still deciding what to do about this. I know many people like it but then again there are alot of issues that come along with it (people wrongly accusing others of koxp because archer combo looks like it, using macros, etc.) In the end Archer Combo is technically a "bug" which was never fixed.

Starting Gear/Level/Upgrade Rate
    Leveling is already a lot easier. I think I will run a few days of testing to see how the leveling is and make any adjustments that are necessary. BECAUSE leveling is much easier I plan on changing the upgrades rate to be harder so that server lasts a lot longer. Lower level gear = more fun and when you finally make that +6 , +7 , +8 item you feel happy/good. Starting Gear I was thinking about plates/low level weapons (rare/non-upgradeable)

Level Cap Increase
    With the xp being easy I don't really see a need to make a level cap increase each week. Plus this would allow new players to join in at any time and not be at such a disadvantage since players are pking in low level gear and they can get to 70 fairly quickly.

Previous Donators
    For those of you who have previously donated, I will return 50% of the KC people bought from the initial launch. This will be an annoying process since people will have different account information but ill do whatever it takes to make server successful. Once registration is fixed I will setup a system on forum where people can private message me with their account ids, amount of KC donated, old account id, etc.

I think I have already proven to the community that I am not a greedy person. There is more to being a "Dev" than just copy and pasting. I am not the best and never will be but I try my best with whatever knowledge I have and people seem to like me for it.
    +1 Russian
    About level caps u can make xp harder like 1 day to get lvl 62 and so on , ppl will get a chance to join server all weak and lvl will be only 62 max for example, and ppl who allready lvl up, will farm and some stuff, i vote for hard upgrade rate +1 and some trinas for dm's,atrosses with small drops rate and bosses from eslant at cz is nice thought, and aq if server got restart few times u shuold allways kill all bosses.
    And finaly with archer combo for me its was ok if u are good u can use S combo and rape it or be a nooby and slide its an optcion, and ppl should start targeting arhcers more in pk if they say its to owerpowered they die like s...

Best Regard LuckyLuke

launcher server time ?

Add BiFrost and BDW and you might have a chance at an active server.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Your a pikey.

Did some more updates to bug list/to-do list. Go check it out!

[9.12.2012] Bug/To-Do List - Bugs -

hey, russian when is the re-launch? i cant wait to give it a 2nd try!

1) Archer combo doesn't belong in a lvl 70 server.
    2) Easy exp etc is all good, but you'll need something to keep the players busy.... running bowl 24/7 gets boring after couple of days and your server won't last much longer than a month again.

--> A possible solution to this:
    Add 2 or 3 hardcore lvls past 70 but keep the skills limited at lvl 70 (as in DON'T add lvl 72 skills). So basically what we would gain from this is 10-15 stat points and 4-6 skill points. It's not much, but some people will want that slight advantage over the rest.

Advantages:
    - Players who want to pk at lvl 70 can do so
    - players who still like to exp a bit more, or want a slight advantage over the rest can do so
    - If there are new players it will be easier for them to find an exp party (due to the 70's still exping)
    - Pk will be more spread out over cz - not only in bowl

Quote Originally Posted by simontjeuh View Post
    1) Archer combo doesn't belong in a lvl 70 server.
    2) Easy exp etc is all good, but you'll need something to keep the players busy.... running bowl 24/7 gets boring after couple of days and your server won't last much longer than a month again.

--> A possible solution to this:
    Add 2 or 3 hardcore lvls past 70 but keep the skills limited at lvl 70 (as in DON'T add lvl 72 skills). So basically what we would gain from this is 10-15 stat points and 4-6 skill points. It's not much, but some people will want that slight advantage over the rest.

Advantages:
    - Players who want to pk at lvl 70 can do so
    - players who still like to exp a bit more, or want a slight advantage over the rest can do so
    - If there are new players it will be easier for them to find an exp party (due to the 70's still exping)
    - Pk will be more spread out over cz - not only in bowl
    +1 Pretty nice idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Claus View Post
    few years.
    we are pretty much stuck with the current servers that have a high population and can run steadily with out crashing and what not, i just hope sometime that there will be a new farm myko server that is mostly english speaking and can sustain a nice population with out the crash's and shiiitttt.
    but hey i guesss im just speaking what everyone else has in mind.
    im drunk
    = 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    exactly.Might make it last longer.But eventually will fail again.Give it up Russian.KO community is the shittiest community in all gaming scene and they doesnt deserve your or anybodys hard work.That kids will always find something to whine about

Teh Rapist Senior Member TheRealCandyman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sakuran View Post
    exactly.Might make it last longer.But eventually will fail again.Give it up Russian.KO community is the shittiest community in all gaming scene and they doesnt deserve your or anybodys hard work.That kids will always find something to whine about
    so true, everyone always finds something or some reason to complain and rage quit, it's a shame what the community has turned out to be, it used to be a lot better back years ago, but unfortunately as much as we all want those days will never come back, these days everyone wants something more, and they won't be happy till they have it, unfortunately you can't make everyone happy at the same time.

LEJ
    Banned Senior Member

I dont understand why BDW will keep the population high?
    If your asking me,
    people want activity in CZ mainly.
    just grab some ideas to make cz more active
    im happy that u read my idea ( about the esland bosses in cz ) ,
    this will keep cz alive
    In my opinon, close esland, just no esland. simple , delete burning skele's in delos, put them in cz, hell put EVERYTHING in cz,
    if ur 70, 30 , 35 , 40 , EVERYONE has to be in CZ. if u get raided , simple, go to a new spot.
    this will encourage the solo pk , but also the party XP , no1 will solo xp , ppl will need full partys which eventually will happen

Quote Originally Posted by LEJ View Post
    I dont understand why BDW will keep the population high?
    If your asking me,
    people want activity in CZ mainly.
    just grab some ideas to make cz more active
    im happy that u read my idea ( about the esland bosses in cz ) ,
    this will keep cz alive
    In my opinon, close esland, just no esland. simple , delete burning skele's in delos, put them in cz, hell put EVERYTHING in cz,
    if ur 70, 30 , 35 , 40 , EVERYONE has to be in CZ. if u get raided , simple, go to a new spot.
    this will encourage the solo pk , but also the party XP , no1 will solo xp , ppl will need full partys which eventually will happen
    +1 for LEJ, ppl should always be on mora/cz/and some stuff for quest or buss

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast