Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Things i want to say about Open-Beta.

This is a discussion on Things i want to say about Open-Beta. within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by CroNe I hope they will add MP weapons.. that would really help with pot money! A MP ...
Page: 7

Quote Originally Posted by CroNe View Post
    I hope they will add MP weapons.. that would really help with pot money!
    A MP dagger makes alot of difference..
    i found a low ap mp dagger so there in game just fairly rare i think

Quote Originally Posted by josri View Post
    i got 2 gems frm 1-25.

i agree on part where armor def drops way to much
    Yeh, needs to be fixed, i dont mind everyone having dd 10 helmets but the dd 48 shields on every priest is kind of annoying for rogues

Quote Originally Posted by Kecso View Post
    rogues dont cry for MP absorb think bout mages at harpy aoe....i spent all my money to repot.....rogue si just leeching there..and i dont think he is using up SO much mp even at apos parties....warrior takes much more
    at start i was spamming pots! stealth drain my mana 50% hehe

xiahou_yuan

Quote Originally Posted by Zo_Zu View Post
    You should leave the drop rates of "rare" items as they are, if you dont like the dagger defense dont be a rogue!

If you like rogue too much than just deal with the DD, same as warriors do against the deweap, same as the mages with the Magic Shield. So just put a sock in it already.
    I'm sorry but this is the most ridiculous post I have ever seen.
    you DO know that dd takes away ALOT MORE then other defences like spear right?
    let's say a rogue spikes someone 800, with 25 DD he'll spike for 400 only, YES IT'S CUT IN HALF.
    as for spear defense, if warrior hits 800, with 20 spear def he'll still hit 650.
    so lol, and DD should be the rarest item ingame, anyone who says dd dropped alot in old times is clearly drunk or high.
    you know hox expensive those things were? a fp dd +6 helm costed as much as a md+7 in MYKO, and that's alot, cause +8 items were very rare there.
    as for things like spear defence they costed like a few mills only.

Quote Originally Posted by xiahou_yuan View Post
    let's say a rogue spikes someone 800, with 25 DD he'll spike for 400 only, YES IT'S CUT IN HALF.
    as for spear defense, if warrior hits 800, with 20 spear def he'll still hit 650.
    so lol, and DD should be the rarest item ingame, anyone who says dd dropped alot in old times is clearly drunk or high.
    you know hox expensive those things were? a fp dd +6 helm costed as much as a md+7 in MYKO, and that's alot, cause +8 items were very rare there.

Did you fail math in high school? Or are you not in high school yet?

How does 25 DD cut your spike dmg with 50%? You must be smoking something...

xiahou_yuan

lol my math doesn't suck I say you go test 25 dd and see for yourself.

*EDIT*
    and I don't mean paper dd, try get atleast half plate or plate then you'll see.

Caligula

Well there is a lot of good points, and I do agree with CroNe on a lot of them.
    -The kingship is kind of over rated, I do believe that the max should be 213m or something close to that.
    -There is a lot of spawns missing in Breth and Piana, but I do know that the GMs are very aware of this.
    -The drop rate is really low, and for those who said that they got a lot of Abyss Gems, I would say that's a load, because I spent 3 hours farming and never got even one.
    -DD drops should be rare, almost impossible; here's the reason why. Whenever someone has DD rogues drop at least 60% in their effectiveness, making them real crappy. They are the ones that feel this the most because look at the damage that daggers have, and then compare that with Raptors or II's...huge difference. That's why Spear Defense and all those are not soo bad, because it makes a small difference.
    -The xp is fine as it is right now. It's tough, but it's passable. If it could stay like this during live it would be great. Because you have to spend lots of times grinding, but then comes the farming... this would definitely take up a lot of time so it's fine as it is.

That's all that I can think of right now. It really is a great server, but what makes it different from all the private servers around is that you have to fight to get real good items, and struggle through it. If you want uniques and fully geared characters, fast lvling then you might as well play another private server. This one is the closest there is to old ko before everyone started quitting, and I like it that way personally.

Thanks,
    Wots

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Well there is a lot of good points, and I do agree with CroNe on a lot of them.
    -The kingship is kind of over rated, I do believe that the max should be 213m or something close to that.
    -There is a lot of spawns missing in Breth and Piana, but I do know that the GMs are very aware of this.
    -The drop rate is really low, and for those who said that they got a lot of Abyss Gems, I would say that's a load, because I spent 3 hours farming and never got even one.
    -DD drops should be rare, almost impossible; here's the reason why. Whenever someone has DD rogues drop at least 60% in their effectiveness, making them real crappy. They are the ones that feel this the most because look at the damage that daggers have, and then compare that with Raptors or II's...huge difference. That's why Spear Defense and all those are not soo bad, because it makes a small difference.
    -The xp is fine as it is right now. It's tough, but it's passable. If it could stay like this during live it would be great. Because you have to spend lots of times grinding, but then comes the farming... this would definitely take up a lot of time so it's fine as it is.

That's all that I can think of right now. It really is a great server, but what makes it different from all the private servers around is that you have to fight to get real good items, and struggle through it. If you want uniques and fully geared characters, fast lvling then you might as well play another private server. This one is the closest there is to old ko before everyone started quitting, and I like it that way personally.

Thanks,
    Wots
    Pretty much all my thoughts summed up and conveyed in a more elegant way than I would have ever managed.
    Also +1 to the abyss gems, I think I got 2 in about 2 hours (and got 2 noob pots from turning them in woot)
    Not sure how I feel about DD.
    I think it needs to drop less frequently, but not too hardcore.
    The way I see it sins are the easiest melee class to gear by far (almost every rogue on the server has MD's right now, maybe 1 or 2 warriors with a weapon with over 100ap) so it feels right that their should be a fair amount of DD to counter them.

My main worry at this point is that I don't really see warrior as a viable class unless you are high up in a really good clan.
    I ditched my warrior on the open beta because he was impossible to gear.. I spent as much time on my new rogue and I have 10x the gear, quite a few more levels, etc.
    I'd like to play warrior when official comes around but judging by open beta it's just too hard to exp and gear.

Hey cutie Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by crackurbak View Post
    I THINK THE BIGGEST PROBLEM is the drop rate of wepon defence armours. I mean rouges are going to be useless if every mage, warrior priest and rogue have DD armour. IN our clan almost EVERYONE has a piece.. its ridiicilous, the drop rate is so SOOO HIGH for wepon defences. And with itemss being so hard to farm as it is, rouges dmg would pretty much be annoying rather than deadly.

EDIT: This also goes to other weapon defences like sword defence and shit, it is WAY to easy to get.. i have like 4 pieces and i barely played for 2 days lol
    quoted for truth.

xiahou_yuan

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadHatter View Post
    Pretty much all my thoughts summed up and conveyed in a more elegant way than I would have ever managed.
    Also +1 to the abyss gems, I think I got 2 in about 2 hours (and got 2 noob pots from turning them in woot)
    Not sure how I feel about DD.
    I think it needs to drop less frequently, but not too hardcore.
    The way I see it sins are the easiest melee class to gear by far (almost every rogue on the server has MD's right now, maybe 1 or 2 warriors with a weapon with over 100ap) so it feels right that their should be a fair amount of DD to counter them.

My main worry at this point is that I don't really see warrior as a viable class unless you are high up in a really good clan.
    I ditched my warrior on the open beta because he was impossible to gear.. I spent as much time on my new rogue and I have 10x the gear, quite a few more levels, etc.
    I'd like to play warrior when official comes around but judging by open beta it's just too hard to exp and gear.

true, warriors are hard but it's worth it, they are the only ones who can tank bosses at low lvl's. They cost alot though because they use pots like crazy,and weapons are hard to find, I suggest making noob weapons like Bill drop a bit more, glave should stay hard.
    rogues are cheapest class atm,but their items are always the most expensive ones so it's kinda the same, rogues don't spend alot on pots but when they need an items it'll take all their money, + we need 2 daggers.

Leave the weapon defense droprate as it is.

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetYuber View Post
    Leave the weapon defense droprate as it is.
    That's not going to happen.

Why not? The droprate is the same as USKO/MYKO drop rate.

lopezik

Not for defence armors.

all +6 and +5 defence armors should be rare drop.
    Last edited by lopezik; 01-21-2010 at 12:57 AM.

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiahou_yuan View Post
    that has got to be the most idiotic shit ever. seems like 1/2 of the time you're making up your own stupid bs stories.

Weapon defense armor is already pretty rare already. FP DD/Spear defense drop less than MD/Glave.

Sergeant Senior Member AlwaysDown's Avatar

I'm not playing on this server but caligula has a point there. DD should be rare as hell or else almost everyone that is playing as an assasin is going to either switch their class or straight out quit this server. I remember when i was playing on sexyko2 (farm server it was similar to this one) dd wasn't rare at all the dropp rate was extreamly high all you had to do was farm beasts for 10mins and then you would find yourself a g3 dd helmet. Even though i was one of the highest leveled and one of the best geared rogue i would still hit people for shit. Assasin were pretty much the worst class all becuase of the dropp rate on dd. I say that you should lower the dropp rate of dd trust me i know what i'm talking about.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast