241. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

120 49.79%
  • No

121 50.21%
  • 0 0%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Clans

This is a discussion on Clans within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; ABSTRACT: If you make/join a clan, the one thing you must realize is that you carry the image of not ...
Page: 4

Banned

ABSTRACT:
    If you make/join a clan, the one thing you must realize is that you carry the image of not only yourself but the clan. A clan is only as good as the weakest member, If someone is lower level in the clan, dont leave them in the dust, help them! but another point to also remember is that a person may have his own agenda. This type of situation is very parallel to the Bolshevik Revolution in Russia in the 1900s. Although V.I. Lenin led the Bolsheviks to Create a communist based government, Each one of his appointed leaders wanted to lead the country in a different direction. Thats when stalin stepped in and actually led a united communist party to victory. You see this worked because under stalin, the USSR lasted for approximately 50 years. The same principle should be applied to a clan. Sometimes, You need to rule with an iron fist and unite the clan. The collective interest of the clan should be more important than the needs of individual members.

THESIS:

So based on what ive said, I feel that the best way to run a clan is not appeasement. Im sure youve all heard of the saying "You cant please everyone". The same applies for a clan. The important thing to make sure is everything has what they NEED, not what they WANT. Appeasement does not work because it only leads to the aggressor wanting more and more. A person may have a personal Agenda, but the important thing to realize is that it is personal. A clan should have a clearly outlined set of rules that a person must follow regardless of what they should follow. Look at world war II, Winston Churchhill tried to appease the germans by letting them have Poland and Czech. Hitler agreed that he would not invade past those two territories. But look at what he does, he turns around and BACKSTABS the USSR (USSR-nazi Non-agression pact signed by stalin himself). If you try to make a single clan member happy, He will turn greedy and backstab you one day when you dont give him what he needs. "Speak Softly, But Carry a Big stick"-Woodrow Wilson. That principle should be the basis of resolving all problems in a clan.

Banned

someone got mad :x[/b]
    i think someone did :lol:

hmm, good post. BUT, kinda hard for anyone from UK not to take this to heart...whether it was ment to be implied, or not. i agree completely on the communication...as it seems was the "problem"[/b]
    i didnt take it to heart and none of UK should cause its a game and also every persons right to have a differance of opinion

I readed most and its true about Forum also i would add Ventrilo , that keeps clan together.
    If leader solve the problem with clan bank(which is biggest problem in KO and many clans disbanded/died cuz it) , then he will have good clan which will split up at day when he disband it.[/b]
    agreed clan forums should be read daily for new RULES and vent is key having a working mic cause I for one dont look at chats often

the problem with the clanbank or ppl not agreeing with the award system in a clan, isnt the clanbank itself, its the greedyness of the ppl. If everyone actually cared about eachother in a clan, no one would ever be complaining about some1 else getting an item he wanted.[/b]
    this is also correct....peoples greed comes before the overall goals of clan thus people get upset and do things dishonestly

Still leader is able to control that ...[/b]
    up to a point this is true as well.....for example when we did have clan bank i had to make every decesion as to who gets what...ofc i did give items to the proper class but when you have 30+ memebers who can all benefit from it what do you do....you pick the top few canadates and then go by what you see them doing and how active they are.....in the end your hated either way or they think your favoring someone else....even now isiloon drops and boss events we still do clan bank for and its gutwrenching for me to pick who gets what and it does break my heart and make me feel guilty which in a game it should not but i do have a heart so it does.....i now have a system for this and it works for me better and if someone in clan doesnt like it they can leave

lol, democracy owned lutz[/b]
    it did but all he needed to do was read forums instead of being inactive for 4 months from game and forums to know what was going on in clan which was voted by all clan members.....rules are rules once they are in place and no one including me is a exception......we love lutz but not enough to break the rules

Lutz has a good point. Clans are often disappointing. There are times when I just don't like one of the people that someone has asked me to clan, and I grit my teeth and attempt civility to keep both parties happy...

The important part to remember is that really, folks, it's just pixels. It's just a game. It's supposed to be fun. If it's not fun because of the clan you're in--find another one.[/b]
    lutz has manny good points....clans are clans....your never going love everyone but when your handed lemons you make lemonade...not orang juice.....its a game and when you let one person or a few people ruin your fun you either need to quit or bite your teeth as you said tam and have fun with the people that do mak you happy and laugh

to sum it up anyone of lutz level and items should never need babying of for anyone to hold there hand in a game you choose to play online....if you need a coach go play a sport or hire one.....

the true ideal of a clan who has been around like us or tormentors is that everyone in clan is self sufficient and can provide on there own....whether it be farming or babashoping your gear....anyone who has played this game as long as everyone in my clan or above level 70 should not need any clan leader to guide them through

if you need to be babied then a clan like mine is not for that person......i would say if that is what you need then you need to be in a clan with lower levels and newer to the game

this is intended for all

thanks
    tez

p.s. its a good post but alot of misconstruded points and facts in it....it lacks a certain realism to a non real game

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

vote: who read tez's speech?

j/k :P[/b]

i did

Lemon

Nice idea, I am interested in your "market sanctuary of coalitive amity". I do think it contradicts itself in the sense that a coalition is only temporary which can cause problems with the sanctuary idea, especially in KO. Your ideas are however not the same as your defenition and I can see what you mean in your explanations. You are truly trying to define the perect clan environment.

In my experience of clans I can honestly say that I have never been in one as you describe and I don't think I ever will be. The closest I have been so far was Illuminati and towards the end, after the troubles, I would have said that for my own personal benefiet it was near perfect. This did mean we had a very introverted view on the game and friendships outside the clan were lost. This is the choice that must be made for your perfect clan to work.

By having a sanctuary you disconnect yourself not only from the outside worlds troubles but its benefiets also.

The perfect clan is not impossible. It does make the perfect server impossible but who cares because our server is beyond repair anyway.

About communication: Good communication can be accentuated by a small clan. This also makes boss drops easier and therefore harmony is maximised.

little_painter

i did read what tez wrote, is achually 1st time I see a small hit of intelligent life inside tez... somewhere(maybee he had a coatch help him write cause hee needs too rescue his immage of... nah)

lutz get off the hormones -.-!

Anyways I wanna "vent" about vent. Yes, vent helps and its sometimes fun to use but WTF is such a big deal about it. Its even a very strict requirement for some clans which annoys me. If you gotta have vent to pk well then ur noob... each priest should know who to debuff first and each melee should know which target to hit first I mean this game isnt that hard. :mellow:

Lemon

lutz get off the hormones -.-!
    Anyways I wanna "vent" about vent. Yes, vent helps and its sometimes fun to use but WTF is such a big deal about it. Its even a very strict requirement for some clans which annoys me. If you gotta have vent to pk well then ur noob... each priest should know who to debuff first and each melee should know which target to hit first I mean this game isnt that hard. :mellow:[/b]
    No it isn't hard but with vent it's easier.

urbanphoenix

very good

Banned

i did read what tez wrote, is achually 1st time I see a small hit of intelligent life inside tez... somewhere(maybee he had a coatch help him write cause hee needs too rescue his immage of... nah)[/b]
    noob u dont know me in real life in the board room <_< last time i was tested for my I.Q it was 161 so fuck off :lol:

"the true ideal of a clan who has been around like us or tormentors is that everyone in clan is self sufficient and can provide on there own....whether it be farming or babashoping your gear....anyone who has played this game as long as everyone in my clan or above level 70 should not need any clan leader to guide them through."

Quoted from tez, gay function stuff i don&#39;t understand didn&#39;t put it in such a frame, so this will have to do

I don&#39;t want to sound like a Jerk, but, why only mention UK&#39;s or Tormentors? Its not as if there arent other nice clans besides those 2.

I love my clan, its my home, I have fun, I xp, I farm, I enjoy talking to all the people through alliance chat... Im not lvl 70, i don&#39;t play ko as long as the peepz in your clan do and EVERYONE with a decent set of morals and ethics and ofcourse a set of fuctionning brains should manage to see what to do, at whatever situation, without the clan leader having to guide all ( talking about bossdrops beeing devided etc stuff ) ...

#if u noticed my posts getting edited a few times, i reread, and change stuff i think might offend peoples in some way, or give people the possibility to call me imature#

noob u dont know me in real life in the board room <_< last time i was tested for my I.Q it was 161 so fuck off :lol:[/b]
    QUOTE WORKED? HURRAY FOR ME!!!!!

less than 2% of the population is supposed to have an IQ over 140 if im not wrong ( could be 150 or 130 not to sure anymore)
    little side note: less than 2% of the population are supposed to have an IQ under 30 ( could be 40 or 50 here to, again, i forget my lessons from class so damn fast. )

Not saying u can&#39;t have 161, but if u infact do, ur one of the 1% or less pplz in this world

( that is if the IQ tests we have here in belgium applie to the entire world, and not just for this country )

Banned

"the true ideal of a clan who has been around like us or tormentors is that everyone in clan is self sufficient and can provide on there own....whether it be farming or babashoping your gear....anyone who has played this game as long as everyone in my clan or above level 70 should not need any clan leader to guide them through."

Quoted from tez, gay function stuff i don&#39;t understand didn&#39;t put it in such a frame, so this will have to do
    I don&#39;t want to sound like a Jerk, but, why only mention UK&#39;s or Tormentors? Its not asif there arent other nice clans besides those 2.

I love my clan, its my home, I have fun, I xp, I farm, I enjoy talking to all the people through alliance chat... Im not lvl 70, i don&#39;t play ko as long as the peepz in your clan do and EVERYONE with a decent set of morals and ethics and ofcourse a set of fuctionning brains should manage to see what to do, at whatever situation, without the clan leader having to guide all ( talking about bossdrops beeing devided etc stuff ) ...[/b]
    <_< i wasnt trying to insult any other clans but your not as big as us or tormentors nor have you guys been around as long....UK was created on October 3rd of 2005....i was merely saying clans like ours who are big dont need to hold anyones hand since our lowest levels in S clan are 72

your clan is awsome to as well as others but you dont have the #&#39;s as we do so its easier for you guys to work with each other since....with us its groups of friends when u have over 60 active players in 2 clans

also your clan doesnt have the levels so you going to have lower levels who need help of higher levels and clan leader....we dont have that....everyone in our clan should be able to do things on there own

thats what i meant

Banned

less than 2% of the population is supposed to have an IQ over 140 if im not wrong ( could be 150 or 130 not to sure anymore)
    little side note: less than 2% of the population are supposed to have an IQ under 30 ( could be 40 or 50 here to, again, i forget my lessons from class so damn fast. )

Not saying u can&#39;t have 161, but if u infact do, ur one of the 1% or less pplz in this world

( that is if the IQ tests we have here in belgium applie to the entire world, and not just for this country )[/b]
    well then i guess i am in the 1% but i dont know the statistics acutally as to who is above the 150+ mark

i am not saying i am a genious but i know i AINT stupid :lol

well then i guess i am in the 1% but i dont know the statistics acutally as to who is above the 150+ mark

i am not saying i am a genious but i know i AINT stupid :lol[/b]
    did you just edit the post with the genious aint stupid part? :lol:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast