Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

this is how bad k2 is...i filed a civil suit

This is a discussion on this is how bad k2 is...i filed a civil suit within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; How pissed would you be if you lost, and they decided fack you, Ban I.P...
Page: 4

the_man_slayer

How pissed would you be if you lost, and they decided fack you, Ban I.P

Banned

How pissed would you be if you lost, and they decided fack you, Ban I.P[/b]

actually if i lost i would love them to ip ban me cause then i can go back to the courts and win 100% for sure

that would be lovly

also i wouldnt pissed at all

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Rock kitty ftw

Banned

w00t w00t

tez hope you win and good luck

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

lol, the DA for Orange County (which happens to be my best friend's father) has dealt with these cases already.
    There's a clause in the code, I believe, where it states that "restriction from private access is legal and shall not infringe on any case in regards to loss of property."
    In addition, virtual property is (still) not considered protected by the law - only information is. K2's items are only integers, and these integers are shared by other users (as I'm sure you're not the only one with that gear) so if that information is shared by more than one user, then it is not considered property - it is considered either intellectual property of K2 or simply public domain.

But yeah, at least you're doing it.

gl man...

justAgame

Rock kitty ftw [/b]
    lol...gl tez!!

have you considered that all then need to do is check the ip log of the character, see how many people play the account and then just ban it?

u won&#39;t win >.<

give up while u still ahead :P
    ...or still have something elft >.<

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

have you considered that all then need to do is check the ip log of the character, see how many people play the account and then just ban it?[/b]
    IP addresses don&#39;t stand up for very long under any form of scrutiny... For example, just look at all the proxies banned from this forum... Changing your IP address is easy enough, they can&#39;t prove it was different players, just different IPs. Using VPN I can apparently jump all over the world and login within a matter of minutes. In fact my IP at the moment will tell you i&#39;m in Amsterdam, when i&#39;m sat quite comfortably in my office in London.

IP addresses don&#39;t stand up for very long under any form of scrutiny... For example, just look at all the proxies banned from this forum... Changing your IP address is easy enough, they can&#39;t prove it was different players, just different IPs. Using VPN I can apparently jump all over the world and login within a matter of minutes. In fact my IP at the moment will tell you i&#39;m in Amsterdam, when i&#39;m sat quite comfortably in my office in London.[/b]
    they banned F9Devil based on IP traces, i see no reason to believe they would think twice before doing the same to Tez

they banned F9Devil based on IP traces, i see no reason to believe they would think twice before doing the same to Tez[/b]
    Tez never said they WONT ban him he just said if they did he COULD sue them again and their only proof would be IP traces which as chuck norris explained isnt proof enough since IP&#39;s can be manipulated...

Dont think it will help much but sooner or later these things will need to be covered under some sort of Virtual Property law...

Till that happens good luck in your fight

eatshitndie

awesome how you&#39;re finally doing what everyone else just talks about, got my support

(no offense, but paddy..stfu ) :wub:

when people say you have their support, what they actually mean is they&#39;ll watch you do it, and if it all blows up and you get ip banned.... they&#39;ll laugh and not care.

Was i dreaming or do i not remember you making a &#39;I&#39;m no longer Aja&#39; post some time ago, just before it got hacked. I can&#39;t find that post anymore... dunno why

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast