Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

this is how bad k2 is...i filed a civil suit

This is a discussion on this is how bad k2 is...i filed a civil suit within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Again, Tez, just trying to help bud. They've covered their asses pretty nicely in this document. I think everyone should ...
Page: 9

Banned

Again, Tez, just trying to help bud. They've covered their asses pretty nicely in this document. I think everyone should take a look and read through it. The document is located at http://www.knightonlineworld.com/end_user_agreement.php

Good Luck[/b]
    i am not disagreeing with you about my warrior but that is not the account in question here...the account that is has only one ip on it.....so what then?

i filed for my mage account not my warrior...i claim nothing for the warrior....its the mage account that is in question which was only played by me......now my other mage account (i have 3) is shared by a friend but the mage account in questions is solely me so the gold i paid for it to seal my items with there advertising claiming "get gold secure your items from being taking off account" would in fact be false advertising cause mine were taken by a hacker and they did not fix the issue.....now i dont want my items back...i want my refund for gold

just wondering your thoughts on that

Banned

>.< yea flip . u dont share ur.. but im sure u have used other..

hmm yea i once logged on a warrior that wasnt mine , that&#39;s about it x_x

gutwrench

i am not disagreeing with you about my warrior but that is not the account in question here...the account that is has only one ip on it.....so what then?

i filed for my mage account not my warrior...i claim nothing for the warrior....its the mage account that is in question which was only played by me......now my other mage account (i have 3) is shared by a friend but the mage account in questions is solely me so the gold i paid for it to seal my items with there advertising claiming "get gold secure your items from being taking off account" would in fact be false advertising cause mine were taken by a hacker and they did not fix the issue.....now i dont want my items back...i want my refund for gold

just wondering your thoughts on that[/b]
    I apologize everyone. I know I said that my last post was going to be my final one in this topic but Tez has directed a question towards me and I have to give my feedback.

I need to quote again from the E.U.A.:

"(i) Related Accounts. If The Company terminates an Account, The Company may terminate any other Accounts that share the same member name, phone number, email address, postal address, Internet Protocol address, or credit card number with the terminated Account."

It doesn&#39;t matter if this character is your mage, your warrior, your priest, your nanny, your ninja, or your pirate... If they can link the mage that you say has only one i.p. to ANY of the accounts that is breaking the agreement, they can terminate ALL of your accounts and your argument is null and void. Then any people you traded accounts to or share with or ANYTHING get screwed. I&#39;m sure K2 has an i.p. tracker and can look up history.

As far as your items being sealed and false advertising on behalf of K2, you will also lose. Any evidence of other characters sharing accounts means that you share passwords which will then indemnify K2 on any account you have even breathed on. Also, I see some of the items that you lost were Bi-Frost items. Didn&#39;t you read their announcement that they wiped ALL Bi-Frost items at that time? Also, how can you prove that the items that were taken were not duped items that were wiped during maintenance? Even if you bought them in the marketplace, how do you know the guy you bought them from didn&#39;t dupe them? I&#39;m not trying to be a dick but K2 can hit you from all sides on this one (shared passwords, un-secure accounts, bi-frost items, etc etc etc). Duped item wipes or the Bi-Frost items were NOT SAFE just because they were locked using gold premium. I think the moderator posted that 100,000 Bi-frost items were wiped... I don&#39;t think you were the only one who lost items (I lost a shio tears that I bought from the marketplace).

I leave you with one final thing, the granddaddy of all indemnifications related to ANY items or in-game stuffs:

"6. SALES OF GAME ITEMS AND IN-GAME VIRTUAL MONEY

(a) Purchase of Game Items and In-game Virtual Money. The Company may offer to sell to you in the Game and on the Web Site, from time to time, virtual items that can be used in Knight Online (The "Game Item"). Also, The Company may offer to sell to you in the Game and on the Web Site, from time to time, in-game virtual money that can be used to purchase the Game Items in Knight Online (The &#39;Knight Cash&#39. If you select to purchase a Game Item or Knight Cash, you agree that you have understood how the Game Item and Knight Cash are used in the Game and are fully responsible for all the consequences related to the use or transfer of such Game Item and Knight Cash. You agree that any out-of-game transfer of Game Item and Knight Cash is not permitted. THE GAME ITEM AND THE KNIGHT CASH YOU HAVE PURCHASED IS NOT REFUNDABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES OR REASONS WHATSOEVER. You also agree that the Game Items and the Knight Cash you have purchased are properties of The Company, and what you obtained through the purchase is merely the right to use such Game Items and Knight Cash in the Game. The Company also reserves the right to not sell Game Items and Knight Cash to certain players."

You are RENTING items, you own NOTHING, the company can giveth or taketh away as they see fit. So just for sake of arguement, they decided to delete all items from the game just cuz... they could and no one could do anything. Sad but true.

I hope that helps you Tez and anyone else out there. Tez, I mean you no disrespect, I just have a law background (relatives and studies). Everyone, please don&#39;t take online games too seriously like that Chinese dude who just died doing a gaming marathon, or the Koreans who kill each other over virtual items, or the cafe wars in Turkey, or Americans who threaten suicide over WoW. IT ISN&#39;T WORTH IT!!!!!!

Banned

:P i win end of story! bump for tez!!

ps: is a turtle without it shell homeless ? or naked?

is a turtle without it shell homeless ? or naked?[/b]
    probly naked because his shell isnt his home

Banned

good answer... =( 1 - 1

soo.

if the girl u love and ur mom fall in teh water (titanic style) and u can only save one. who would u choose?

Banned

I hope that helps you Tez and anyone else out there. Tez, I mean you no disrespect, I just have a law background (relatives and studies). Everyone, please don&#39;t take online games too seriously like that Chinese dude who just died doing a gaming marathon, or the Koreans who kill each other over virtual items, or the cafe wars in Turkey, or Americans who threaten suicide over WoW. IT ISN&#39;T WORTH IT!!!!!![/b]

btw i dont take anything you say as offense or trying to be a dickhead...in fact i like the other side to this and also someone who can give me answers and debate both sides

now as far as the items being duped and maintance wiped them...when they were taken from the account there was no maintance so how can they be duped and wiped during maintance when there was none

also the bf items i can understand yes ok.....but the IN, ce, we completes+7, lycaon staff+7....what of those being unsealed by a hacker and taken from the account which had gold on it?

again just wondering your view on this

also you bring up alot of good points

ideally using me as a case against would not be good.....but lets say a guy who has only one account example john doe make a account called john doe and levels it himself never lets anyone log on and never buys anything from market or usd....he gets his drops from boss and upgrades all his armors from drops.....now he adds gold on the account to get the items sealed and a hacker comes along and takes it all....would that be false advertising if k2 did not replace them and would he be able to get a refund for his gold if k2 did not fix his issue?

what do you think of that

gutwrench

btw i dont take anything you say as offense or trying to be a dickhead...in fact i like the other side to this and also someone who can give me answers and debate both sides

now as far as the items being duped and maintance wiped them...when they were taken from the account there was no maintance so how can they be duped and wiped during maintance when there was none

also the bf items i can understand yes ok.....but the IN, ce, we completes+7, lycaon staff+7....what of those being unsealed by a hacker and taken from the account which had gold on it?

again just wondering your view on this

also you bring up alot of good points

ideally using me as a case against would not be good.....but lets say a guy who has only one account example john doe make a account called john doe and levels it himself never lets anyone log on and never buys anything from market or usd....he gets his drops from boss and upgrades all his armors from drops.....now he adds gold on the account to get the items sealed and a hacker comes along and takes it all....would that be false advertising if k2 did not replace them and would he be able to get a refund for his gold if k2 did not fix his issue?

what do you think of that[/b]
    There are many different angles that this can be looked at from. Does this person play with 3rd party tools and get a virus? Is it possible there is a keylogger on the computer that his/her kid accidentally got on the computer after visiting pr0n sites? Is this computer shared with his friends? As far as I know, hackers cannot unseal sealed items because they can only edit client-side information with hack tools so they would need the sealing password in order to unseal them server-side. Your account may have been legitimately hacked and I do not dispute this, but as far as blaming K2 and taking them to court, there are just too many variables that they can bring into play and these battles always favor the larger companies. To win, like I said in my first post, the case has to be air-tight and rock-solid and this case just isn&#39;t my friend.

gutwrench ur horribly mis-informed 100&#39;s of ppl jus got hacked by someone hacking the website

Banned

Some of the highlighted features include:

Free2Play™
    Free2Play™: All players have absolutely FREE access to all the current features of the game as well as future updates and expansion packages with no time limit.
    Pay2Play™
    For die-hard fans who wish to support Knight Online financially and are interested in enhanced game experience (e.g., higher hit rates, increased player abilities, access to special weapons, and many other benefits), we offer a variety of premium options.
    Global Popularity
    Knight Online is the critically acclaimed medieval fantasy adventure game with perpetual war servers operating with local language-support in China, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, and North America. Since its first introduction in Korea three years ago, Knight Online has been enjoyed by millions of players from over 80 countries.

=) p2login f2p
    as for die hard fan - "WHO WISH/HAVE TO support KO financially"
    global popularity -- 80% turkish player .. and no idea how many countries out of 80

"...for MMO gamers who want the world&#39;s most exciting, heart-pumping PvP events."

- Joshua Hong
    CEO

tah dah!! :P

gutwrench

gutwrench ur horribly mis-informed 100&#39;s of ppl jus got hacked by someone hacking the website[/b]
    And how do you know this? I see no announcement or hear from 100&#39;s of people being hacked through the website. I read something about GM accounts in the FORUMS sending PMs to people (which means moderators may have been compromised) but the forums have nothing to do with the game accounts or website accounts. If anyone sent their account information to the people sending the PMs that is their own fault because I read the PM and the english is straight out of the crazy engrish.com website almost. Why would GMs ask for your password? They can probably see it on their screen or get it from customer support.

Before you tell me I am "horribly mis-informed" back it up with evidence. There are too many rumors and people just wishing to stir up trouble. They LOVE the gossip. I am not defending K2 in any way, just don&#39;t go around saying 100&#39;s of people got hacked if you heard it from a lame hacker website or your brother&#39;s, friend&#39;s, girlfriend&#39;s, sister&#39;s, father-in-law&#39;s, septic tank cleaner.

You know what, never mind. Too many people are jaded by their hatred for K2 to see somethings clearly. Tez, I&#39;m glad you at least took some of my thoughts to heart and I wish you the best if you decide to go after them. Good luck and take care.

For everyone else, I will just go back to reading posts and not creating them. If you hate K2 and your pissed off at the service or whatever else, I have a novel idea for you... QUIT! No one is forcing you to play! Yes it is sometimes hard to logon if you don&#39;t have premium, I don&#39;t have premium and I get on just fine 6pm-midnight PST. I don&#39;t pay a cent for this game. I play pretty casually so if something happens, I&#39;ll just quit and go to another game. For now, I&#39;ll keep playing...

Gutwrench signing off...

morax

good answer... =( 1 - 1

soo.

if the girl u love and ur mom fall in teh water (titanic style) and u can only save one. who would u choose?[/b]
    The girl you love -

Reason: SEX

Precision

Go for the gold Tez, I respect what you are doing. I thought about it, but you are actually doing it, good for you man. It&#39;s the right thing to do, they are taking are money that we pay to play, wait pay to play? Kinda pay not to play if you ask me. Good luck man, hope you succeed. <333

HsK

No one cause i don&#39;t know how to swim xD

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast