Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

If you macro you can and will be banned or punished

This is a discussion on If you macro you can and will be banned or punished within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by SkyHunter As far as it taking a lot of skill out of playing sin, I don't know ...
Page: 17

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    As far as it taking a lot of skill out of playing sin, I don't know what more to do to convince you that minoring isn't "skillful" in sin anymore. The only situation this isn't true is if you're talking about 1v1s, but if you're talking about anything other than that, minor combo is not the most important. I'll prove my point with this video (watch the sin Pro); https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDexFxQaPb8
    I hope you don't mind me snipping down the quote SkyHunter?

In my mind, I would fire the macro for running around and attacking, so you have a heal always going with minor and after (X) value of MH's a soul pot is fired. Once I am safe I would then switch off. That makes the most sense to me, if you were going to macro in current KO with the details you and a few others have told me. Is the value still 60hp for a 100mp with you use Minor Heal?

Using that and HP pots when you need while attacking makes life much easier than the days when you needed two hands on the keyboard. Because I play guitar, I was able to switch hands and keep the steady rhythm going when I was running away and healing.

Sadly as you pointed out to me, Sin is a very different beast to what I enjoyed, so I am not 100% sure the above tactic is even valid? (If I am wrong, I would like to get yours and everyone else feedback on what is the right method with a current sin in party PK other than just CP+Spiking a tormented and parasited target)

Just realised, back when I was first getting "effective" ( I won't say good because I was just lucky with the right gear at the right time) I think MH was 100hp for 100mp. Which is why it was so fucking powerful for us to use then.
    l911l likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I've got two big back operations happening this summer, that should allow me to sit at my computer desk again with a big reduction in the pain I feel. Once I am able to sit for a long enough period, I think I will reactivate my level 83 sin and see if I am able to play KO again, as you've all made me really curious if an outdated player like me can find a way to make my approach work in your version of KO.
    Good luck and be well. There is nothing more important than health.
    Felix and l911l like this.

Sadly as you pointed out to me, Sin is a very different beast to what I enjoyed, so I am not 100% sure the above tactic is even valid? (If I am wrong, I would like to get yours and everyone else feedback on what is the right method with a current sin in party PK other than just CP+Spiking a tormented and parasited target)

Just realised, back when I was first getting "effective" ( I won't say good because I was just lucky with the right gear at the right time) I think MH was 100hp for 100mp. Which is why it was so fucking powerful for us to use then.

well it can be played both ways like u could noticed it in the movie sky posted above. You can either go all in like pro and keep dying 8 times in a 2mins short movie or else you can play like funky (supporting + attacking fully duffed person when it's necessary). As for the MH it was always 60hp for 100mp unless you use CP then it can be doubled
    Felix likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by regiss View Post
    Good luck and be well. There is nothing more important than health.
    Thank to you and Snipes for saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by tobol View Post
    well it can be played both ways like u could noticed it in the movie sky posted above. You can either go all in like pro and keep dying 8 times in a 2mins short movie or else you can play like funky (supporting + attacking fully duffed person when it's necessary). As for the MH it was always 60hp for 100mp unless you use CP then it can be doubled
    I remember the bad old days when a sin/archer was nothing more than a swift bitch at harpies is Eslant or like my first clan, swifting mages in the dungeons under CSW.

What are the current bosses like? I remember when sins and archers were finally able to tank talos and TK , the warriors were just pissed that we were able to do boss runs so quickly. I tanked Felankor a few times, mainly for the long cape quest and once during an event where the GM spawned tons of Bosses over CZ.

I am so sure it was an equal amount of MP for HP with minor heal back in KO/KE days? I swear it got changed when the 80 cap happened?

Thank to you and Snipes for saying that.

I remember the bad old days when a sin/archer was nothing more than a swift bitch at harpies is Eslant or like my first clan, swifting mages in the dungeons under CSW.

What are the current bosses like? I remember when sins and archers were finally able to tank talos and TK , the warriors were just pissed that we were able to do boss runs so quickly. I tanked Felankor a few times, mainly for the long cape quest and once during an event where the GM spawned tons of Bosses over CZ.

I am so sure it was an equal amount of MP for HP with minor heal back in KO/KE days? I swear it got changed when the 80 cap happened?
    As someone who consistently plays servers using the old version client(MYKO/KE v.1298), I can guarantee you it was always 60 HP.

Edit: RIP.
    Last edited by Kallop; 02-23-2018 at 08:36 PM.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    As someone who consistently plays servers using the old version client(MYKO/KE v.1298), I can guarantee you it was always 60 MP.
    You mean 60 hp? because minor takes 100 MP.

As someone who consistently plays servers using the old version client(MYKO/KE v.1298), I can guarantee you it was always 60 MP.
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post

I swear it was a 60mp for 60hp back in the earlier builds, then they moved the mp consumption up to 100mp for every 60hp restored. I hope I am not suffering some Mandela effect right now over KO! Because if it was a 60/60 heal rate, you could hit around 2000 hp restored per one hp pot and spamming minorheal. You would then skip the hp pot and soul pot, then it's back to hp pot, all while minorheal is going off. I think this is main reason it got changed to the 60/100 ratio and then the small cooldown as well?

I tried watching some old footage I uploaded, but I use to record in 360p or 480p back in the early days of Youtube.

I swear it was a 60mp for 60hp back in the earlier builds, then they moved the mp consumption up to 100mp for every 60hp restored. I hope I am not suffering some Mandela effect right now over KO! Because if it was a 60/60 heal rate, you could hit around 2000 hp restored per one hp pot and spamming minorheal. You would then skip the hp pot and soul pot, then it's back to hp pot, all while minorheal is going off. I think this is main reason it got changed to the 60/100 ratio and then the small cooldown as well?

I tried watching some old footage I uploaded, but I use to record in 360p or 480p back in the early days of Youtube.
    i kinda remember as well that minor used to take 60mana back then or was it 100hp/100mana?
    Felix likes this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69jR__Evgpc

Pause at 0:47.

Video was 12 years ago.

It was 60 HP / 100 MP(SP).
    Felix likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by erdo1990 View Post
    i kinda remember as well that minor used to take 60mana back then or was it 100hp/100mana?
    Well that's one mystery solved.

Maybe one reason why MH felt so powerful back then was our HP stats were so much lower than what you guys have today.
    erdo1990 and l911l like this.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Too tired trying to plan my travels lmao.

Well that's one mystery solved.

Maybe one reason why MH felt so powerful back then was our HP stats were so much lower than what you guys have today.
    People also didn't know how to actually combo.

Too tired trying to plan my travels lmao.

People also didn't know how to actually combo.
    You have to remember that there was talk on the official forums making comboing a bannable offence during the early days. One reason Blood did so well was they learnt to do comboing in MYKO before they moved to USKO when Diez was launched. It took me about 18 months to get my sin to level 70 and geared up.

Skyhunter has been showing me some clips of him and his buddies pking and it really got me hyped up. I can't PvP in any other game because PK in KO is that perfect balance, of skill and utter fucking chaos.
    l911l likes this.

You have to remember that there was talk on the official forums making comboing a bannable offence during the early days. One reason Blood did so well was they learnt to do comboing in MYKO before they moved to USKO when Diez was launched. It took me about 18 months to get my sin to level 70 and geared up.

Skyhunter has been showing me some clips of him and his buddies pking and it really got me hyped up. I can't PvP in any other game because PK in KO is that perfect balance, of skill and utter fucking chaos.
    The best thing about KO PvP is the chaos. The only other games with similar chaos are all these friggin Battle Royale games.
    Felix and l911l like this.

Skyhunter and I started talking about WoW PvP. I was never any good at the arena, but I did like the bigger wars where you got control of an area, where you could buy/exchange stuff for better PvP stated gear. The was a big Ice map that you would fight over twice a day. These big wars are the closest I got to PvP outside KO.

My own history comes from being in a very successful FPS Squad, who a few members found KO. I had a go, didn't like it much then a few months later I started the painful grind up as basically a mage clan swift bitch. It's why I had/have such a strong hatred for mages in CZ. All those fucking hours spent just swifting and not learning fuck all about the game. Then our leader was never logging on, so we rebuilt the clan using the old name and I got kicked out. Hence I did OutKasteD. We had played in Delta Force Black Hawk Down , Task Force Dagger and Joint Ops Typhoon for 3 years. There you could have a 75 v 75, but still it didn't have the skill and cut throat nature of KO.

I play Final Fantasy 14 these days and I am just a chatty casual in a really lovely Free Company, I do raids and dungeons, as well as daily quests. It's fun, not stressful and I've never spent anything on items or Gill (GB's). People who knew me in KO were stunned that I totally gave up on PvP after years of living for it in KO.

Skyhunter and I started talking about WoW PvP. I was never any good at the arena, but I did like the bigger wars where you got control of an area, where you could buy/exchange stuff for better PvP stated gear. The was a big Ice map that you would fight over twice a day. These big wars are the closest I got to PvP outside KO.
    High MMR arena in WoW is more intense/complex than KO PVP by a long shot, if you like to compete I'd highly recommend it. Actually playing KO right now because I just want to steamroll people high as fuck without having to think.
    The nuance complexities you talk about in KO are pretty much dead, obviously playing your own character as well as possible makes a difference in how well your team as a whole is going to do but, in party pk the 2 biggest factors now are team composition and gear, which you have minimal control over.