Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Is KO as fun as it was when it came out?

This is a discussion on Is KO as fun as it was when it came out? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; the only shit that ruined the game in my opinion is the increasing number of servers.........usually we had at least ...
Page: 2

Where the time goes fast, but everything is slow

the only shit that ruined the game in my opinion is the increasing number of servers.........usually we had at least 200+ ppl of each nation on cz........now we have hmmmm 20 at rush hour?
    there is no chance to make a good pk..........only way to have a good laught is use fire talia and start killing ppl inside of their base.

Misanthrope

you all have touched a little on some things that have ruined it somewhat - but missed the mark on the biggest thing, next to compounding -- it's the new Eslant with it's new mobs and exp spots/quests and shit.

there is simply no driver to go EXP in CZ anymore and without exp parties all over CZ - then meh, it's just gangbangs and 1v1 as stated before. Before the new CZ/Eslant the EXP risk/reward ratio was higher, and the CZ spots were so good that who wouldn't risk being raided for some two man apos, party trolls, etc ... what about farming beasts (I think it was beasts??) for BUS?? who didn't go there to see if they could catch a lvl 40 farming for BUS??? The old Eslant didn't have that many good exp spots at all, and certainly not as fast/good as party exp trolls in cz or two/three man apos, harpy etc ...

most fun KO experience for me was when I played on MYKO (Odin mostly) - long before all the duping and stuff, and while the server population was a 1/100th of any current USKO server 1 - the CZ parties were way easier to find, there was always someone exp'ing and hence pk'ing in CZ.

now everyone gogoogg exp to 59 and stops for DCZ -- or gogoogogo Eslant where they never come out until 75+. zzzz

compounding really did take the casual player out of it, and added too much babashopping. before that you could be lvl 62 and with your basic +0 uniques you could pk and do pretty well if you had good skill - 70's outlvl'd you but the gear wasn't that different. hence there would be WAY WAY WAY WAY more people that were willing to go to CZ because they weren't outlvl'd AND out geared so badly that they weren't competitive.

Tristan

No.

rasta

I've been playing since fall 2005 and I don't find it same funny to play .K2 still sucks ass ,competition is about numbers of sharers and your paypal. Game itself looks like manga shit or sth like that.[/b]

1. Compounding ruined it
    2. Rebirthing ruined it.
    3. ROFD made it too easy to lvl... 0-80 now is too easy, 0-70 back then was hard.
    4. ROFD removed the competition
    5. ROFD removed pk skills.

So overall no its not as fun as it was back in the old days.[/b]
    Lol 0-60 was hard for me ....i remember it was so fun, at lvl 57 to go to CZ and be able to pk...and also if you were only like lvl 62 with masters then you could be like really good(especially priest)...i miss those days....!!! :angry: :angry:

StoneColdAngel

Old times definatly have benn better. Like when I had my first priest at lvl 54 with Chitin +6/+7 Set and +6/+7 HP Jewels and you could rock CZ with your party. Really good old days. Nowadys, without atleast uniques +0 and +8 Armor and a Uniques shield at high + you re nothing anymore. You can be the most skilled player but you won't be any good. Nowadys its Items > Skill.

And yeah ever since poeple quit expeing in CZ, pk gone to hell. All those lovely memories of raiding Apos/Deru/Trolls/Cardinals/DM/Glyptodont/Harpy. It was like, you go out of base head right towars Glyptondont, then to the beast spot, followed by the Harpy spots and later on golems and DM. THe battle was more spread and there were more ppl. Now its just running from OB to HB or viceversa, maybe agangbang in bowl but thats it mostly.

Atleast in Ardream you can feel this old pk spirit a bit. A big map where ppl go all opver it and wherever you go you find some1 to fight, atleast at turk primetimes.

As said before, without USD you are nothing these days, you can't catch up to others without it. Compounding uniques was the worst ever could happen. The rest is fine imo. Raising lvl cap to 80 was mecessary, otherwise by now there would be only lvl 70 chars and who would playa game where you and thousands of other people reached the max and all you can do is pk a lil.

So yeah to sum it up. Old days were the best, but the way things developed had to happen to keep this game interisting to all players. Same for new servers, without them there wouldn't be that many new players daily joining KO.

aaslund

whats really fu#ked it up.. was the uniqes-- people with +3 uniqes. and now everyone pk with a mage so the mage can tp u away before u die.. make all jewlery +0 again and disable tp when ur less than 50% healt ????

they just have to give some money or something to everyone that have more than +0 jewlery for a compansation.. and make the onces they have +0 insted. just an idea to make the game fun again

ILoveBeingAPrincess

no, because uniques aren't unique anymore every1 has them +1/2/3

StoneColdAngel

whats really fu#ked it up.. was the uniqes-- people with +3 uniqes. and now everyone pk with a mage so the mage can tp u away before u die.. make all jewlery +0 again and disable tp when ur less than 50% healt ????
    they just have to give some money or something to everyone that have more than +0 jewlery for a compansation.. and make the onces they have +0 insted. just an idea to make the game fun again[/b]
    They can't do this. This would cause many ppl to go to court, cuz they invested $$ in thier +1's / +2's.

No. Ill tell you its all because of how serious its become.. before people played this to have fun and shit.. ot its all about money and being the best to then get more money.. this game is only good to play when your a couple bucks short for something...

Papps

Ko isn't as fun as it use to be, a big reason as most of you stated: Theres no fight in the begining to get weapons cuz of all the quests n shit. Back in Manes you have to farm harpies forever to get a md and hope you can get it to atleast+5, if you had 900 ap within the first week you would rock most of the ppl there, Now with the quests you get md+3 n shits like that. Plus the MSS makes it so theres more cleavers+5 pooling out into the community. You use to have to really work for the smallest things, now 1/2 are given to you for killin little shits. But the game is still good if you have cool ppl to play it with n shit, always has been and always will. Bai

the days where noobies were running with stilettos +8 and swordbreaker
    thought i was uber pro :lol: j/k

Ancient noob Senior Member

everyone pk with a mage so the mage can tp u away before u die[/b]
    i played from '04 to '06. people were using mages for that shit all the time while i played. it was no problem though because most people had their mages in the same stupid "hiding" spots almost all the time, so it was easy to hunt down the mage, Torment the mage and the priest that would occasionally be with the mage, then rape them. :lol:

i also only had +0 uniques while other players were running with +1's and +2's, but it wasn't too hard to use lure parties to certain areas in CZ that would divide parties, so i could kill them. one of my favorite spots was using the ruins near human base that look like they were a temple or some shit.

Banned

Bah...KO is better than before because of graphics, new items, events (ED, BDW) and because there are more players..
    I don't get why people say "No, defoo not" and stuff like that when they began to play like a year ago.......And what's the deal if you prefer old KO and hate sharers option just shut up and go play private servers with MYKO version....

Sorry Psy, I don't wanna bring flame here, but you know like me there was over fifty topics like that (Since I'm registered) and you already know what is going to be the answer of everyone...

Personnally, I prefer the way it is right now. Except hacks and dupes, in my opinion, everything seems ok in game.

Banned

borders for 60+ , montain for 70+ deal some fun

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast