Page 7 of 72 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

KO players for Obama

This is a discussion on KO players for Obama within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; I don't base my decisions on Political Parties. The way I see it is that I don't understand why you ...
Page: 7

Banned

I don't base my decisions on Political Parties. The way I see it is that I don't understand why you would want to run for the President of the US and not do every possible thing to represent your country, and yes I do mean being Patriotic. To me if you want to hold the highest office in the land and don't show your support for the US in every way possible then you don't deserve to run for it.[/b]
    You're very close minded, there are many different ways to be patriotic. Obama wants to show a better image of the US to the world then what it currently is (which he said in the 1st debate), to me, that is patriotic.

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

I don't base my decisions on Political Parties. The way I see it is that I don't understand why you would want to run for the President of the US and not do every possible thing to represent your country, and yes I do mean being Patriotic. To me if you want to hold the highest office in the land and don't show your support for the US in every way possible then you don't deserve to run for it.[/b]
    I don't say the Pledge, or my states Pledge, because they both have "under god" in them. Does that make me less patriotic?

Banned

You're very close minded, there are many different ways to be patriotic. Obama wants to show a better image of the US to the world then what it currently is (which he said in the 1st debate), to me, that is patriotic.[/b]
    I am not closed minded at all. I give everyone a chance and hear all opinions, but I hold fast to great American traditions such as standing for the Pledge of Allegiance, or Putting your hand over your heart for the National Anthem. I don't see that Barack and I don't see how he shows us his patriotism.

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

I hold fast to the right of freedom of expression, and that I'm allowed to NOT stand for the pledge, and don't have to say it, because I don't agree with a certain part of it. I'm celebrating one of my freedoms as an American every time I don't stand/say the pledge. Anthem is different, I'll say that and put my hand on my heart.

John McCain is 72, the life expectancy in the USA is 77. If he was a spritely guy like Vladimir Putin then maybe he could last to his 90's, but since he will exceed expectancy sometime in a possible 2nd term, there is a very real chance of Palin being president, far higher than with most VPs. As such it would be foolish to cast a republican vote without considering the possibility. Yes, I prevail.[/b]
    John McCain has a 24.4% chance of dying in his 2nd term. In his first term I believe it was less then 7%. So unless he gets reelected again Sarah Palin won't be president. No you don't prevail (Maybe on Googling).

Banned

I don't say the Pledge, or my states Pledge, because they both have "under god" in them. Does that make me less patriotic?[/b]
    @ para: Yes it does to me. Our nation was founded on the basis of God. Although we may have freedom of religion I don't think that not standing for the pledge or anything else should be stopped just because you don't like that it says under God. Like I said before, the US was founded on the Basis the God was the creator of all living things and I believe that is true, thats why his name is on the Dollar bill and his name is said in the Pledge.

cama2

@ para: Yes it does to me. Our nation was founded on the basis of God. Although we may have freedom of religion I don't think that not standing for the pledge or anything else should be stopped just because you don't like that it says under God. Like I said before, the US was founded on the Basis the God was the creator of all living things and I believe that is true, thats why his name is on the Dollar bill and his name is said in the Pledge.[/b]
    actually our nation was founded on the basis of getting away from religious control freaks, such as the kind u urself are portraying urself as

if u want to condem a person for not agreeing with ur relgious views then by all means LEAVE THIS COUNTRY because u are the exact reason this country was made to avoid

actually our nation was founded on the basis of getting away from religious control freaks, such as the kind u urself are portraying urself as

if u want to condem a person for not agreeing with ur relgious views then by all means LEAVE THIS COUNTRY because u are the exact reason this country was made to avoid[/b]
    Actually you are an idiot. Our forefathers broke away from Britain because of their persecution of Christians. So actually this nation is based on Christianity and Christianity is based on God so therefor our country is based on God.

Banned

I am not closed minded at all. I give everyone a chance and hear all opinions, but I hold fast to great American traditions such as standing for the Pledge of Allegiance, or Putting your hand over your heart for the National Anthem. I don't see that Barack and I don't see how he shows us his patriotism.
    @ para: Yes it does to me. Our nation was founded on the basis of God. Although we may have freedom of religion I don't think that not standing for the pledge or anything else should be stopped just because you don't like that it says under God. Like I said before, the US was founded on the Basis the God was the creator of all living things and I believe that is true, thats why his name is on the Dollar bill and his name is said in the Pledge.[/b]
    If the country was founded on the "Basis of God" then why would our forefathers have "freedom of religion" in the Bill of Rights for?

You talk like you know God personally, no one knows God. God's reveals himself to us through our daily experiences of life. People like you are the reason why people think God is some old man controlling our life like a puppet master with strings dangling from the clouds.

cama2

Actually you are an idiot. Our forefathers broke away from England because of their persecution of Christians. So actually this nation is based on Christianity and Christianity is based on God so therefor our country is based on God.[/b]
    u realize christianity wasnt the popular religion in the early colonizations of america, right?

Psy

Idiots. I'm surrounded by fleshy idiots.

It was a form of Christianity. Most likely Protestants.

I have to be honest i wouldnt vote for either. Plus I talk to half the people i know and they're only voting for Obama because he is black. h34r:

Banned

Actually you are an idiot. Our forefathers broke away from Britain because of their persecution of Christians. So actually this nation is based on Christianity and Christianity is based on God so therefor our country is based on God.[/b]
    Catholic Kings were prosecuting Protestants....both groups believe in God and derive from Christianity.

Banned

if u want to condem a person for not agreeing with ur relgious views then by all means LEAVE THIS COUNTRY because u are the exact reason this country was made to avoid[/b]
    I am not forcing my religion on anyone. Yes we have the freedom of religion but our forefathers based and wrote the constitution with a Godly based mind. The point I'm trying to get across to you is that patriotism is a very important quality in a candidate for Presidency to me, which is my opinion and some of you may disagree which is completely ok with me. Also I have no problem whatsoever with freedom of religion.

Page 7 of 72 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast