Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Somebody dropped a brick on Bush head again ?

This is a discussion on Somebody dropped a brick on Bush head again ? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; yes your right man go vote for obama he's your only chance have fun paying 50 % taxes[/b] You're assuming ...
Page: 4

Psy

yes your right man go vote for obama he's your only chance have fun paying 50 % taxes[/b]
    You're assuming he makes more than 200,000 a year. Think of all the republicans, for the most part they're well off. I'm a Ron Paul fan myself, but anti-Bush isn't anti-Republican.

Banned

I read everything everyone says in this topic. Kinda never do that anymore but this topic is really interesting. Keep it up.

Sorry to go off-topic again but someone brought up the election. I want a war monger.. People say Mc'cain is one. I vote Mc'cain because i will be going into the U.S. Army. Do not need a pussy president.

Banned

I never said the Cyprus problem was Turkey's fault. But there is still tension there (the youtube ban was because of anti-greek comments). The government in Turkey are so desperate to stop the anti-greek sentiments that they will censor it, which is not a very European thing to do. I think that dealing with the problem is better than covering it up.

I have read a fair bit about Ataturk, and he was a good man. But i feel that he would not be totally happy with modern day Turkey. Some of the values of Kemalism are being eroded. In some ways there are a lot of parallels between Turkey and the USA. Both were founded by enlightened, intelligent liberals who condoned secular values, freedom, tolerance and education. However over time, religious elements have crept back into governance and there has been a surge of zealous nationalism in both countries, which is quite vulgar to most Europeans.

I mean, i was surprised at just how many Turks were fond of the Ottoman empire, whose values Ataturk opposed. It seems like a contradiction. It would be like the modern French being fond of Louis XVI, which is silly. The French are maybe the truest liberal republicans since they still embrace the same values they fought for over 200 years ago.[/b]
    Surge of Nationalism in the United States? Are you kidding? Most Americans hate their own country. Active nationalism exist in every country, not just United States and Turkey. You still have retarded Europeans killing each other at football stadium. Why? Prosperity? Nope, nationalism. United States is considered "vulgar" to the Europeans because of nationalism.
    Turkey shouldn't join EU because the entire country is run by retarded extremist Muslims.

sime217

Surge of Nationalism in the United States? Are you kidding? Most Americans hate their own country. Active nationalism exist in every country, not just United States and Turkey. You still have retarded Europeans killing each other at football stadium. Why? Prosperity? Nope, nationalism. United States is considered "vulgar" to the Europeans because of nationalism.
    Turkey shouldn't join EU because the entire country is run by retarded extremist Muslims.[/b]
    They don't 'kill' each other because of nationalism, they kill each other because of the pride it brings. The most violent soccer matches are in Brazil, and thats in regards to clubs, not national teams. Brazilians fight each other, because they are competitive and want they're team to win, just like any supporters in any other sport. It's not that they're being nationalistic. Same deal with national teams, they are just competitive. And by the way, violence in national soccer matches is VERY uncommon.

my 2 cents

turkey should not join because for turkey it would be a short term profit but on long term a lost

how is the eu doing? crappy if u ask me
    moore ppl getting into depts moore ppls searching for work

turkey is a growing economy i would say just keep what we have now
    just on trading we can benefit from both sides

and also if england wanna have his share in the EU i would say why NOT using the euro
    and some other things they didnt excepted from the eu

england wants to be in but also watch from the side line

i would rather see turkey to coop with china then turkey joining the eu

the religious part off turkey isnt ready is bullshit
    how many muslims already live in west europe? mosqs are already here.

my family comes from the west off turkey and they dont have it bad, where i come from the ppl can do the things that we also have in west europe they have the same luxory and stuff.

and saying turkey isnt ready because off religion is a excuse, EU doesnt want turkey in it thats a fact but they all want to work together with turkey for there own gain exporting/ importing stuff

banaanc

I read everything everyone says in this topic. Kinda never do that anymore but this topic is really interesting. Keep it up.
    Sorry to go off-topic again but someone brought up the election. I want a war monger.. People say Mc'cain is one. I vote Mc'cain because i will be going into the U.S. Army. Do not need a pussy president.[/b]
    if you want to get shot theres easier ways to do that. :P

Well the border is there for a reson.

Turkey joining EU will just get us more problems, the western life style is still to much for them. (not for all tho )

I think that Turkey will be ready to join us when they wont force they wifes and children to were burkas.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Give babaland 50 more years of internetz and macdonalds. Then maybe. No wai now.

Dont give a shit about how strong economics they have, look at Dubai even. Point is that turkey doesnt see the world as we do. Blame the islam backround.

Give babaland 50 more years of internetz and macdonalds. Then maybe. No wai now.

Dont give a shit about how strong economics they have, look at Dubai even. Point is that turkey doesnt see the world as we do. Blame the islam backround.[/b]
    we already got internet cafes and mcdonalds a lot believe me :P

why blame the islam background?
    if u compare turkey with most islamic countrys u will see a difference
    turkey isnt that religic compared to other islamic countries

Arthurios

I said it a couple of times before, Islam doesnt matter in Turkey , almost everyone whants to be secular. Islam comes at number 2 for the most people. People shouldnt argue about this if they dont know everything or never been to Turkey.

banaanc

I said it a couple of times before, Islam doesnt matter in Turkey , almost everyone whants to be secular. Islam comes at number 2 for the most people. People shouldnt argue about this if they dont know everything or never been to Turkey.[/b]
    Islam was, is and will be a serious argument why Turkey shouldnt join EU

and EU can afford for 70mil country to flood our job market

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

we already got internet cafes and mcdonalds a lot believe me :P

why blame the islam background?
    if u compare turkey with most islamic countrys u will see a difference
    turkey isnt that religic compared to other islamic countries[/b]
    I know all that.

I said MORE exp. I mean let them get used to what western world is like. And i said islamic BACKROUND, i didnt mean a "offical" religion or whatever. I mean that babalands way of life, mentality, habbits, point of view, and 3-4 long words i duno how to spell correctly is "islamic". U cant expect 5 years of net-coffee domination to overthrow hundreds of years (1k+ actually) fixed social markers.

Pino

imo turkey can only be in the eu if their economics are at the same level of the average country's in the eu.
    and a big thing when they come over to other country's they should accept their culture and live like that way.
    if you go for example to another school you have to go with their rules. so if turks come here, and want to live here they should accept the rules, not like it was in turkey like this so im doing the same here. im not saying all the turks doing this but i get annoyed when i see it.

edit: i find this topic pretty interesting

imo turkey can only be in the eu if their economics are at the same level of the average country's in the eu.
    and a big thing when they come over to other country's they should accept their culture and live like that way.
    if you go for example to another school you have to go with their rules. so if turks come here, and want to live here they should accept the rules, not like it was in turkey like this so im doing the same here. im not saying all the turks doing this but i get annoyed when i see it.

edit: i find this topic pretty interesting[/b]
    what u see in west europe atm is what west europe created, they needed workers poor ppl usualy from the middle and east off turkey came to europe for a new begin

u cant compare 1st and 2nd generation with the 3th
    turks off the 3th generation are real different in how they offcourse there are still bad ones
    that dont addept but overall its better now

u can talk with them have fun go out have a drink and all the stuff

Arthurios

thats true, for example me and levo, the 3th generation is very adapted and western. thats also in turkey atm, people from 15/35 years old etc.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast