Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

COD4 vs HALO 3

This is a discussion on COD4 vs HALO 3 within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; halo way better coz if u dont see the person they shot you u turn around and rape them LOl ...
Page: 4

Rooki3

halo way better coz if u dont see the person they shot you u turn around and rape them LOl cod 4 sucks halo way better because its alot harder 2 play ur aimer has to be on target no like cod spary and u get kill halo 3 MLG is so much more team work then cod 4
    watch some mlg u here them call out etc
    Halo 1 > HALO 3 > All

TakingBack

In Halo if I die its cool.
    In COD I break my controller O.o

HALO FTW

Bib Senior Member

Depends if you like realistic or not. like people have posted.

if you like realistic games play COD

both games involve skills, it all comes down to aiming with snipers imo.

Tap0ut

halo 3 all the way!!!! it takes skills.

Fear the White Rabbit!!! Senior Member konioko's Avatar

Jeez there are so many Halo 3 fanboys here. Can anyone explain to me how Halo takes more skill than COD in multiplayer?

I mean there's almost no strategy involved in halo because even if you don't get the first jump on someone you still can turn around and have a chance at killing that person or possibly getting away. Not to mention that aiming is about 10x easier in Halo.

In COD yes you can spray and maybe if you're lucky get 1 kill but since you'll show up on the radar you will be rocked the second anyone finds you. You have to use strategy to get the advantage over your opponent and hit them before they even know what happened.

I don't get it but we all have our opinions.

Tap0ut

who ever says halo doesnt takes skills are jokes.

Fear the White Rabbit!!! Senior Member konioko's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tap0ut View Post
    who ever says halo doesnt takes skills are jokes.
    I never said that Halo didn't take skill i just fail to see how it takes more skill than COD.

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

call of duty takes MAD fucking skill

yea u can go all jack ass and spray n pray but u will get more DEATHS than kills...

call of duty all guns have their perks and not everything goes to plan like u hope.

i guess i like the realistic feel and that im not scarface that can take a full fucking clip and just laugh

Tap0ut

lol...as you can see, halo have soldiers and aliens, so yes they can take the whole clips, thats the point and the concept of the game. COD are all humans, thats why they can die so fast ( realistic ), but you cant compare a game where 1 base on humans in wars and 1 base on scifi....

Dustin

After reading this entire topic so far, I can see why people would think halo 3 > COD 4 or COD4 > halo 3.

I for one believe that both game requires a lot of skill to be "Good" (whatever the hell that means).
    Lets talk about the FPS play style of each game. In Halo, the regenerative armor on each player allows them to survive getting shot from behind and still be able to turn around and possibly kill the other player in a gunfight if the player is skilled enough to remain calm and blow the crap out of the dude. The armor does seem noobish and unrealistic because people aren't suppose to live that long and there is a chance others will kill steal you anyway but the game is based on future technology or alien technology to be exact which makes it seem unrealistic because things usually die in less then 5 bullets to the body, but it is a game after all. For those that still want to have a thick head and argue against that, then I will say that they are wearing armor so technically, a few shots shouldn't be able to kill them anyway. In Call of Duty 4,5 or any, the game is based on real life war where the only thing protecting you is your gun and an army uniform. Getting shot from behind usually means death, but that is not always true. If a player has quick reflexes, then they are actually able to sprint (something halo does not have) around a corner or behind cover and avoid being instantly killed. Of course there is the idea of "spray and pray" because of the light armor provided in COD 4 or 5 which makes it seem that there is no skill involved but you would still have to aim to hit anything. So you can decide what you would prefer when choosing between these two games based on your style of play.

The next big thing to think about these two games is the terrain involved. Halo 3 revolves around planets with many different environments. There are many strategical positions that a player can use but for the most part, it is nothing really special. Basic map layouts that involve several floors and a couple rooms does not do much for player individually. COD 4 (can't say much for 5 but applies a little) revolves around terrain that is based on real human structures. Brush and trees along with camouflage suits provide tactical positioning from enemies and can usually allow players to remain hidden in grass or brush.

Other then all the crap I just listed above, I personally prefer COD4,5 over halo 3 because I like the idea of "one man can make the difference". Even if I get stuck with a shit load of noobs on my team, I can at least score 300+ points for my team in deathmatches.

Just my $1.50 cents
    Last edited by Dustin; 08-21-2009 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    After reading this entire topic so far, I can see why people would think halo 3 > COD 4 or COD4 > halo 3.

I for one believe that both game requires a lot of skill to be "Good" (whatever the hell that means).
    Lets talk about the FPS play style of each game. In Halo, the regenerative armor on each player allows them to survive getting shot from behind and still be able to turn around and possibly kill the other player in a gunfight if the player is skilled enough to remain calm and blow the crap out of the dude. The armor does seem noobish and unrealistic because people aren't suppose to live that long and there is a chance others will kill steal you anyway but the game is based on future technology or alien technology to be exact which makes it seem unrealistic because things usually die in less then 5 bullets to the body, but it is a game after all. For those that still want to have a thick head and argue against that, then I will say that they are wearing armor so technically, a few shots shouldn't be able to kill them anyway. In Call of Duty 4,5 or any, the game is based on real life war where the only thing protecting you is your gun and an army uniform. Getting shot from behind usually means death, but that is not always true. If a player has quick reflexes, then they are actually able to sprint (something halo does not have) around a corner or behind cover and avoid being instantly killed. Of course there is the idea of "spray and pray" because of the light armor provided in COD 4 or 5 which makes it seem that there is no skill involved but you would still have to aim to hit anything. So you can decide what you would prefer when choosing between these two games based on your style of play.

The next big thing to think about these two games is the terrain involved. Halo 3 revolves around planets with many different environments. There are many strategical positions that a player can use but for the most part, it is nothing really special. Basic map layouts that involve several floors and a couple rooms does not do much for player individually. COD 4 (can't say much for 5 but applies a little) revolves around terrain that is based on real human structures. Brush and trees along with camouflage suits provide tactical positioning from enemies and can usually allow players to remain hidden in grass or brush.

Other then all the crap I just listed above, I personally prefer COD4,5 offer halo 3 because I like that idea of "one man can make the difference". Even if I get stuck with a shit load of noobs on my team, I can at least score 300+ points for my team in deathmatches.

Just my $1.50 cents
    /close the topic fuck the rest this man said it the best!
    Last edited by gimmecookiesnao; 08-20-2009 at 05:43 AM.

Dustin

Quote Originally Posted by gimmecookiesnao View Post
    /close the topic fuck the rest this man said it the best!
    cookiesncream? aka Nightpleasure or Beanmachine in Pathos?

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    cookiesncream? aka Nightpleasure or Beanmachine in Pathos?

yup that one

knightmaster2118

Cod4 is fun, but it gets old playing the same damn maps and same gametypes everytime, not to mention you dont need skill to be decent, you need skill to be good though.

Halo 3 on the other hand, Has so many different gametypes, not to mention you can make your own gametypes and maps, if you follow the whole MLG(Major League Gaming) aspect of it, it gets addicting, no lie.

IMO Halo series > Cod series and Halo 3 > Cod 4

Dustin

Quote Originally Posted by gimmecookiesnao View Post
    yup that one
    Its me. Dillan (warrior in Goodnight on Pathos). Whats your gamertag? We should CoD together. Mine is TheMentoOne

As for different Modes, COD has different modes that require teamwork and allows players to enjoy the game differently as well.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast