Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

COD4 vs HALO 3

This is a discussion on COD4 vs HALO 3 within the Consoles forums, part of the Games category; Originally Posted by Dustin Its me. Dillan (warrior in Goodnight on Pathos). Whats your gamertag? We should CoD together. Mine ...
Page: 5

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Its me. Dillan (warrior in Goodnight on Pathos). Whats your gamertag? We should CoD together. Mine is TheMentoOne

As for different Modes, COD has different modes that require teamwork and allows players to enjoy the game differently as well.
    ps3 el_tankie

Dustin

Quote Originally Posted by gimmecookiesnao View Post
    ps3 el_tankie
    i hate you! >.< xbox 360

twender

lol halo3 would be better i think =D

TheBigNoob

Halo rocks COD, COD can't even compete, The one's trash talking Halo is the same ones with Skill levels of 20s where they see all of these "Little Kids" And no teamwork.

The teamwork that you see from a level 50 team of Halo 3, and The teamwork you see from a team for 10th prestige 55 is far far different.

COD takes skill? Ummm... If you can aim a gun and stand still and hide behing rocks and barrels then sure, That's nice for you. Halo takes way more skill, just go compare the montages... (Nuff Said About The Skills)

And who the fuck said Halo 3 No scopes took no skill and was lame? Cause seriously? Halo 3 No-Scopes can be reproduced time after time, While COD? It's just luck. Luck=Isn't Skill.

And who cares about realisticness? You want realisticness go join the army. I don't even see where realisticness would even matter in a video game.

Done for now, I'll check up on this topic in the future to respond to those people who are lost on what's skillful, And what's not.

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNoob View Post
    Halo rocks COD, COD can't even compete, The one's trash talking Halo is the same ones with Skill levels of 20s where they see all of these "Little Kids" And no teamwork.

The teamwork that you see from a level 50 team of Halo 3, and The teamwork you see from a team for 10th prestige 55 is far far different.

COD takes skill? Ummm... If you can aim a gun and stand still and hide behing rocks and barrels then sure, That's nice for you. Halo takes way more skill, just go compare the montages... (Nuff Said About The Skills)

And who the fuck said Halo 3 No scopes took no skill and was lame? Cause seriously? Halo 3 No-Scopes can be reproduced time after time, While COD? It's just luck. Luck=Isn't Skill.

And who cares about realisticness? You want realisticness go join the army. I don't even see where realisticness would even matter in a video game.

Done for now, I'll check up on this topic in the future to respond to those people who are lost on what's skillful, And what's not.
    no scopes in cod4 arent based on luck... thats one of the dumbest fucking things anyone in this thread has said...

also u saying that halo is better than cod cuz of teamwork?? thats people making it better not the game itself. get those same people on cod and then wat? u end up with same "teamwork" u enjoy so much in halo

cod4 all u need to do is get behind some rocks and aim a gun..
    and im sure it doesnt take "skill" to sneak up behind those fuckers and kill em or just shoot em from far.

wanna compare montages?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOEE-r9oPk"]YouTube - Crisis :: A Halo 3 Montage - AMAZING!!![/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQAb_2wM39w"]YouTube - Triple Threat Tritage[/ame]

looking at em both and halo just looks like an ol lego game i used to have

cod has alot of those "lucky" no scope shots

Dustin

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNoob View Post

Let me address everything in the order that you listed.

First off, both games require teamwork and you cannot compare the teamwork for each of these games. The only way teamwork should be compared is the how well a team can effectively accomplish the goal at hand, or in this case, winning the round/match. I have seen both Halo3 teams and COD teams. I've played in some as well and I got to say that they are different. Halo3 required teamwork to take down enemies quickly, while COD took teamwork to make sure teammates stay alive like checking corners and making sure an MG ain't posted around the corner that will waste you whole team.

Now what you said about skills for COD...if you standing behind a rock with your gun shooting at people. Then you have to have the skill and knowledge to know how to use the spot to its fullest. Example would be not to get a knife wedge 5 inches up your ass. Also, why not think from the perspective of the ones being shot at. If your getting shot from someone behind a rock, then don't you think it would require skill to kill him without getting yourself killed? Like making taking cover or flashing the motherfucker to knife him?

Can't say much about no scoping because I suck at them. I can snipe anyone that decides to twitch in a bush but no scoping is far beyond me.

The "realisticness" that I mentioned was to describe the difference between Halo3 and COD. It nothing more than a personal preference when deciding the two games. So it does matter to players and buyers on what time of game it is.

My argument for this entire topic is basically, just choose a game and try it. "Better" is different from person to person.

Done.

Oh...P.S. @TheBigNoob. Before you reply, go look up the word teamwork and skill again and stop being so narrow minded when thinking of games. You need to look from every and all aspects to see what makes one game different from another. Other wise, you seriously are "TheBigNoob". ;P

@gimmecookiesnao... HI! ;D

Well I have to say I prefer Cod4

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

Halo needs more teamwork than COD. hands down. /end_discussion_on_teamwork

Fear the White Rabbit!!! Senior Member konioko's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    Halo needs more teamwork than COD. hands down. /end_discussion_on_teamwork
    I still have yet to see any reason as to why you say that. It seems that it's something stuck in your head but you have no reasoning to back it up with.

There are so many more variables in COD that you have to think about than in Halo. To name a few the terrain in COD provides much more cover and tactically advanced areas to play from. Halo maps to me seem wide open. Also the ability to crouch and lay down in COD can reduce the size of your target depending on where you're looking at them from. In halo you can only crouch as long as you hold it down. The idea of cover and blending into your environment exists in COD where in Halo it does not. The recon in COD along with an artillery strike and a helicopter and knowing when and where to use them. What guns and perks to put in your available slots and which ones to use depending on the gamestyle and map in COD also provide many more variables than Halo.

The only 2 things i can think of that Halo has over COD is vehicles and teleportation.

Honestly after thinking the whole thing through Halo seems like a game with so little involved. I mean it's still a fun game but COD requires so much more thought and strategizing than Halo. Having played both at a competitive level i know the differences between the two.

COD4 is a lot better than Halo 3. The gameplay is much better. COD4 is more of a technique/strategy game where Halo is just a gun spraying game in my opinion. There's a lot more to do in COD than halo.

Well ive played both, i like the idea of CoD but i just plain suck at it (dont have a 360 so i cant play too much to get better). I think how halo finds parties sucks though. The main thing i like about halo though is a match where its 4 teams of 2 vsing eachother in diff types of matches. I must admit i had a ton of fun playing with my friends.

And what determines what game is better? Whatever one you have the most fun with imo

capkekz

Cant play Halo 3 well

COD4 so better 4 me xD

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

Strategies to be planned out before and during games:
    Weapons Spawn Times
    Power Up Spawn Times
    Locations and Weapons the other team has

Why COD isn't that great is because you spawn with the weapons you want.
    and it is all whoever sees who first.

Fear the White Rabbit!!! Senior Member konioko's Avatar

i did forget to mention the bubble shields and power up variables in halo but i still think that COD requires more teamwork.

There's still the idea of sprinting which could save you from death if someone is shooting at you.
    The recoil in COD makes it more difficult to aim (especially with machine guns).
    The different kinds of special grenades that are used in different situations.
    Perks like Claymores and setting them in the right spots.
    And because you choose your own guns you have to balance out your team deciding who will have what for what role they're going to play. The wrong choice of guns could be devastating to your team.

So in COD it isn't whoever sees who first. I've seen plenty of people first but didn't get the kill because either my aim sucked or their sniper sniped me or they were with a team mate i didn't see. They could've also ran by a claymore set by one of their team mates i followed him into. There's a lot of ways to get around it.

futureofhiphop

halo 3 here.. but they r both very good.. yea halo takes more skills then cod i believe... my opinion tho

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast