Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

One Piece

This is a discussion on One Piece within the Anime and Manga forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Originally Posted by Dark_sith was anyone else dissapointed that Sengoku went all out and couldn't destroy a half dead teenager ...
Page: 8

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_sith View Post
    was anyone else dissapointed that Sengoku went all out and couldn't destroy a half dead teenager ?????

maybe he only works better fighting alongside Garp, but I was expecting more out of him considering he's at the top tier of the marines
    well...sengoku seems to just be pure physical brute strength, which against luffy has always proven to be useless against him since hes made of rubber

StoneColdAngel

Shouldn't Sengoku be able to use Haki as highest of the Marines and therefore be able to harm Luffy?

i dont think its ever been said that sengoku has any form of haki

in fact, haki is quite rare in the one piece world...its only been hinted that luffy's dad has it, then theres luffy, and all the amazon women.......then i think its been SLIGHTLY hinted that d roger had it too

StoneColdAngel

In this war plenty people showed knowingly or unknowingly the use of Haki. Atleast thats my explanation of how Croco, Jozu, ... could fight the Admirals. Those you listet are the ones with Kings Haki (aside of AL).

Kings Haki: Luffy, Garp, Boa, WB, possibly Dragon & Ace

Correct me if I am wrong.

PS: I am too lazy to search for references in the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneColdAngel View Post
    In this war plenty people showed knowingly or unknowingly the use of Haki. Atleast thats my explanation of how Croco, Jozu, ... could fight the Admirals. Those you listet are the ones with Kings Haki (aside of AL).

Kings Haki: Luffy, Garp, Boa, WB, possibly Dragon & Ace

Correct me if I am wrong.

PS: I am too lazy to search for references in the manga.
    croco and all the others are using the power of devil's fruits...not haki

haki is not the same as devil's fruit powers, the first and only place weve really seen haki used was on the island of amazon's. and besides luffy, those amazon's are the only ones weve seen use it.

Silver rayleigh also used haki when he fought kizaro

StoneColdAngel

And Luffy used it, just like WB did aswell. Which is by the way stated in the Manga itself. I know the difference of Haki and DF but oh well I think I should take my time to go through the chapters to show you what I actually mean.

Marco unsing Haki (middle panel)
    Hint of WB using Haki
    Jozu attacking Akoji
    Luffy using Kings Haki

none of those are haki except for the luffy page........

1st page, its just highlighting the kick showing an effect to show how strong it is...it in no means is showing any way/shape/form of haki

2nd page, not showing haki

3rd page, again no haki being shown...the ice guy made his body into ice to prevent WB from pulling his spear back out, then diamond guy hit him to shatter him...nothing haki going on here

4th page, yes luffy used haki

StoneColdAngel

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    1st page, its just highlighting the kick showing an effect to show how strong it is...it in no means is showing any way/shape/form of haki
    That makes me wonder how Marco could hit a DF user, shouldn't he just go trough Akoji?

2nd page, not showing haki
    Even if it's now actually showing Haki, it implies that WB is able to use it. Right?

3rd page, again no haki being shown...the ice guy made his body into ice to prevent WB from pulling his spear back out, then diamond guy hit him to shatter him...nothing haki going on here
    Ok I give in on this one, sounds plausible.

/facepalm

look carefully at the page with marco...look at the 2nd panel of the page...see that huge staff of ice in his hand? now look at the panel where marco kicks him...notice something? thats right! marco kicked and he blocked it with his ice staff

and yes it implies WB MIGHT be able to use haki, theres no proof of whether he can or cant and this has nothing to do with the higher ranked marines being able to use haki...in fact if anything ur proving they cant if its suggested WB could kill them using haki, i mean if they could use haki too they could just block the haki attacks

StoneColdAngel

Oh well, nevermind. My though was that if those ppl can use it, the highest marine has to be able to use it too. But after all its not like a Sharingan I guess :P

Dark_sith

Yeah Haki is something everyone important can use I thought ??? the sovereign haki is something not a lot of people can use...Luffy(can't control it),rayleigh,boa(also can't control it)

WB has to know how to use Haki, when the flashbacks of ace trying to assassinate him he gets hit when he's in df mode One Piece 552 page 11 | One Manga

Jozu hit's crocodile when he should have gone through his body
    One Piece 560 page 14-15 | One Manga

Marco can use also because he hit's a Logia
    One Piece 554 page 04-05 | One Manga

Boa hit's smoker
    One Piece 559 page 15 | One Manga

If you can hit Logia=your using Haki

Luffy has it and also still can't control it, I'm sure the next strawhat member will be able to use Haki and will teach luffy

so whitebeard=dead in the next few chapters..............i foresee ace either making his own crew, or joining luffy's crew...and god damn i hope its joining luffy's crew i mean they already show they have like flawless teamwork and kick complete ass

awe man!!!!! did not expect this to happen at all
    what a gay twist

Quote Originally Posted by FireBird101 View Post
    awe man!!!!! did not expect this to happen at all
    what a gay twist
    Well however gay it might seem it was inevitable, dont worry ace wont die. But what will happen is luffy will go absolutely apeshit and maybe finally show us part of his potential. They have teased us so much up into this point, where luffy could have just let loose, but the time might finally be at hand.

On the haki thing, Other than luffy and boa, and garp im about 99% sure that noone has used any form of haki thus far in this battle. The hits on kizaru and croc boy have to many for instances, the picture given actually shows alittle light on kizarus arm, and if hose was wet, or had just a bit of blood he could make contact. Im not saying they are not capable, just saying they havent used it. I think whitebeard has some but cant control it well, if so aojiki would have been stabbed in the chest. You guys named most of the haki users but forgot the first person we seen use it and most likely the most powerful or second most powerful and that would be shanks. Also dont forget santoru* the sumo looking guy who put a licking on luffy on shabody he used haki before we really knew what it was, who also happens to be their. Im still stuck on the will of D as a great explanation of Warlords haki.
    Last edited by deathbob; 02-07-2010 at 07:35 AM.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast