View Poll Results: What level cap would you like to see?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • 70

    89 56.33%
  • 70 --> 80

    22 13.92%
  • 70 --> 80 --> 83

    23 14.56%
  • 80

    11 6.96%
  • 80 --> 83

    0 0%
  • 83

    13 8.23%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 142

Poll - Level Cap

This is a discussion on Poll - Level Cap within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Nice constructive comment there tommy Regards tabbycat...
Page: 5


  1. #61
    Warlord Senior Member TabbyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    1,403

    Default

    Nice constructive comment there tommy

    Regards tabbycat

  2. #62
    Senior Member SlmShady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Schrotti, first you say you want it to be based on skill not items then you say "oh we cant have personals because then everyone would have the shield." Well, if everyone has the shield, isn't it more based on skill than if some people have shit items and some have CS's? Obviously an item or 2 doesn't magically make a bad person good, but you shouldn't compare a bad priest with a CS against a good priest with no CS. If you compare good priests with CS against good priests without who do you think will win? I'm not saying take out the CS or give everyone a CS or anything, I just fail to see how everyone having a personal shield is less about skill than a few people having CS.

  3. #63
    HumanStupidityIsInfinite Senior Member xtommyleongx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TabbyCat View Post
    Nice constructive comment there tommy

    Regards tabbycat
    I was just trying to get everyone back to topic

    anyways, i would still say lv80 capped because only then the characters will be able to show its best or perform to its max (atleast for priests and mages) The difference between a lv70 warrior/rogue to a lv80 warrior/rogue is not much compared to the difference of lv70 priest/mage to lv80 priest/mage where it really made a BIG difference.

    anyways, everyone voted lv70 and ke style, my opinions are useless

  4. #64
    Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlmShady View Post
    Schrotti, first you say you want it to be based on skill not items then you say "oh we cant have personals because then everyone would have the shield." Well, if everyone has the shield, isn't it more based on skill than if some people have shit items and some have CS's? Obviously an item or 2 doesn't magically make a bad person good, but you shouldn't compare a bad priest with a CS against a good priest with no CS. If you compare good priests with CS against good priests without who do you think will win? I'm not saying take out the CS or give everyone a CS or anything, I just fail to see how everyone having a personal shield is less about skill than a few people having CS.
    Basically what I was trying to argue in a nutshell ._.

    Finally someone who is intelligent :!

  5. #65
    Warlord Senior Member TabbyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    1,403

    Default

    Hey don't be mean, i have a high iq lvl

  6. #66
    k66k Senior Member ShellinShitakaMad_doll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    838

    Default

    if u get things working then id like to see 70-80-83

  7. #67
    Warlord Senior Member TabbyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    1,403

    Default

    woo <3 exactly my personal opinion. Obviously start as 70 then bring out expansions when approipriate.

    Regards tabbycat

  8. #68
    Oldschool wanabe Senior Member gramps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sir_locksley View Post
    It is D:

    Anyways my argument isn't that the CS should be removed. Obviously its an important part of the game, but I think the items from the RoFD expansion and Moradon expansion help balance the classes and different range of players. That way new people don't come into the server and feel like their ages behind the ppl who are at the top. They are given much more opportunities to get gear, obviously at a slow drop rate, but have the opportunity nonetheless.
    I don't like your argument. Whats the point of having a lvl 70 cap if theres going to be people running around with dread shields? I think that the items should stay simple and match the lvl cap. If the server is going to be 70 than only items from KE if it ends up 80 than items after ROFD can be added. But if it was my choice I would only leave it to being only items from KE.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sir_locksley View Post
    It is D:

    Anyways my argument isn't that the CS should be removed. Obviously its an important part of the game, but I think the items from the RoFD expansion and Moradon expansion help balance the classes and different range of players. That way new people don't come into the server and feel like their ages behind the ppl who are at the top. They are given much more opportunities to get gear, obviously at a slow drop rate, but have the opportunity nonetheless.
    You know it's not my ego talking there, as we rolled many parties at once, you being a part of the parties.

    Quote Originally Posted by SlmShady View Post
    Schrotti, first you say you want it to be based on skill not items then you say "oh we cant have personals because then everyone would have the shield." Well, if everyone has the shield, isn't it more based on skill than if some people have shit items and some have CS's? Obviously an item or 2 doesn't magically make a bad person good, but you shouldn't compare a bad priest with a CS against a good priest with no CS. If you compare good priests with CS against good priests without who do you think will win? I'm not saying take out the CS or give everyone a CS or anything, I just fail to see how everyone having a personal shield is less about skill than a few people having CS.
    How about this... let's make this server just like half the private servers out there, pretty much have everyone have the same gear? The point to KO in the KE version was that you worked for your items, and not reach a certain level to receive a rare item. In order to work for that item it would usually create teamwork amongst others, why clans were so important back then. I simply don't want a server where people can think they can run around by themselves and be the best,... I want people applying to clan topics in searching for clan, because not only does it create friendship between others, but it makes it much more fun, and as well as making your character much better geared out (that is receiving from how much afford you put into). If you are going to put things like Dread Shields and does other shields then it will certainly ruin the pk. I know for a fact when going up against someone with a CS, yes they are killable, but to kill them takes proper timing and teamwork, which as someone said they are almost unkillable. If we were to add dread shields then with the additional weapon defenses it would be worse then it is in ROFD, making it almost impossible to kill each other as the damage reduction would be tremendous, and don't forget, with the level 70 cap there isn't much AP going at with rouges/warriors so it would be unbelievably hard. CSs have always been the rarest item in the game in BETA and KE, and that is the way it should stay,... having a CS people look upon you as god (even though not actually), and that's the way it should stay, because does people that do deserve the CS (1 in who knows how many, as these will be extremely rare here) should also deserve the bigger difference in the weapon defenses, and not have it similar to something that would probably drop easily elsewhere (DS).

    Quote Originally Posted by xtommyleongx View Post
    I was just trying to get everyone back to topic

    anyways, i would still say lv80 capped because only then the characters will be able to show its best or perform to its max (atleast for priests and mages) The difference between a lv70 warrior/rogue to a lv80 warrior/rogue is not much compared to the difference of lv70 priest/mage to lv80 priest/mage where it really made a BIG difference.

    anyways, everyone voted lv70 and ke style, my opinions are useless
    The fact is, the level 80 cap only creates a more complex gaming community and for people searching for that type of stuff can go off to WoW or some other game. I don't understand why people don't understand that private servers can't have the same files as the current USKO files, meaning that many skills don't work. I know just for a mage that all the servers out there don't have Instant Magic work, or the Magic Shield. This is just for fire mage and that's about it, so I can't imagine how many other skills are screwed up. Yet you guys still decide to come here and ask for the level 80 cap ROFD version. From what I see, I think you guys just want the ROFD version so you guys have a bigger chance of pressing the /town button or surviving after making a few mistakes in a row, because with KE, there is either being perfect and owning CZ or making mistakes now and then and getting the shit raped out of you. KE requires alot more skill then ROFD, and this being said from a guy that played every version, as 1 mistake of 1 member in the party can cause the whole party to screw up.... unlike in USKO, you can have half the party not knowing anything they are doing and the other half the party owning for them.

  10. #70
    Senior Member orko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lima - Peru
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    The point to KO in the KE version was that you worked for your items, and not reach a certain level to receive a rare item. In order to work for that item it would usually create teamwork amongst others, why clans were so important back then.
    Agreed

    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    The fact is, the level 80 cap only creates a more complex gaming community
    Theres nothing wrong with complex and diversity actually, I personally think a little more diversity in weapons could be benefitial to the overall gameplay, however they should meet the same standards as they old counterparts. I could give examples but it will take a lot to explain myself, but i do think that DS would be totally imbalanced in a KE server than a chitin shield, i would preffer the 300 acc in 70- lvl over the CS.

    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    From what I see, I think you guys just want the ROFD version so you guys have a bigger chance of pressing the /town button or surviving after making a few mistakes in a row, because with KE, there is either being perfect and owning CZ or making mistakes now and then and getting the shit raped out of you. KE requires alot more skill then ROFD, and this being said from a guy that played every version, as 1 mistake of 1 member in the party can cause the whole party to screw up.... unlike in USKO, you can have half the party not knowing anything they are doing and the other half the party owning for them.
    Agree on most that, however the skill difference its not that dramaticly big. I mean its not like USKO player = Retarded kid and KE player = Uber Gosu, but yes, it does take more skill to survive with less ac hp mp, one party focus on you, and your gone, so you have to be careful how you engage and when.

  11. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post
    Agreed



    Theres nothing wrong with complex and diversity actually, I personally think a little more diversity in weapons could be benefitial to the overall gameplay, however they should meet the same standards as they old counterparts. I could give examples but it will take a lot to explain myself, but i do think that DS would be totally imbalanced in a KE server than a chitin shield, i would preffer the 300 acc in 70- lvl over the CS.



    Agree on most that, however the skill difference its not that dramaticly big. I mean its not like USKO player = Retarded kid and KE player = Uber Gosu, but yes, it does take more skill to survive with less ac hp mp, one party focus on you, and your gone, so you have to be careful how you engage and when.
    I just tried out a server today with such a complex diversity of items.... well lets just say I'm trying to find another one at the moment to look into.

  12. #72
    Senior Member SlmShady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    860

    Default

    I don't even know why I am continuing to argue this since you clearly missed the point, but how exactly does a personal shield make someone not want to join a clan? Anyways i dont really care about any of this, it just doesn't make sense that you want the server to be based on skill rather than items, then have a huge divide between shields for priests with only the elite having the best.

  13. #73
    Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlmShady View Post
    I don't even know why I am continuing to argue this since you clearly missed the point
    +1

    Even if new shields are in the game because items post-KE are included it doesnt devalue the CS either. It still has all those amazing weapon defenses, only difference is now other parties actually have a bit of a chance at killing you if their priest doesn't have one.

    Either way, I won't be disappointed with a server that is lvl 70 cap and only items from KE, as it seems thats what most ppl want.

    The original game would be kinda cool to see too, with original piana and breth, USKO CZ map from old KO tho (same as KE). That ardream with the castle in the center from MYKO's version of old KO sucked =|

  14. #74
    HumanStupidityIsInfinite Senior Member xtommyleongx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    The fact is, the level 80 cap only creates a more complex gaming community and for people searching for that type of stuff can go off to WoW or some other game. I don't understand why people don't understand that private servers can't have the same files as the current USKO files, meaning that many skills don't work. I know just for a mage that all the servers out there don't have Instant Magic work, or the Magic Shield. This is just for fire mage and that's about it, so I can't imagine how many other skills are screwed up. Yet you guys still decide to come here and ask for the level 80 cap ROFD version. From what I see, I think you guys just want the ROFD version so you guys have a bigger chance of pressing the /town button or surviving after making a few mistakes in a row, because with KE, there is either being perfect and owning CZ or making mistakes now and then and getting the shit raped out of you. KE requires alot more skill then ROFD, and this being said from a guy that played every version, as 1 mistake of 1 member in the party can cause the whole party to screw up.... unlike in USKO, you can have half the party not knowing anything they are doing and the other half the party owning for them.
    i remember me saying in one of the post... make the server lv80 cap but only max lv70 skills... a few extra stats will not ruin anything...(i think >.<)

  15. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlmShady View Post
    I don't even know why I am continuing to argue this since you clearly missed the point, but how exactly does a personal shield make someone not want to join a clan? Anyways i dont really care about any of this, it just doesn't make sense that you want the server to be based on skill rather than items, then have a huge divide between shields for priests with only the elite having the best.
    And you've clearly missed my point as well. Yes on one hand we do want it to be more skills then items, and keeping the range of the item diversity to a minimum makes this possible. Thus coming to my point that clans are more valuable this way, and would have to go through alot of teamwork and alot of time spent farming in order to get a CS, within days/weeks if lucky, or within months if unlucky.

    Quote Originally Posted by sir_locksley View Post
    +1

    Even if new shields are in the game because items post-KE are included it doesnt devalue the CS either. It still has all those amazing weapon defenses, only difference is now other parties actually have a bit of a chance at killing you if their priest doesn't have one.

    Either way, I won't be disappointed with a server that is lvl 70 cap and only items from KE, as it seems thats what most ppl want.

    The original game would be kinda cool to see too, with original piana and breth, USKO CZ map from old KO tho (same as KE). That ardream with the castle in the center from MYKO's version of old KO sucked =|
    But it does it Mike. It does devalue the CS... it's not considered godly anymore, as a matter of fact with the DS implemented more people will go for that since it also has the DD defense. Going over board with the item difference between players, such as someone (even from the top clan) having a +2 unique set by the time most of the server has like 1-2 uniques is taking it too far, but having a CS drop rarely, assuming 5% which would be once in 20 times, and all that hard work contributed by the rest of the clan (remember, KE version, lvl 70 cap, takes more people to kill isiloon), people with that CS deserve to be an exception.

    Quote Originally Posted by xtommyleongx View Post
    i remember me saying in one of the post... make the server lv80 cap but only max lv70 skills... a few extra stats will not ruin anything...(i think >.<)
    A few extra points does ruin everything in my opinion. As I mentioned above we want to make it mostly skill based, and the only way to do that is leave it at level 70 cap, with that meaning that the game would be a much faster pace then the level 80 cap, and wouldn't allow you to screw up,... because if you do, and trust me on this, your party dies,... unlike in ROFD, the extra 50 stats are already in pretty much extra for all the classes and are usually put into hp, giving them much more hp and an extra 25 ac.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •