View Poll Results: Do you think we should enforce a rule to stop USD sales in the market sections?

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

142 60.17%
  • No

94 39.83%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Sales and Purchases for real life cash

This is a discussion on Sales and Purchases for real life cash within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i agree that banning it is totally futile. USD is part of the game now whilst it is so popular ...
Page: 6

i agree that banning it is totally futile. USD is part of the game now whilst it is so popular and all prices are inflated to ridiculous amounts.

However what i said when this site first started was that market posts should be limited to users only with a certain post count. It should be a priviledge to sell items, and buyers deserve to know who they are buying from. If you limit it to users above 100 posts, then usually those users have some information available about them and their past. Ive seen 1 post anonymous people selling hacked/scammed items on here which is totally disgusting.

Killgannon

You can's stop this so why try? Even if it's not allowed here it will still happen and the people who want to buy/sell here will buy/sell elsewhere and if they get ripped they still would of gotten ripped regarless of what forum they found the buyer/seller.

When a 1 post noob starts posting in market section i usually check. Most of the time its someone posting under an alias

Default Re: Sales and Purchases for real life cash

Originally posted by URunFasterWithAKnifE
    I personally feel we need to take this game back to the virtual world

//URunFasterWithSizeDoesMatter
    That would be great. If ppl would stop taking this game so damn personaly! Where if someone would be beaten in cz or on 1vs1 he would not call him names or what is even worse he wouldnt try to destroy him. Wo $ per2per market we would have better gms. Ppl must open eyes and see that spending real money to buy virtual items is stupidnes. But it wont change. Its a human nature what we r talking about. With human unfulllfiled ambitions and overgrowth egos we will never have clean game

AviT

thing people forget is that when you make a out of game transaction for items in game you are a CHEAT just like all those macro fags :angry:

Road

Actually, if I ever got rare items, I would plan to sell them to people I trusted ingame or just give them the item...

I've never had a 60 before (I'm slow at lvling). Then an RL friend quit and GAVE me his lvl 62 account for FREE with all the items on it. I now play on it to farm chitin for my main. I will also help out my friends from that high lvl clan by playing on that character.

I don't think buying/selling items posts for USD shouldn't be prevented, rather restrict it to users that can speak ENGLISH and have over 200 posts.

Draconetsu

For the people who keep saying they want to sell their char when they're done, how fuking stupid are you? This is a game for FUN, not PROFIT. ffs, have we all forgotten this is a goddamn free game we're supposed to be playing in our spare time? It's recreation for crying out loud. "I put so much work into my character. . ." Yeah, so much WORK eh? You're NOT WORKING!! You're playing a fuking game! Do you not understand that? If this game has gotten to a point where you're saying you put WORK into your character, then maybe you should delete the game, and forget it ever existed. I mean honestly, do you finish a game on your PS2/X Box/Gamecube and say to yourself, "How much can I sell this save file for?" Do you go to your favorite messageboard and say "Selling finished FFX save file, all ultima weapons fully unlocked, USD only!!"?? No, you don't, because you're playing a game that is supposed to be done in your leisure time. In a game, when you're done, you simply hang up the controller (it's a figure of speech) and walk away, maybe with a sense of accomplishment. If you can't do that, if you actually feel that you need to be paid for your character, then you need professional help. You need to go outside, take a deep breath, and realize, this is a game, not a job. No one is forcing you to play, you have the option of quitting and enjoying life at any moment.

Road

Angry much? -_-

Ensorceller

Originally posted by Draconetsu
    For the people who keep saying they want to sell their char when they're done, how fuking stupid are you? *This is a game for FUN, not PROFIT. *ffs, have we all forgotten this is a goddamn free game we're supposed to be playing in our spare time? *It's recreation for crying out loud. *"I put so much work into my character. . ." *Yeah, so much WORK eh? *You're NOT WORKING!! *You're playing a fuking game! *Do you not understand that? *If this game has gotten to a point where you're saying you put WORK into your character, then maybe you should delete the game, and forget it ever existed. *I mean honestly, do you finish a game on your PS2/X Box/Gamecube and say to yourself, "How much can I sell this save file for?" *Do you go to your favorite messageboard and say "Selling finished FFX save file, all ultima weapons fully unlocked, USD only!!"?? *No, you don't, because you're playing a game that is supposed to be done in your leisure time. *In a game, when you're done, you simply hang up the controller (it's a figure of speech) and walk away, maybe with a sense of accomplishment. *If you can't do that, if you actually feel that you need to be paid for your character, then you need professional help. *You need to go outside, take a deep breath, and realize, this is a game, not a job. *No one is forcing you to play, you have the option of quitting and enjoying life at any moment.
    I dont think anyone actually feels they "need" to be paid for their character, but you cant tell me that you would rather let your character rot then have 100-400usd depending on the lvl of your character? which would you rather have? Stop feeding the bullshit buddy, you would easily take the cash. None of the items are ours, they are property of K2, but if someone can sell their character for real cash more power to them, help a poor kid buy a happy meal.

I have never spent a single dime on this game, yet I have 400$ in my paypal account... want to know why? Buying and reselling. Simple as that, I have sold items for USD and bought them to resell or do whatever I please with. This game wasent made to earn money, but its possible. Stop acting like commies and give people freedom to do what they want, if you dont approve simply ignore it, what is so hard about that?

Draconitsu (or whatever your name is spelled), you have a fair point but you honestly cant tell me you would pass up someone waving hundred dollar bills in your face to pay for somthing you no longer use. It is no different than a garage sale, yet the items arnt really ours.

Haxium

A lot of ppl are scammed w/ ingame trade (cuz of the limit of 2.1b), should we stop all trade that require more then 2.1b ? I dont think so. Ppl worked for their items and their lvl, why couldnt they just sell those when they r off. Its like that in almost every online games. The only thing that shouldnt be allowed is babashopped items.
    By stoppin those kind of trade, ull just make ppl move somewhere else (on another forum that allow trade that inquire usd).

Draconetsu

Sorry, but people who sell their account are as bad as corrupt GMs. You're giving some random noob a perfectly built max level character for cash. This not only effectively unbalances the game, but is more unfair than GMs giving +10 items to people who pay for them. Yeah, you spent 1 year playing your char, all that "hard work", and now someone else is gonna reap the benefits. Sorry, that's just shit. Someone shouldn't be given an easy out because they have the money to buy it. You're supposed to make an effort to get that far, not just sit down with your credit card. But hey, you know what, I've a an SSBM save file on a memory card with all characters unlocked, and almost every trophy, that took some time, I think I'll go see what I can get for it on ebay. I should be paid for that time right?

TunaFishyMe

For the people who keep saying they want to sell their char when they're done, how fuking stupid are you? *This is a game for FUN, not PROFIT. *ffs, have we all forgotten this is a goddamn free game we're supposed to be playing in our spare time? *It's recreation for crying out loud. *"I put so much work into my character. . ." *Yeah, so much WORK eh? *You're NOT WORKING!! *You're playing a fuking game! *Do you not understand that? *If this game has gotten to a point where you're saying you put WORK into your character, then maybe you should delete the game, and forget it ever existed. *I mean honestly, do you finish a game on your PS2/X Box/Gamecube and say to yourself, "How much can I sell this save file for?" *Do you go to your favorite messageboard and say "Selling finished FFX save file, all ultima weapons fully unlocked, USD only!!"?? *No, you don't, because you're playing a game that is supposed to be done in your leisure time. *In a game, when you're done, you simply hang up the controller (it's a figure of speech) and walk away, maybe with a sense of accomplishment. *If you can't do that, if you actually feel that you need to be paid for your character, then you need professional help. *You need to go outside, take a deep breath, and realize, this is a game, not a job. *No one is forcing you to play, you have the option of quitting and enjoying life at any moment.
    ok your are an idiot. Why the fuck would i let my character just sit in K2's database until some turk hacks it when i can sell it to make money. Yes I have fun playing the game. And yes I can make a profit out of this game. Things dont have to be 1 dimension. Why arent you smart enough to do both? If people are willing to buy my char and im quitting...and I decide not to sell it to them for USD...yes i do need professional help.

evenson

Default Re: Sales and Purchases for real life cash

Originally posted by URunFasterWithAKnifE
    Well from what i can see alot of people are moving away from USD purchases which in my opinion is a possitive thing. With so many recent scams occuring which effectivly steal peoples real life money, I have been wondering if we at KO4Life could help improve the state of real life cash transactions occuring for in game items by deleting any USD related purchases and sales posts and maybe enforcing penalties for constant offenders etc. It's just a suggestion at the moment which is why i'm looking for peoples input.
    What's you opinion?

I personally feel we need to take this game back to the virtual world, reduce the number of people being scammed for real life cash and keep whats in the game in the game. I'm getting sick of asking for an offer and being offered dollars.

//URunFasterWithSizeDoesMatter

Think you're completely wrong paddy, The trend is USD purchases. Coines are pointless, so most people are looking TO usd in order to get the items they need, anyways if this is enforced, www.knightonlineranking.tk ftw.

+1

Sorry, but people who sell their account are as bad as corrupt GMs. *You're giving some random noob a perfectly built max level character for cash. *This not only effectively unbalances the game, but is more unfair than GMs giving +10 items to people who pay for them. *Yeah, you spent 1 year playing your char, all that "hard work", and now someone else is gonna reap the benefits. *Sorry, that's just shit. *Someone shouldn't be given an easy out because they have the money to buy it. *You're supposed to make an effort to get that far, not just sit down with your credit card. *But hey, you know what, I've a an SSBM save file on a memory card with all characters unlocked, and almost every trophy, that took some time, I think I'll go see what I can get for it on ebay. *I should be paid for that time right?
    -1 wtf were u thinking on this 1?

morax

Originally posted by CakeAndCookies+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CakeAndCookies)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Draconetsu
    +1

Sorry, but people who sell their account are as bad as corrupt GMs. *You're giving some random noob a perfectly built max level character for cash. *This not only effectively unbalances the game, but is more unfair than GMs giving +10 items to people who pay for them. *Yeah, you spent 1 year playing your char, all that "hard work", and now someone else is gonna reap the benefits. *Sorry, that's just shit. *Someone shouldn't be given an easy out because they have the money to buy it. *You're supposed to make an effort to get that far, not just sit down with your credit card. *But hey, you know what, I've a an SSBM save file on a memory card with all characters unlocked, and almost every trophy, that took some time, I think I'll go see what I can get for it on ebay. *I should be paid for that time right?
    -1 wtf were u thinking on this 1?[/b]
    Multiple personality

+Agree its a game should be played for fun not greed and profit
    - Do not agree that you cant sell your account, hell if i get to the point where the game is no longer fun... /ebay to get some money back ive paid for premium.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast