Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

I dont understand American mentality.

This is a discussion on I dont understand American mentality. within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Last I checked, the first amendment still existed. Yet when the iranian president stops in new york, you want to ...
Page: 1

Banned

Last I checked, the first amendment still existed. Yet when the iranian president stops in new york, you want to prevent him from speaking because he has a different viewpoint than yours? I believe america is becoming 2faced/shifting towards a double standard.

America, You can dish it out but you cant take it.

Banned

can you give another example?
    the 1 you made didnt make since

ewenson_tr

the 1 you made didnt make since[/b]

No it made sense, you are just not able to comprehend english above a 2nd grade level.

Banned

the 1 you made didnt make since[/b]

Actually it did make sense.

You just dont read the news.

Zxenke

Iran Leader Says Nuclear Issue Closed
    By EDITH M. LEDERER, Associated Press Writer

39 minutes ago

UNITED NATIONS - Iranian leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad declared Tuesday that Iran's disputed nuclear program is closed as a political issue and said Tehran will ignore a U.N. Security Council demand imposed by "arrogant powers" to curb its nuclear program.

Instead, he told world leaders at the U.N. General Assembly that Iran has decided to pursue the monitoring of its nuclear program "through its appropriate legal path," the International Atomic Energy Agency, which is the U.N. nuclear watchdog agency.

When Ahmadinejad was ushered to the podium, the U.S. delegation walked out, leaving only a low-ranking note-taker to listen to his speech, which indirectly accused the United States and Israel of major human rights violations. State Department spokesman Gonzalo Gallegos said the U.S. wanted "to send him a powerful message."

The Iranian president spoke shortly before German Chancellor Angela Merkel warned the diplomats of "disastrous consequences" for Israel and the world if Iran acquires a nuclear bomb. "The world does not have to prove to Iran that Iran is building a nuclear bomb. Iran has to convince the world that it is not striving towards such a bomb."

...Ahmadinejad has defied two Security Council resolutions demanding Iran suspend enrichment and imposing escalating sanctions on key figures and organizations involved in the nuclear program. He made clear in his speech that Iran did not intend to comply with them now.

http://www.comcast.net/news/index.jsp?cat=.../25/772621.html
    ************************************************** ******************************

Lol, this the article you were talking about?

Banned

Iran Leader Says Nuclear Issue Closed
    By EDITH M. LEDERER, Associated Press Writer

39 minutes ago

UNITED NATIONS - Iranian leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad declared Tuesday that Iran's disputed nuclear program is closed as a political issue and said Tehran will ignore a U.N. Security Council demand imposed by "arrogant powers" to curb its nuclear program.

Instead, he told world leaders at the U.N. General Assembly that Iran has decided to pursue the monitoring of its nuclear program "through its appropriate legal path," the International Atomic Energy Agency, which is the U.N. nuclear watchdog agency.

When Ahmadinejad was ushered to the podium, the U.S. delegation walked out, leaving only a low-ranking note-taker to listen to his speech, which indirectly accused the United States and Israel of major human rights violations. State Department spokesman Gonzalo Gallegos said the U.S. wanted "to send him a powerful message."

The Iranian president spoke shortly before German Chancellor Angela Merkel warned the diplomats of "disastrous consequences" for Israel and the world if Iran acquires a nuclear bomb. "The world does not have to prove to Iran that Iran is building a nuclear bomb. Iran has to convince the world that it is not striving towards such a bomb."
    ...Ahmadinejad has defied two Security Council resolutions demanding Iran suspend enrichment and imposing escalating sanctions on key figures and organizations involved in the nuclear program. He made clear in his speech that Iran did not intend to comply with them now.

http://www.comcast.net/news/index.jsp?cat=.../25/772621.html
    ************************************************** ******************************

Lol, this the article you were talking about?[/b]

I was referring to the columbia university's invviation and the people saying: hey no um you shouldnt be able to talk here in fact we should arrest you.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

tapion, ur an idiot

last i checked the 1st amendment only applies to american citizens, and last i checked the iranian leader isnt an american citizen

I was referring to the columbia university's invviation and the people saying: hey no um you shouldnt be able to talk here in fact we should arrest you.[/b]
    he was arrested for causing a disturbance, not what he said

Zxenke

This one? http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/24/columbia.president/ Idk who said he should be arrested in that article...

EDIT: Please help me, Idk what article we are talking about, lol

Bukowski

First of all besides being misinformed you are also generalizing by insinuating that all americans are under the same mindset. That's like me saying that all morons post on things they know nothing about....maybe some morons dont post at all (now there's an idea).

i was thinking the same its low off america to walk out when he goes talking, for not letting him to ground zero and why invite him for a speech and then try to boycot him

Banned

tapion, ur an idiot
    last i checked the 1st amendment only applies to american citizens, and last i checked the iranian leader isnt an american citizen
    he was arrested for causing a disturbance, not what he said[/b]

Wrong incident.

A new york state assemblyman said they should arrest him (the iranian president).

[]D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar

could you please give a link to an article, seems your just talking atm

Banned

Obviously, what tapion is trying to say is that they arrested the Iranian President out of spite. They didn't arrest him because he was "causing a disturbance" as he was only expressing his view points, which even though utter bullshit hasn't changed since he first started ass raping a bull. The Iranian president doesn't have freedom of speech, however, as he is not an American citizen, but he does have diplomatic immunity. Even with diplomatic immunity, the individual can be contained if he is causing a problem. Because he was only expressing his view points, and wasn't causing a problem, his right as a Diplomat were violated.

I say harass them, before they become a nuiscance. America did the right thing by putting that "retard" in jail. Let us consider the well-being of the bull

Banned

No it made sense, you are just not able to comprehend english above a 2nd grade level.[/b]
    no not really when your always sucking tapions cock

Actually it did make sense.

You just dont read the news.[/b]
    nope

Banned Senior Member

Vandy fuck off your english sucks but Ahmadanijad should be arrested or killed before he ruins the life of many people

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast