Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

I dont understand American mentality.

This is a discussion on I dont understand American mentality. within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; They rather throw birthday parties for the Queen Mum. How old is she again? 150? Oh gosh darn it, can't ...
Page: 5

Robokill

They rather throw birthday parties for the Queen Mum. How old is she again? 150? Oh gosh darn it, can't wait till she is 151![/b]
    I'm still wondering, where is Australia in all of this? :lol: h34r:

Banned

I'm still wondering, where is Australia in all of this? :lol: h34r:[/b]
    they are saying "WTF m8"

Banned

I am not much into politics, and I really hate topics like this, but I think speaking up is a good thing.

Back in 2003, before Bush decided to actually invade Iraq, we did not know if he had any WMD's of any kind in the country at all. Our objective was to go in, look for them, and thats it. He did NOT I REPEAT DID NOT TELL the american people that he would take saddam out of power. So some people supported his decision, and we believed him. Before we were actually going to invade Iraq, news reporters were already in the country showing footage of how well the iraqi's were prepared for war. But bush did not think his next move through to carefully.

Bush had recieved some intelligence photo's on his desk of a place that Saddam was staying at, an underground bunker. The file said that the information was not entirely reliable, and that Saddam would leave the next day. We had CIA agents placed inside Iraq that were bribing people close to him to get this information. So, after that, someone suggested to Bush that they take saddam out, and take the chance of him being in that bunker. So, they got a stealth bomber/fighter to leave a base in the US and they were over Iraq within the next 14 hours. Bush got on the telephone with the two pilots, and gave the code for them to destroy the bunker with a bomb. The thing that he forgot to think about was, the information was not reliable. Saddam, was not in the bunker that night. But alot of other innocent people were killed because of it. So, we lost the element of surprise to say against the iraqi's. We already had troops stationed all over the borders, and we were ready to move in, all they needed was a go code. But now, since bush did not think about it, he lost it.

Now what baffles me, is no one had actually looked at the situation in Iraq, because the US did not have any agents inside the country,not a single one, until we decided to invade. Mixed religion is a bad ordeal, and that is the case with iraq. look at their country, and how fucked up it is right now. Saddam was a horrible man yes, but he had authority and scared people with it. In order to keep those people from killing each other, it is what had to be done. The innocent killings of people/torturing is a different story, lets not get into that. So, Bush, not thinking of this, wanted to take Saddam out in the first place, Why? He told the American people that he was only looking to get WMD's, and not take saddam out of power. He now changed his objective, it was to take saddam out of power, and restore order in Iraq. It seems like he keeps changing the minds of people in order for him to seem right. Since we had lost the "element of surprise" It does not take long for people to move WMD's, when they have 3 weeks to do so. Since Bush took Saddam out of power, giving him back to the people was the MOST stupid thing he could of done. Yes, he should be put on trial in his own country, but not given back to the iraqi people. they do not see how much political influence he holds over all the people, they were still scared of him when he was alive. Now since he is dead, people think they can do what they want, killing each other off in the name of their beliefs, because of that mixed religion propaganda they hold over each other. it seems like bush does not like to think things through at all.

He just keeps taking directions we did not mean to take, like in forest gump when he just keeps on running, and since he got there, he just keeps on going. thats the same thing with bush, he has no idea why he ended up in a situation like this, so he makes up new things for the media to tell the american people. and the people dont care much about it because they arent the one fighting the war. they only care about low gas prices, and i think its funny when americans bitch about oil prices when in ireland, they are paying around 8 dollars (usd value) for a gallon of gas. Now i guess our mission in iraq is to gain oil, and to get the country back on its heels, because we fucked up so much, and dont say that the US hasnt, if you believe everything you see on TV, then your truly a fucking moron.

thats all i have to say.

Zxenke

Lol, I find it somewhat funny how everyone is like "Bush this, Bush that" Look at this...

"To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;" Article 1, Section 8, Clause 11 of the US Constitution.

Now, this pertains to the US Congress, as does everything else with Article 1. Congress is the only ones with the power to declare war. It's not as if Bush was like, lets go to war, and poof, they went. Congress had to get a majority vote. Same with all the bills to get money for war. All has to be approved by Congress (which is now majority Democrat)

"To borrow money on the credit of the United States;" Article 1, Section 8, Clause 2 of the US Constitution.

If you blame anyone for this, blame Congress, which is now majority Democrats.

EDIT: Also, Congress by far is the most powerful branch of the US government. Executive branch doesn't come anywhere near the Legislative branch.

Banned

I am not much into politics, and I really hate topics like this, but I think speaking up is a good thing.

Back in 2003, before Bush decided to actually invade Iraq, we did not know if he had any WMD's of any kind in the country at all. Our objective was to go in, look for them, and thats it. He did NOT I REPEAT DID NOT TELL the american people that he would take saddam out of power. So some people supported his decision, and we believed him. Before we were actually going to invade Iraq, news reporters were already in the country showing footage of how well the iraqi's were prepared for war. But bush did not think his next move through to carefully.

Bush had recieved some intelligence photo's on his desk of a place that Saddam was staying at, an underground bunker. The file said that the information was not entirely reliable, and that Saddam would leave the next day. We had CIA agents placed inside Iraq that were bribing people close to him to get this information. So, after that, someone suggested to Bush that they take saddam out, and take the chance of him being in that bunker. So, they got a stealth bomber/fighter to leave a base in the US and they were over Iraq within the next 14 hours. Bush got on the telephone with the two pilots, and gave the code for them to destroy the bunker with a bomb. The thing that he forgot to think about was, the information was not reliable. Saddam, was not in the bunker that night. But alot of other innocent people were killed because of it. So, we lost the element of surprise to say against the iraqi's. We already had troops stationed all over the borders, and we were ready to move in, all they needed was a go code. But now, since bush did not think about it, he lost it.

Now what baffles me, is no one had actually looked at the situation in Iraq, because the US did not have any agents inside the country,not a single one, until we decided to invade. Mixed religion is a bad ordeal, and that is the case with iraq. look at their country, and how fucked up it is right now. Saddam was a horrible man yes, but he had authority and scared people with it. In order to keep those people from killing each other, it is what had to be done. The innocent killings of people/torturing is a different story, lets not get into that. So, Bush, not thinking of this, wanted to take Saddam out in the first place, Why? He told the American people that he was only looking to get WMD's, and not take saddam out of power. He now changed his objective, it was to take saddam out of power, and restore order in Iraq. It seems like he keeps changing the minds of people in order for him to seem right. Since we had lost the "element of surprise" It does not take long for people to move WMD's, when they have 3 weeks to do so. Since Bush took Saddam out of power, giving him back to the people was the MOST stupid thing he could of done. Yes, he should be put on trial in his own country, but not given back to the iraqi people. they do not see how much political influence he holds over all the people, they were still scared of him when he was alive. Now since he is dead, people think they can do what they want, killing each other off in the name of their beliefs, because of that mixed religion propaganda they hold over each other. it seems like bush does not like to think things through at all.

He just keeps taking directions we did not mean to take, like in forest gump when he just keeps on running, and since he got there, he just keeps on going. thats the same thing with bush, he has no idea why he ended up in a situation like this, so he makes up new things for the media to tell the american people. and the people dont care much about it because they arent the one fighting the war. they only care about low gas prices, and i think its funny when americans bitch about oil prices when in ireland, they are paying around 8 dollars (usd value) for a gallon of gas. Now i guess our mission in iraq is to gain oil, and to get the country back on its heels, because we fucked up so much, and dont say that the US hasnt, if you believe everything you see on TV, then your truly a fucking moron.

thats all i have to say.[/b]
    Where is your source?

Mommy look some guy is story telling again, and its not even bed time.

if you believe everything you see on TV, then your truly a fucking moron.[/b]
    Irony.

Banned

Lol, I find it somewhat funny how everyone is like "Bush this, Bush that" Look at this...

"To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;" Article 1, Section 8, Clause 11 of the US Constitution.

Now, this pertains to the US Congress, as does everything else with Article 1. Congress is the only ones with the power to declare war. It's not as if Bush was like, lets go to war, and poof, they went. Congress had to get a majority vote. Same with all the bills to get money for war. All has to be approved by Congress (which is now majority Democrat)

"To borrow money on the credit of the United States;" Article 1, Section 8, Clause 2 of the US Constitution.

If you blame anyone for this, blame Congress, which is now majority Democrats.

EDIT: Also, Congress by far is the most powerful branch of the US government. Executive branch doesn't come anywhere near the Legislative branch.[/b]
    Have you ever heard about the term "Checks and Balance" or the word "veto"? There is no branch which is the "most powerful". Oh here are some more words for you - "books" and "read".

banaanc

navy will rebuild those barracks, what an idiots, i heard that will be some 600k

maybe US should take stars out of their flag too, cause star is symbol of communists, thus same as swastika

rofl

Banned Senior Member

This will be interesting soon when Iran gets nuc weapon (imo i think they already got it) , Israel is here in worst position.

banaanc

but interesting how does architect was thinking of when he draw that building lol

fun stuff

Banned

This will be interesting soon when Iran gets nuc weapon (imo i think they already got it) , Israel is here in worst position.[/b]
    Iran already has nuclear weapons. How is Israel in the worst postion? They have nuclear weapons aswell. The worst position is the rest of the world. Since these are all oil producing countries, when they start blowing each other up, the world will have to pick sides. To preserve American interest, do you think America will keep quiet? Hell naw. "We goin` blow some ARABS"

Banned

Were more of a target for terrorism now because we are doing something about it. Also, FYI America doesnt need coalitions of pussies who wont ever go to war anyways. Maybe you guys dont like wars cuz ur ass is still bleeding from WW2?[/b]

Vietnam and Korean War.

Who are the pussies now?

Banned

that guy was an asshole... when he was asked about his views on the holacaust (WWII, massacre of 6million jews) he said that the jews are crazy and it never happened...when we asked him to visit ground zero in new york, he said, "why for?" screw that guy...i dont care how our government treated him

Oil for Blood.[/b]
    How many iraqi's for a gallon?

another reply as soon as america was founded all its done is go to war lol

Zxenke

Have you ever heard about the term "Checks and Balance" or the word "veto"? There is no branch which is the "most powerful". Oh here are some more words for you - "books" and "read".[/b]
    Checks and balances only goes so far. Veto? Yea, for instance the House of Representatives introduces a bill for allocating money for the Iraq war. If Pres. Bush doesn't like it, he can veto it and it goes back to the House, where they need 2/3 vote to override. Veto is to stop things...that doesn't make any difference when Congress votes to actually spend money or declare war, lol. Just read the Constitution or ask any PoliSci professor, you'll see that the Congress is by far more powerful than the executive branch, lol.