Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

NBA Finals Predictions

This is a discussion on NBA Finals Predictions within the Sports forums, part of the General Entertainment category; If the big three are all on their game, it's over.. Who cares if Kobe gets his points, its the ...
Page: 8

Big Gizzle Senior Member Disturbed's Avatar

If the big three are all on their game, it's over.. Who cares if Kobe gets his points, its the other people who has to score.. No one could stop Jordan, but if Pippen and the rest didn't play well, that didn't matter... I just don't see Gasol and Lamar having huge impacts against the Celts D, but you never know.. I think if they don't clamp down on those two especially then Boston could be in for a rude awaking.. I just hope that don't happen

heheh i cant wait till game 1

i'd love to see kobe win this year and proove to everyone he aint need no shaq or w/e........

but i'd also be glad if boston wins, since those guys have been next to dirt for the past decade or so

simple182

maybe no one can defend kobe, but they will keep him out of the paint for the most, and make him a jump shooter just like they did in the 2 regular season games, and I really dont see any1 being able to stop KG and pierce, and if ray is hitting , I think lakers are in trouble. Boston in 6 h34r:[/b]
    Stop overrating the "big 3"
    They bearly got out of teams such as Hawks,Cavs, and Pistons... Celtics D is no match for Lakers offense. Kobe can get to the paitn when ever he wants. And who saids he needs to score? This the lakers offense. The whole Celtics D will collapse on kobe whne hes driving, and like the whole series, when he drives and knows he will get blocked, he can dish it out to Gasol or Odom, who will be open for the easy dunk/ lay up or he can dish it to his shooters camping the 3 point line and can easily make it. Also you guys, like alot of people, forgot the lakers BENCH. Something Celtics do not have and really need. KG and Ray allen are choking hard in the playoffs (14 ppg 40% shooting lol) and no way they will do any better against lakers. Celtics D is overrated. Yeah look at the stats they held teams in the playoffs to score low, but who did they face in the playoffs? Hawks,Cavs, and Pistons none are in the top 10 in scoreing lol.

Lakers > Celtics =)

They bearly got out of teams such as Hawks,Cavs, and Pistons... Celtics D is no match for Lakers offense. Kobe can get to the paitn when ever he wants. And who saids he needs to score? This the lakers offense. The whole Celtics D will collapse on kobe whne hes driving, and like the whole series, when he drives and knows he will get blocked, he can dish it out to Gasol or Odom, who will be open for the easy dunk/ lay up or he can dish it to his shooters camping the 3 point line and can easily make it. Also you guys, like alot of people, forgot the lakers BENCH. Something Celtics do not have and really need. KG and Ray allen are choking hard in the playoffs (14 ppg 40% shooting lol) and no way they will do any better against lakers. Celtics D is overrated. Yeah look at the stats they held teams in the playoffs to score low, but who did they face in the playoffs? Hawks,Cavs, and Pistons none are in the top 10 in scoreing lol.

Lakers > Celtics =)[/b]
    lol obviously u dont watch ANY celtics games, how in fuk is KG choking 51% FG, 21 ppg, 10 boards pg is choking ?? hes been tearing up every1 at will, and paul pierce scores whenever he wants also, and ppl just keep saying "oh u went 7 with hawks, no way you will beat cavs, oh went 7 with cavs no way they can beat DETROIT, Oh damn in finals, no way they can beat the lakers..yep keep doubting well see. and btw KG is avging 21.2 ppg, Pierce 19.0 ppg, Allen 14.2 ppg while shooting complete shit, KG 51% FG, Pierce 45%, allen at 42% and go compare those to lakers, guess whos shooting better % then your boy kobe? yup thats right KG"choking". and beating pistons is NOT easy, most experienced team in nba 4x ECF is an easy task..? pls, lakers shot 38% avg vs boston and boston shooting 49% in regular season, celtics D will collapse? o realy..gasol isnt that big of an impact, kg will own him. if kg would take 25+ shots per game he would be averaging over 30ppg also, dont let big numbers of kobe fool you.

Lakers > Celtics =)[/b]
    Yea if KG is choking in the playoffs I'd hate to see him tear it up considering he's shooting over 50%, averaging 21 ppg, almost 10 boards and his outside shooting has been dead on.. Pierce has been doing good too, only one who has struggled is Allen and in the last few games, he's was hitting good.. Celts D is overrated yet they had the best defense in the regular season also... We will just have to wait and see what happens.. Hopefully Celts put a stomping on the Lakers and show Kobe he should stick to choking chicks..

PuppyDog

Celtics do have better D yes but got good enough D to defend Kobe. whos going to gaurd kobe? ray allen? Kobe has already been through the best defender thrown at him, and thats bruce bowen. I really dont see how Celtics defense is a HUGE problem against lakers. But we will see. Also dont underrate lakers defense. their Defense is the thing that go tthem this far

Lakers in 6[/b]
    lol. Bruce Bowen. Best Defender. lol.

simple182

lol obviously u dont watch ANY celtics games, how in fuk is KG choking 51% FG, 21 ppg, 10 boards pg is choking ?? hes been tearing up every1 at will, and paul pierce scores whenever he wants also, and ppl just keep saying "oh u went 7 with hawks, no way you will beat cavs, oh went 7 with cavs no way they can beat DETROIT, Oh damn in finals, no way they can beat the lakers..yep keep doubting well see. and btw KG is avging 21.2 ppg, Pierce 19.0 ppg, Allen 14.2 ppg while shooting complete shit, KG 51% FG, Pierce 45%, allen at 42% and go compare those to lakers, guess whos shooting better % then your boy kobe? yup thats right KG"choking". and beating pistons is NOT easy, most experienced team in nba 4x ECF is an easy task..? pls, lakers shot 38% avg vs boston and boston shooting 49% in regular season, celtics D will collapse? o realy..gasol isnt that big of an impact, kg will own him. if kg would take 25+ shots per game he would be averaging over 30ppg also, dont let big numbers of kobe fool you.[/b]
    lol you wanna compare boston's big three shooting % to lakers? KG 51% vs Pau Gasol 52% LOL Pierce 45% to Odom's 48% LOL Kobe's 50% to ray allens 42% LOL
    Kobe takes 6 more shots then KG. You do not realize how good 50% shootign is especially on kobes style. Also he average 31 PPG on 50% SHOOTING
    Is this the best out of boston's leader?
    KG: 21 points 9 rebounds 3 assist 1.2Block(lol)?
    PP:19 points 5 rebounds 4 assist?
    RA:14 points 3 rebs 2 assist?
    The Boston's "Big Three" lol

Lakers "Big Three":
    KB:31 points 6 rebs 5 assist
    Pau:17 points 8 rebounds 4 assist 2.5 Block
    LO: 14 points 10 rebs 2 assists 1.4 block

ermm yeah, boston big three doing better then lakers? mmmm doesnt look like it.

Now now, lets take a look at their benches, and clearly Lakers is better.

Now you talking about the pistons 4x ECF appearance? Wow. Thats too funny. Who the hell is a competition in the East besides Pistons? NOONE. They are all unexperienced team. Pistons are not even that good anymore since they lost ben wallace. the only reason Boston and detroit has that many wins, is because they mostly play east teams.
    Lakers played Nuggets, Jazz, Spurs. Compare that to Hawks, Cavaliers, Pistons. lol... thats the only reason Cavs reached the finals last year because every teams sucks and pistons always choke.

And seriously though, bringing up Boston beating Lakers means nothing at all. Its funny how boston fans like you bring that up to make your self feel better. Obviously lakers did not have Pau Gasol, who is 10x more experienced then bynum. And ever laker has gotten better.
    Also 1 major difference from now then before is Lamar odom. Ever since Pau came, Odom has been putting up huge numbers. Odom is 2x better then he was when he played boston also lakers have gasol, its almost a whole new different team then before.

Also i meant to say just Ray allen choke not KG. But KG is not doing that soo great as well lol.

Anyways, Lakers are clealy the better team in this playoffs so far.

lol. Bruce Bowen. Best Defender. lol.[/b]
    Yes sir. Bruce Bowen is the best perimeter defender in the NBA no doub about that.

ALso forgot to mention. if Ray Allen is shooting terrible, there is no way he can shoot any better over Kobe's defense lol

I personally think Battier is a much better outside defender then Bowen.. Kobe averaged about 33 ppg but shot a crappy 40% while Battier was doing most of the guarding.. Bowen isn't the best, he's one of the best...

Against the Spurs and little better defenders, Gasol shot 44% and averaged 13 ppg, Lamar Odom shot 40% and averaged 12 ppg.. They need a little better numbers against the Celtics which has a better D then SA.. Unless the Lakers bench really really picks it up.. Celtics aren't my favorite team, I just hate the Lakers and I hope they go down, but if they win it wouldn't bother me a whole lot..

P.S.
    I still wish KG would have won his second MVP and become the first man since THE MAN MJ to win the defensive player of the year award and MVP in the same season... Props to Kobe though, he finally figured out how to make his teammates better..

wow.. contradictory to what everyone thought, the celtics took the first game >.< and by 10 points~! they did pretty well in the 4th quarter

oldboy

that last 5 minutes was a disgrace....what was it 7 missed shots?! my god gasol/fisher and vujacik(w/e ) missed open threes that were like 6 inched in the hoop

Awesome shooting game by Kobe lol... 9 of 26 from the field.. Hope he continues to shoot like that.. Good game though, pretty close till the end... Come on Boston three more to go!!!!

Woot Celts up 2-0, even though Lakers came back from a big deficit.. I&#39;ll tell you though, no one is more of a whiny bitch then Kobe. No wonder he led the NBA in technicals this year.. Always crying if he misses a shot.. Now the real challenge for Boston, if they can win in LA...

Woot Celts up 2-0, even though Lakers came back from a big deficit.. I&#39;ll tell you though, no one is more of a whiny bitch then Kobe. No wonder he led the NBA in technicals this year.. Always crying if he misses a shot.. Now the real challenge for Boston, if they can win in LA...[/b]
    Bos will take 1 for sure in LA if not finish it there..but id like to see them close it out in game 6 at boston

Good game by Kobe and the Lakers tonight..

Good game by Kobe and the Lakers tonight..[/b]
    +1

now the series much more exciting to watch :P 3-0 woulda been pretty boring xD now its exciting again~!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast