Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

MINOR COOLDOWN, PROVE TO UNFAIRNESS

This is a discussion on MINOR COOLDOWN, PROVE TO UNFAIRNESS within the BETA chat forums, part of the Archive category; Dual minoring was always a bug they fixed it good. Maybe you should've known it was a bug and actually ...
Page: 4

Dual minoring was always a bug they fixed it good.
    Maybe you should've known it was a bug and actually chosen another class as this was one day going to come.
    And if you have so much "skills" it shouldn't be hard to come with a new way to minor.
    I was also a rogue and it was my favorite class but unfortunately they were like tanks so something had to be done.[/b]

Exactly... Dual minor is exactly like ctrl+right click minor was. When they removed that, rogues all threw a fit just like now.. Then they found dual minor(another way to bug minor) and shut up.. Now mgame is fixing that too, now more crying.. zzz

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

From the genral feedback I been giving from various people I don't think any sin with skill or an open mind will struggle.

If it caused loads of crappy sins to quit then I am all for it. It is just a turning point on how rouge will have to be played.

Reminds me when they never get Guile from SFII new skills because he was classed as too stong.

Wiggle

Dual minor is not a bug. No human can press two buttons exactly at the same time and because of the random difference in the small interval between the time your first and second fingers press minor, even when you are pressing the two buttons together, you end up minoring at two different points in time. You are not using the same skill twice at the same time.

Not to mention, by considerably reducing their healing capability, it also makes assassins weaker relative to the other classes. I am absolutely against it unless maybe a similar adjustment is made for the other classes as well.[/b]
    It was and is a bug. As for humans pressing 2 buttons at the same time - close enough - milliseconds - is good enough.

What adjustments do to other classes do you suggest. No other class has a similar capability...... May be activate the mage MP bonus in PVP, give warriors truely spammable skills and rogues can keep there dual minor

BillClinton

I suggest no adjustment at all. The game is fine as it is.

Minor is spammable, so you can use it as many times as you like, as many milliseconds apart as you like. I see no bug.

This will cause many good sins to quit. An open mind will not help much since, like I mentioned above, the cooldown is imposing a "skill cap" on sins. You can work around what you have, but the overall potential of sins will be significantly reduced.

Funny thing is , there was alot of sins kicking alot of ass on Beta.. And running mostly on minor healing..How did they manage but you assume you cant?

Wiggle

Good sins will accept the challenge and adjust - mediocre sins will quit/reskill or just continue to cry.
    Its a skill adjustment. Adjust or play another game.

BillClinton

Funny thing is , there was alot of sins kicking alot of ass on Beta.. And running mostly on minor healing..How did they manage but you assume you cant?[/b]

Were they running on minor only or on minor + hp pot?
    I don't assume, I conclude I can't either way because I did the math.

Were they running on minor only or on minor + hp pot?
    I don't assume, I conclude I can't either way because I did the math.[/b]

I fought with and against a few rogues using only minor, they did just fine in vs and party pk.. Also fought with and against rogues using hp+minor who seemed to fair a slight bit better.. But in no way has the cooldown caused the rogue to be a bad class.. On my archer I tested, and I could burn a whole soulpot in the cooldown of the soul, I don't see a problem healing with that???

Btw you can sit there and do math all night, it's not gonna come to the actual conclusion of what happens in-game with many variables you leaving out.

BillClinton

I fought with and against a few rogues using only minor, they did just fine in vs and party pk.. Also fought with and against rogues using hp+minor who seemed to fair a slight bit better.. But in no way has the cooldown caused the rogue to be a bad class.. On my archer I tested, and I could burn a whole soulpot in the cooldown of the soul, I don't see a problem healing with that???

Btw you can sit there and do math all night, it's not gonna come to the actual conclusion of what happens in-game with many variables you leaving out.[/b]

Wait a minute. You were able to minor 1920 mana within one pot time which is around 2 seconds? You were able to use 19 minors in 2 seconds? This is possible if the cooldown is less than 0.1 seconds and your minoring is perfect to the millisecond.

Are you saying the cooldown is less than 0.1 seconds? From what i heard its 0.3 or 0.2.

Wait a minute. You were able to minor 1920 mana within one pot time which is around 2 seconds? You were able to use 19 minors in 2 seconds? This is possible if the cooldown is less than 0.1 seconds and your minoring is perfect to the millisecond.

Are you saying the cooldown is less than 0.1 seconds? From what i heard its 0.3 or 0.2.[/b]

More like 1800 mana, don't you use any skills? Or just stand there minoring yourself? Btw just for the record I was using right click to minor, not sure if that affects it at all..

And btw the only reason people are saying its .3 seconds is because of the world championship client they rippped apart.. There is no solid evidence this is actually the cooldown involved in the beta client. To me it seems more like .1.

BillClinton

More like 1800 mana, don't you use any skills? Or just stand there minoring yourself? Btw just for the record I was using right click to minor, not sure if that affects it at all..[/b]

So, you are saying that there is no cooldown for right-click minor? Can anyone else confirm this?

So, you are saying that there is no cooldown for right-click minor? Can anyone else confirm this?[/b]

Do you even read? No I didn't say that.. o.O What I'm saying is the cooldown is NOT .3 or even .2. .2 = 5 minors a second or 10 minors a soulpot you can DEFINATELY do more then that in beta.

On a side note, every good sin I've talked to that tried beta really didn't have much problem with the new cooldown.. Some even liked it.. Have you even tried it?

snipelord

i didn't add an extra.. 600hp+ 720hp + 600hp + 1920 mp in 4 seconds so you go hp soul hp soul...

BillClinton

Do you even read? No I didn't say that.. o.O[/b]

Yes, I read. From what I know the cooldown is 0.2 or 0.3 seconds. You are saying you burnt 1800 mana in 2 seconds. That's possible if the cooldown is 0.11 seconds.

You edited your post. So does anyone here know how much the cooldown really is?

snipelord

my .2 was a guess btw

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    08-17-2012, 06:06 AM