This is a discussion on No Drama KO - releasing soon! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Decerto
I already see myself PKin with smash sumtin and chop suey on playlist. (<3 zero )
Not happening, huh?
The jury's still out on that one.
In the process of moving house (it's been non-stop busy-ness here!) - so I probably won't be on from next Monday possibly until the end of that week (or the start of the next, depending on how quick it takes them to transfer it all over).
When I get a large enough spare moment though.
I have been working on the server itself a little since my last update, but most of the focus I've been able to spare on it is on smaller stuff I wouldn't normally place focus on (i.e. clientside anticheat), which is actually good because it means when we do release, I'll be fully prepared - and not have as many less important to-do projects lingering around.
Last edited by twostars; 02-21-2011 at 03:31 AM.
i never had to wait 6 month's for a server, this better be good twoy!
Well this will be good
Even betas pk was awesome
Even tho it died in few days
nevertheless we shall see this awesome server rise and PWN
Good things take time.
bump for the only hope i have left in private servers.
as my wise bola friend said at once
ppl just play ko for money nowadays not for fun , that's why Knight Online is dying slowly and slowly , within the days.Private-Farm Server always will die cus of lack of people that doesnt give a shit about the work of other neither about the real effort that some1 puts on it , if they can't have gg gear they leave , so "its not usko ,so it doesnt matter cus i wont gain money with a ps".
- Login, nation selection, character list, character creation, character selection,
- Player info (name, stats inventory, etc.),
- Player-to-player interaction (i.e. chat)/movement/towning,
- Party system,
- Item system (moving/swapping, deleting),
- Inn system,
- Trade system,
- Merchant system,
- Friend lists,
- Regular player/NPC attack logic,
- Premium system (actual benefits still to be implemented once we've decided on them!),
- Main skill system logic,
- Skills type 1 - 5,
- Skill type 6 (for the most part, just CSW stuff left),
- Skill type 8,
- Skills type 7 (NPC related, so I'm holding it off until the AI logic is completed to properly make use of it [i.e. the 'provoke' skill]) & 9 (more or less visibility state changing skills, though it does house the miscellaneous skills also [used moreso in conjunction with other skills]),
- Use of warp gates,
- Anvil (item upgrades),
- Compound accessories,
- Respawn points,
- Clan creation, invite requests, clan list, changing a member's power (i.e. making them assist.), capes, clan symbols, etc.,
- Alliance system (just needs to be finished off, otherwise virtually completed),
- Rental system (getting it done here and there, rarely used system anyway),
- King system (structure laid out [update: stubbed out the entire system, need to implement my eventable system before I start]),
- Game event & (will be included as part of it) war system (also, all the random fiddly events KO has - CSW, FT, BDW, etc.) / eventable system,
- Expanded on the above to make the overall server faster/more efficient,
-- Lunar War code's implemented. Haven't had time to run through it yet, but it's there at least.
-- (Not all) Actual event code has yet to be written, but it's all currently interfaced.
- Spawning (and permanently erasing/saving in-game) NPCs/mobs,
- NPC drop system,
- Main NPC client event triggers (ex. scripted NPCs),
- NPC shops,
- Scripting engine,
- AI movement & waypoints (update: implemented proper pathfinding)
- AI aggro logic,
- AI attack calculations (differ slightly to player calculations, so I'll separate only the calculations - otherwise it's all integrated with the player stuff),
- AI attack logic,
- Wrote out most of the rewards distribution code - both as mgame does it, and how I preferred it done (NP transferring useless, anyone? ),
- Loading (and automated reloading) of user, monthly user & clan rankings,
- Collision (leaving it 'til last [update: outlined support for it, started working out the updated client map file structure]).
I see 4 things to still fix :P gogo two, hope the server works with all the new stuff btw lol.
The rest I kinda agree with, people love to be the best. The fact that any dumbass can make a private server now a days leads to the good servers losing population, because the people at the bottom of the "NP List" get bored/mad and end up quitting for another server where they have a shot at being the best.
If it was up to me there would only be one PK, one Farm server, however, people have to keep trying to be the best (That goes for devs as well as players), so they can't fold and just play a good server they have to try and top it even if they can't.
O well shit happens, this will definitely be the best server KO has see in a while when it actually launches no matter what.
Looks like someone else's beating Twostars to it.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KJ8I2qiOo]YouTube - KnightOnline 1453 Source 1061 Old - Skill Work .mp4[/ame]
If you track back his first movie, he's been working on an emulator since spring 2010.
Last edited by Abel; 03-04-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Have you got any proof whatsoever, aside from twostars claiming it himself (what a surprise /sarcasme).
Stop overrating people and start seeing things in a more realistic way. Boasting over his so called 'skills' isn't going to be constructive in any way, it's only going to give twostars an even better feeling about himself (if his self-esteem isn't high enough yet...).
Best case scenario twostars will be able to release a server emulated like SexyKO (but it isn't going to be released before there will rise 1 or 2 other emulators, and you know what that means..), which he should be glad of if he manages to.