Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 166

Town thingy

This is a discussion on Town thingy within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; i didn't even notice the 80% stuff.... That's amazing ... It makes you feel a hero being able to town ...
Page: 6


  1. #76
    DjKeViN2
    Guest

    Default

    i didn't even notice the 80% stuff.... That's amazing ... It makes you feel a hero being able to town like tha, with all those hh's!

  2. #77
    Senior Member orko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lima - Peru
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horror View Post
    obviously 'everbody' doesn't find it pleasant because freestyler posted against it

    Freestyler is a friend from pathos and a good player indeed, but that doesnt make his preferences globally accepted.

    i didn't call myself the majority, i made a general statement about majority fairness saying that to have it, everyone involved (with he game) needs to have involvement with it (its changes) for there to be a true 'majority'

    Majority fairness? I dont understand whats /town has to do with "fairness"

    freestyler is known to be good pker, and not a /town abuser, and he dislikes it.

    Actually, he was never a town abuser, he would always die before towning. However I sence some frustration in his post as he couldnt do a good duo with mak right now. Its because everybody have same lvl and gear, like that, its imposible to take on 8 average players.


    i'm a good pker, don't abuse town, and dislike it

    You and most people who prefer to town before sticking up and fight till dead in most situation are town abusers, you just dont realize it, you have been playing the game with the /town function as a "skill", probably even more important than your spike.

    i didn't read anything else you wrote because it was obvious that most of what i did read was biased

    I kindda expected that tbh, you also prolly skipped some pages of this topic too... hehe. And get your definition of biased straight.
    Next time read people post so that you can accurately respond.

  3. #78
    (\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    5,868

    Default

    heres an idea............


    rogues use LF to get away
    warriors get a shield
    priests use gate
    and mages use gate



    problem solved? GREAT!


    No one has given a SINGLE good reason for us to remove the /town back down to 50%. All the reasons so far can easily be summarized into: "I'm not sure how good people are until they spike me, so I want the option to town after they spike me." Here's an idea for those people. Don't. Go. Into. Colony. Zone. It's a PK zone, it is not meant to be safe. There a lot of bonuses to colony zone including, but not limited to, higher xp, non-agroing mobs, and many fast respawning bosses. The risk to these bonuses is that you may be killed, lose half your gold, and lose 50np. The 80% town feature is meant to keep all of you accountable to that risk. We, the staff, have felt that players have forgotten those risks due to the 50% town limit, so we increased it to 80% to make those risks once again a part of the game.

  4. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post
    Next time read people post so that you can accurately respond.
    I would read all of your writing if when I did, there weren't constant contradictions.

    In your first reply you said "everyone hating the /town change are people who always abused it", after seeing that freestyler started the topic.

    In your last reply you said "freestyler is a good 'friend' from pathos, would never abuse town, and always stays and fights as opposed to towning.

    Did you change your mind after you saw that you had called the general population with the 'against the change' view 'abusers' when one of your friends was a part of it?
    Or did you make the likely assumption - that he is the sole skilled player that has any form of an argument that isn't another reason to enable the abuse of the ability? Editing...

  5. #80
    MaRiNeChato
    Guest

    Default

    Die with Honor... Fight back.

  6. #81

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaRiNeChato View Post
    Die with Honor... Fight back.
    or play sin and run like rabbit

  7. #82
    Senior Member ::Tsunami::'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    heres an idea............


    rogues use LF to get away
    warriors get a shield
    priests use gate
    and mages use gate



    problem solved? GREAT!


    No one has given a SINGLE good reason for us to remove the /town back down to 50%. All the reasons so far can easily be summarized into: "I'm not sure how good people are until they spike me, so I want the option to town after they spike me." Here's an idea for those people. Don't. Go. Into. Colony. Zone. It's a PK zone, it is not meant to be safe. There a lot of bonuses to colony zone including, but not limited to, higher xp, non-agroing mobs, and many fast respawning bosses. The risk to these bonuses is that you may be killed, lose half your gold, and lose 50np. The 80% town feature is meant to keep all of you accountable to that risk. We, the staff, have felt that players have forgotten those risks due to the 50% town limit, so we increased it to 80% to make those risks once again a part of the game.

    well said, can't agree more

  8. #83
    MaRiNeChato
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darklust View Post
    or play sin and run like rabbit
    That is a gay idea!! XD

  9. #84
    Senior Member orko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lima - Peru
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horror View Post
    I would read all of your writing if when I did, there weren't constant contradictions.
    I actually never contradicted myself, I said "everyone hating the /town change are people who always abused it", but free its not hating it, he just doesnt care for it, so as he stated if this stays he'll be gone. All the haters of it, like you, are trying to get it change. There is a big difference between hating and indiference.

    So please dont try to act cool, by finding twitches in my writing...

  10. #85
    Senior Member SlmShady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post
    I actually never contradicted myself, I said "everyone hating the /town change are people who always abused it", but free its not hating it, he just doesnt care for it, so as he stated if this stays he'll be gone. All the haters of it, like you, are trying to get it change. There is a big difference between hating and indiference.

    So please dont try to act cool, by finding twitches in my writing...
    So...what you're saying is he's actually right but you won't admit it so you try to use technicalities to get out of it?

  11. #86
    Senior Member orko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lima - Peru
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlmShady View Post
    So...what you're saying is he's actually right but you won't admit it so you try to use technicalities to get out of it?
    technicalities to get out of it? I have no problems admiting when i make mistakes. But, I ask you to read my response very slow this time, and think for a while about it before posting. Hes trying to dismiss my opinion by trying to find any mistakes in my writing. That is what you should be calling a technicality

  12. #87
    To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chapterhouse
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    heres an idea............


    rogues use LF to get away
    warriors get a shield
    priests use gate
    and mages use gate



    problem solved? GREAT!


    No one has given a SINGLE good reason for us to remove the /town back down to 50%. All the reasons so far can easily be summarized into: "I'm not sure how good people are until they spike me, so I want the option to town after they spike me." Here's an idea for those people. Don't. Go. Into. Colony. Zone. It's a PK zone, it is not meant to be safe. There a lot of bonuses to colony zone including, but not limited to, higher xp, non-agroing mobs, and many fast respawning bosses. The risk to these bonuses is that you may be killed, lose half your gold, and lose 50np. The 80% town feature is meant to keep all of you accountable to that risk. We, the staff, have felt that players have forgotten those risks due to the 50% town limit, so we increased it to 80% to make those risks once again a part of the game.
    ACTUALLY


    Gate isnt insta failsafe cast spell thingy, u dumb green jelly! But better than some stupid shield or utterly pointless lf xD


    If it would be up to me id remove /town completly or allow it only in safe zones. Reminds me of bsoe >.<

  13. #88
    Senior Member nirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeeP View Post
    The way i see it, when 4 guys run against 8 now they wont even bother to try fight them, (ofc dont forget people dont care about nps in the beta) if its unfair -> town early
    Lol good point there.... I totally agree with this one

  14. #89
    Senior Member SlmShady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post
    I actually never contradicted myself, I said "everyone hating the /town change are people who always abused it", but free its not hating it, he just doesnt care for it, so as he stated if this stays he'll be gone. All the haters of it, like you, are trying to get it change. There is a big difference between hating and indiference.

    So please dont try to act cool, by finding twitches in my writing...
    Just because hes not being an obnoxious crying idiot like most people does not mean he feels differently. How exactly do you define "hate"? Where is the line drawn that defines whether someone simply dislikes it or hates it, which in turn would make them a "/town abuser"?

    How do you know how strongly a person feels about it? It seems like it may be pretty important to a person who says he is not going to play the server if it stays at 80%. I'd hardly call his basing of his decision whether to play the server or not on this issue indifference towards it.

    There's no way out of it. If your statement is true, Freestyler is a /town abuser, and if you say he's not, your statement is invalidated. Stop trying to insult people by telling them to read your post slowly. The fact is you're the one who is wrong, and rereading your post 1000 times at 1 word per minute won;t change that.

  15. #90
    Senior Member MeeP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    2,254

    Default

    It was 50% back then, i see no good reason to change it now.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •