Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

25jan steam+ new server launches

This is a discussion on 25jan steam+ new server launches within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by azreal313 Lmfao you're a retard, I've played WoW since vanilla, Aion, GW2, Lineage 2, Wildstar, Archeage, SW:TOR, ...
Page: 10

Quote Originally Posted by azreal313 View Post
    Lmfao you're a retard, I've played WoW since vanilla, Aion, GW2, Lineage 2, Wildstar, Archeage, SW:TOR, Runescape and countless others.
    and yet you said gw2 had p2w shop?

dude, the more i see your comments, the more i facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by NatGeo View Post
    Q: Will in-game events be the same?
    A: Yes, but the schedule will be adjusted for the server time (EST). More information will come in the next week.
    from the Q&A on official forum
    Thank you sir, i really hope they would promote this like an actual gaming companies do.

eh, damn you ko4life, I cant be bothered to fix a point by point reply, to razor of all people. It will have to remain unsaid.

Quote Originally Posted by eupheuz View Post
    and yet you said gw2 had p2w shop?

dude, the more i see your comments, the more i facepalm
    You can literally buy in-game money with USD, and with that in-game money you can buy the best items in the game, you can buy boosters that give you more movement speed, attack damage etc that all make you stronger than someone who doesn't pay in the game, that game is as P2W as KO is if not MORE so, and before you say Edge of the Mists doesn't have any way to buy gear, it doesn't matter because EotM isn't real PvP, WvW is real PvP and you can buy retardedly big advantages there with IRL money.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    At this point for some reason the argument has devolved into whether new players will stay or not. Do you honestly believe that they would? I'll give you 3 reasons why nobody will stick around for even a week:

1. The game looks and plays like garbage. It's really outdated. Who the hell is gonna bother getting to at least 55 to try the "best pk" when you're already disgusted at level 1? Not to mention the prem-less grind (nobody is buying npoints if they're new) that is rather slow for a game in 2016.

2. This is steam, there are 2000000 other mmos or games to try out there with no strings attached at all if you choose to press uninstall. I can only imagine that the people picking up KO do it because they're super bored or their computers cannot handle any better.

3. Playerbases are volatile, now more than ever. We've endured probably hundreds of bugs, slaps in the face, "Non-premium users cannot login at this time", dupes, frauds, etc. Do you think any new player would tolerate even 1/10 of that? Not to mention the truckloads of problems that this release will probably carry along (nothing is ever smooth with KO).

The people that still play KO do it because they grew up with it. I generalize because I know how the majority of these '00 kids think and behave. You on the other hand seem to be new to the internet.
    Well said. Lol for hype. These kids gonna get bored in a couple of weeks until something bright and shiny appears in the horizon that looks the same but "different" yeah right.

You can literally buy in-game money with USD, and with that in-game money you can buy the best items in the game, you can buy boosters that give you more movement speed, attack damage etc that all make you stronger than someone who doesn't pay in the game, that game is as P2W as KO is if not MORE so, and before you say Edge of the Mists doesn't have any way to buy gear, it doesn't matter because EotM isn't real PvP, WvW is real PvP and you can buy retardedly big advantages there with IRL money.
    Any game with an economy where people can buy and sell items is potentially pay2win... independent of the business model the game uses. Someone out there is willing to pay, then someone out there will sell it to them.

****plays money money money theme song frm the apprentice***

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongfury View Post
    Any game with an economy where people can buy and sell items is potentially pay2win... independent of the business model the game uses. Someone out there is willing to pay, then someone out there will sell it to them.

****plays money money money theme song frm the apprentice***
    That's exactly my point though, people claiming *cough* razor *cough* that the "Pay to win" aspect of the game will turn everyone off, when in reality, every fucking F2P MMO right now is as P2W as KO.

That's exactly my point though, people claiming *cough* razor *cough* that the "Pay to win" aspect of the game will turn everyone off, when in reality, every fucking F2P MMO right now is as P2W as KO.
    that's far from truth , because a lot games like WoW , Neverwinter , AION and TERA all offer a stuff for cash that's true but they are also games where people without donating can own, and become the best. As far it goes for KO you can't do anything without donating or buying from anothers as the PVE aspect is poor.
    razor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    that's far from truth , because a lot games like WoW , Neverwinter , AION and TERA all offer a stuff for cash that's true but they are also games where people without donating can own, and become the best. As far it goes for KO you can't do anything without donating or buying from anothers as the PVE aspect is poor.
    WoW isn't F2P, and sure you can become the best without paying anything in KO, it'll just take you ages, that's the point of a F2P game, let them play for free but make it slow enough to get stronger that they feel inclined to buy premiums etc.

Anything you can buy from the PUS you can buy in-game from other players who use the PUS, you just have to work your ass off and farm.

WoW isn't F2P, and sure you can become the best without paying anything in KO, it'll just take you ages, that's the point of a F2P game, let them play for free but make it slow enough to get stronger that they feel inclined to buy premiums etc.

Anything you can buy from the PUS you can buy in-game from other players who use the PUS, you just have to work your ass off and farm.
    nor is KO , it's far from F2P already at login you're forced to buy a premium if you wish to test the game out or play it lol

nor is KO , it's far from F2P already at login you're forced to buy a premium if you wish to test the game out or play it lol
    No you're not? Sure, Midgard you have to have Premium to log into Midgard 1 because that shit is crazy populated but any other server doesn't require Premium to log into without experiencing a queue.

No you're not? Sure, Midgard you have to have Premium to log into Midgard 1 because that shit is crazy populated but any other server doesn't require Premium to log into without experiencing a queue.
    exactly, there is a reason it's Pay to play. IS KO really that populated they are in need of a queue or it's just a way to milk more cash because no one wants to wait? I get the queue on WoW as there is shitloads of players compared to KO, but even there is very rarely a queue.
    NuclearWinter likes this.

exactly, there is a reason it's Pay to play. IS KO really that populated they are in need of a queue or it's just a way to milk more cash because no one wants to wait? I get the queue on WoW as there is shitloads of players compared to KO, but even there is very rarely a queue.
    Okay, you're clearly a retard, not gonna bother talking to you anymore.

I'm not sure how USKO works now as its been awhile for me, but if all the events are only on server #1 still, and you need prem to get into server #1, then that right there kinda makes it pay to play since its near impossible to get in and fully experience the game.

Not to mention gear to actually be competitive would take ages to farm manually. Sure maybe at the beginning of a server you can get away with it, but imagine trying to start on Ares today with a level 1 and spending $0. Not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Steez View Post
    I'm not sure how USKO works now as its been awhile for me, but if all the events are only on server #1 still, and you need prem to get into server #1, then that right there kinda makes it pay to play since its near impossible to get in and fully experience the game.

Not to mention gear to actually be competitive would take ages to farm manually. Sure maybe at the beginning of a server you can get away with it, but imagine trying to start on Ares today with a level 1 and spending $0. Not fun.
    You only need premium to log onto Midgard 1, the most populated and newest server right now, the rest you can get on without premium, and I have to say no shit you're going to have a bad time starting fresh on Ares, that server has been up for like a decade, I don't see how that's relevant in the slightest. People who have played for years and years and years more than you will have an advantage, that's simply a given in any competitive game. People are claiming that you literally can't play the game unless you spend a shitload of money, which is a blatant lie, you can play the game and you can even get to a decent state without paying a fucking dime, it will take you a while, but that's how F2P games work.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast