Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

25jan steam+ new server launches

This is a discussion on 25jan steam+ new server launches within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by mortal They don't have to, because if they win steam community and get them play active they ...
Page: 8

Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    They don't have to, because if they win steam community and get them play active they have cash for life. Nor they can re-launch a new server every other month in a steam, because unlike turk people steam users wouldn't love to re-donate everytime. They rather quit, and download the next suggested mmo from steam library.

edit reason : updated question, is there a female orc mage nowdays?
    But coompanies like money. If they can release a steam server, and release an NTT server and be successful and make money, they will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adi View Post
    It would attract many old players, new ones as well probably that's true but the question is how long will it take till they consider moving to USKO instead.
    Keep in mind that it doesn't mean they won't release a USKO server in few months as well.

After all, this whole steam release will look like actual USKO and current USKO will look more like EUKO-TRKO I'd say.
    Once all these Turks got used to having low ping, I'll be surprised if they would actually play the Steam version and enjoy as they do in USKO at the moment.
    That's why I have some doubts.

As for the in-game announcements, should mostly be in English but depends on the crowd I guess, if they'll have many Turks there then you'll be able to see some announcements in Turkish as well most likely.

/EDIT
    One more important point, they'll adjust current events for US time zone as it seems, so that would be a negative thing for Europeans/Turks.

Fuck those guys. I would be delighted with 250 ping. Beats the 400-600 I get on eu servers.
    BaanNekTharious likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongfury View Post
    But coompanies like money. If they can release a steam server, and release an NTT server and be successful and make money, they will do it.
    ah yeah yes you're right =p I though you meant they'd open a second , and third server for steam that wouldn't work. If that is the case, they would ruin it for steam users. Oh well, guess we have to wait and see ^-^

Last edited by regiss; 01-13-2016 at 04:19 PM.
    Adi likes this.

I'm excited to finally have USKO events that I can actually attend because they're not at retarded times for NA players :P
    NuclearWinter likes this.

My fear is that new players will log in by curiosity; they will see the bad graphics,bugged quests, and the community. I bet over 85% newcommers will quit the game but i really hope the server gets active and is actually really crowded in pvp etc. IMO knight online is not very ''new users friendly''.

Quote Originally Posted by alex987 View Post
    My fear is that new players will log in by curiosity; they will see the bad graphics,bugged quests, and the community. I bet over 85% newcommers will quit the game but i really hope the server gets active and is actually really crowded in pvp etc. IMO knight online is not very ''new users friendly''.
    I'm sure new players will be intrigued when everyone they talk to who plays KO will say that the PvP is some of the best you can get in an MMO, the game is a lot more user friendly now than it was even a few years ago, even if a few people try it and stick around, KO will have a healthier community because of it, we don't need troves of people, just a supplement to help stimulate the population of the game.

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by azreal313 View Post
    I'm sure new players will be intrigued when everyone they talk to who plays KO will say that the PvP is some of the best you can get in an MMO, the game is a lot more user friendly now than it was even a few years ago, even if a few people try it and stick around, KO will have a healthier community because of it, we don't need troves of people, just a supplement to help stimulate the population of the game.
    the thing you gotta understand is the type of person who plays most OTHER MMOS doesnt care about PvP at all. they log a game and if it isnt beauitful or doesnt have cool items, nice visuals, a good story etc they log right back out. For example I play a LOT of guild wars 2, the majority of that playerbase would never touch Knight online , sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
    the thing you gotta understand is the type of person who plays most OTHER MMOS doesnt care about PvP at all. they log a game and if it isnt beauitful or doesnt have cool items, nice visuals, a good story etc they log right back out. For example I play a LOT of guild wars 2, the majority of that playerbase would never touch Knight online , sadly.
    That's completely false :P I've played pretty much every big MMO that's come out in the last 10 years, people will put up with shitty graphics for good gameplay, and Knight Online is a PvP game so that's its biggest draw and its focus on gameplay. Hundreds of thousands of people still play Runescape for christ's sake :P and new players still join that game and it looks like shit.

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

That's completely false :P I've played pretty much every big MMO that's come out in the last 10 years, people will put up with shitty graphics for good gameplay, and Knight Online is a PvP game so that's its biggest draw and its focus on gameplay. Hundreds of thousands of people still play Runescape for christ's sake :P and new players still join that game and it looks like shit.
    imo runescape is because of ease of access, no downloads, holds your hand to beginw ith, you just go chop some trees. What MMO is PvP ONLY oriented like KO with grindy exp that people can compare it to? there is none that are popular. I stay with my original statement.

Runescape is also super easy to play, is browser based, costs next to nothing and has a huge community of schoolkids. The game play on KO really isn't that great either if we're comparing it to the other big MMORPGs out there.

Is it super fun to play when your on top, geared with a crew of dudes to play with and alot of experience... ofc it is there's a reason we're all still here. If you're starting out knowing no-one, coming from a game like WoW or something (just an example don't get heated), then you'd probably think the games shit and overpriced. I just can't personally see people who play other MMOs where subscriptions are under $10 and you can gear relatively quickly and for 0 dollars coming to a game like KO, spending $50 on 1 months premium, getting shat on and then continuing to play.

I hope I'm wrong, I really hope the server takes off as I'll be playing it myself, but I just can't see it. Its certainly the most likely server to really take off that's come out in the last 5 or so years.
    Last edited by Lavie; 01-13-2016 at 06:41 PM.
    ::Tsunami:: and NuclearWinter like this.

Just realised it comes out at 7 PM EST, you poor Europeans are gonna have to chug energy drinks :P

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by regiss View Post
    The only bullshit here comes from the usko fanboys.

Spoken like a clueless dude who has only played KO in his entire life. Visuals play a HUGE part for this generation of players. Nobody likes grinding either (notion often tied, rightfully, to korean mmos).

i have exams till the 1st of February, so ill be late for all the hype :/

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast