Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

25jan steam+ new server launches

This is a discussion on 25jan steam+ new server launches within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I have some hopes as well that steam would change something and hopefully bring more English speaking players to the ...
Page: 4

I have some hopes as well that steam would change something and hopefully bring more English speaking players to the community, but on the other side I have this feeling that nothing's going to change.

If somehow KO begins to have new players... people who just found out about the game... they gon experience great trouble whether or not to play it. Imagine if 2-3 clans of players playing the game over 10 years now go in that new server, those new ppl will stand no chance against experienced players. Not to mention how everyone will go crazy ALT + F4, UNINSTALL/DELETE KO if they figure a single accessory (lets say a ring) can cost that fking much.
    ::Tsunami:: likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Options View Post
    I have some hopes as well that steam would change something and hopefully bring more English speaking players to the community, but on the other side I have this feeling that nothing's going to change.

If somehow KO begins to have new players... people who just found out about the game... they gon experience great trouble whether or not to play it. Imagine if 2-3 clans of players playing the game over 10 years now go in that new server, those new ppl will stand no chance against experienced players. Not to mention how everyone will go crazy ALT + F4, UNINSTALL/DELETE KO if they figure a single accessory (lets say a ring) can cost that fking much.
    The top players that server hop always need people to fill clans. They don't go 30+ deep at a time. Anyone speaking english and willing to learn the game on the steam server will have a chance.

That's the reason why I think you'll be able to logg into the steam server without prem

If you needed prem to logg in and it's gunna be full for sure, new players won't be able to join...

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by snipes View Post
    Everything, LITERALLY everything you just mentioned can be bought with ingame cash for zero dollars...
    Yup, day one too!

It's a lot of things to buy, a ridiculous amount to stay competitive.

Undy
    350 ac
    red pot
    dex
    wolf
    prem
    pathos
    valk
    (sw if not rogue)
    duration items
    edit: wings

Every month, to remain competitive in pvp ;D Then you forget that you can't really make money in-game since solo farming, group farming, bossing, doing events, etc. has all but become pointless.
    Last edited by razor; 01-13-2016 at 09:10 AM.
    NuclearWinter and ilovebikini like this.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Yup, day one too!

Undy
    350 ac
    red pot
    dex
    wolf
    prem
    pathos
    valk
    (sw if not rogue)
    duration items

Every month, to remain competitive in pvp ;D Then you forget that you can't really make money in-game since solo farming, group farming, bossing, doing events, etc. has all but become pointless.
    Except for chaos stone/felankor group farming You can actually get a drop that's worth good coins.
    snipes likes this.

There is also the cursed weapon farming in cz

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Yup, day one too!

Undy
    350 ac
    red pot
    dex
    wolf
    prem
    pathos
    valk
    (sw if not rogue)
    duration items
    edit: wings

felankor spawns every 8 hours still drops 2 actual gold bars haxors no longer kill it.

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by azreal313 View Post
    You do realise they've changed a shitload of stuff in the game right? To help new players keep up with the babas? Not only that but everyone will be starting from scratch, yea, you can buy premium and stuff but that's the extent to the "P2W", if someone wants to spend $400 on dragon boxes and get a bunch of uniques then have at it, Guild Wars 2, Archeage, TERA, Aion all have the same kind of shit but people don't care there, for some reason a bunch of the KO community has a stick up their ass about PUS items.

coming form an avid GW2 player, nothing in the the gem store is anything more than cospre armor (knight online items) with 0 stats ont hem. the most useful thing you can get that is not cosmetic is a pick axe, axe, or sickle for unlimitied gathering. Nothing in guildwars shop compares to what you can get out of knight onlines shop. oh drop 15 dollars and gain 6% attack damage? drop another 20 and get +300 health base? none of this shit thats in ko is in guild wars 2 gem store, and nothing comparable to it. /rant_over

For the steam server sake I hope there is no waiting on connecting to server , and premium is no longer required to get in fast. I don't think people would wait hours to get in as they could just download a another mmo and get in instantly.

There is a lot of changes they have (and has) hopefully considered before announcing the server on steam, because genie and stuff like that shouldn't be too expensive and available throughout in-game somehow. They also should remove tons of items from PUS to make it fun for everyone, especially the ones who try it first time. Anyhow, looking forward to see how it turns out :P

Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    For the steam server sake I hope there is no waiting on connecting to server , and premium is no longer required to get in fast. I don't think people would wait hours to get in as they could just download a another mmo and get in instantly.

There is a lot of changes they have (and has) hopefully considered before announcing the server on steam, because genie and stuff like that shouldn't be too expensive and available throughout in-game somehow. They also should remove tons of items from PUS to make it fun for everyone, especially the ones who try it first time. Anyhow, looking forward to see how it turns out :P
    So basically, the way private servers are

Quote Originally Posted by Steez View Post
    except it wont close after a month or 2 of taking people's money for a sub-par environment.

Highly doubt it will be any different content wise...

Quote Originally Posted by Steez View Post
    well, not exactly. But would you , as a newcomer to the WHOLE game actually wait 4 to 6 hours just to test it out?

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by snipes View Post
    felankor spawns every 8 hours still drops 2 actual gold bars haxors no longer kill it.
    To include such a "farming" method as an actual way of making money shows how big the fanboy is in you. Good thing the 500000 turks still don't know about felankor's existence.

I rest my case. Have fun in there.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
    coming form an avid GW2 player, nothing in the the gem store is anything more than cospre armor (knight online items) with 0 stats ont hem. the most useful thing you can get that is not cosmetic is a pick axe, axe, or sickle for unlimitied gathering. Nothing in guildwars shop compares to what you can get out of knight onlines shop. oh drop 15 dollars and gain 6% attack damage? drop another 20 and get +300 health base? none of this shit thats in ko is in guild wars 2 gem store, and nothing comparable to it. /rant_over
    I too almost felt inclined to rant a bit, but remember that gems -> gold conversion exists. I'd touch more the fact that there are no re-releases so even if you choose to spend, you won't get an edge over anyone (not to mention the gear sets are quite uniform stats wise).

But ANet doesn't deserve to be defended tbh after the PoS that was the expansion.

Farming cruel/havoc is great way of making money
    also you can get drop from felankor with 2sins..
    on midgard you had KillerDuke and his friend taking almost every drop on both servers.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast