Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Like Tree227Likes

Rise Online Knight Offline - remastered KO?

This is a discussion on Rise Online Knight Offline - remastered KO? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by trapsis Hey you fat fuck, stop insulting Turks. This game is legit the first mmorpg made in ...
Page: 12

Quote Originally Posted by trapsis View Post
    Hey you fat fuck, stop insulting Turks. This game is legit the first mmorpg made in Turkey with unreal engine. You wanna fight turks bro? YOU WANNA, I FIGHT YOU. How's my torment.
    GEL KANKA AMK PEZEVENG. very cok iyi torment
    trapsis likes this.

a lot of games made in UE4 had cheaters almost at launch. (pubg,sea of thieves,ARK,Dead by Daylight,etc,etc...) . Im just curious how they gonna handle that if the game pops off,and also what kind of cheats they gonna come up with since its a completely different code than KO.

There is no such thing as GOOD MMORPG made in Unreal Engine. Unreal Engine is not designed for massive MMORPG games. It's suitable for Single Players or small multiplayer games. With unreal engine you can easly make a great looking trailer and scenes but that's not even half of the battle. Unreal Engine developers said that the platform is not able to sustain large amount of players in one place.

MMO games based in UNREAL4 didn't work for anyone yet and everything was a failure. But if anything, they are really good with making the hype and advertising with klasgame.
    This engine can't accomplish what they are promising.. Making a game like Rise Online is 50x easier than making a Knight Online, because Rise Online is L.O.L same as Private Sever but WORSE!
    razor and blazien like this.

Little archer Senior Member

Last 2 posts are legit interesting. KO is a game that thrives on convoluted fights in cz or wars, and lets not forget boss events.

I brought this up in my discord, I don't think they'll be able to optimize it so that it runs anywhere near decent in these situations, not even with a killer pc. Then there's the anticheat concerns and other actual matters aside from gameplay looking similar to a 20 years old game.

Probation Senior Member

implementing a completely custom MMO back-end framework handling all gameplay logic including object movement, and interfacing it with UE through networking: The client purely runs in UE, and the server purely runs outside of UE, and they are coordinated through a custom networking layer using either UDP or TCP. This approach is generally best for MMOs looking to support thousands of players per server, where UE's high-precision approach to player movement and collision are overly-expensive compared to tile maps and other simplified techniques.
    Using UE's built-in functionality for implementing both the client and server components of an MMO, and extending the networking and level streaming code to support new features such as simultaneous connections to multiple servers responsible for separate streaming levels, and coordination between servers to allow seamless movement of actors between them.
    Pretty much every modern MMO from Asia is using UE4 now. A bunch on mobile, even. you big fat fucks.

Runescape 3 currently does this. I can play off my phone data and have 0 lag in highly populated areas. You guys literally have no idea wtf ur talking about.
    sepsisor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdudle View Post
    I don't know why you people keep saying there is legal action that can be taken against this game lol. Just because it has the same concept does not make it sueable. A lot of the things look similar to KO but if it does not have the code that KO does or any of that then they can't do shit. Like I said PUBG tried sueing Fortnite for "stealing an idea" and that didn't work out well.
    You guys keep arguing that this seems to be remotely the same thing as PUBG vs Fortnite, but it really, really isn't.

Fortnite vs PUBG is a case of "you're using our concept/genre to make a similar game to compete with us"; the entire lawsuit is contending that PUBG should own the battle royale genre.
    KO vs Rise Online is a case of "you're literally aiming to remake/'remaster' our game"; this has nothing to do with the type/genre of game and all about this, exact, game.
    There's a ton of MMORPGs out there, and nobody's saying they're all unique/non-derivative of each other.

I find it a bit silly to think people this naive to see this as being something it's not. It's straight up wishful thinking to think this is anything but a copy of the game.

It's designed by people heavily involved with KO (in an unofficial/illegal capacity, as Kallop points out).
    It's designed specifically for the KO audience.
    The assets are all designed to replicate mgame assets, where they're not straight up using them already (some of which were changed in later videos, for good reason).
    The thumbnail of the video earlier clearly shows the exact design of a Karus character.
    The skill effects were straight up copied in the earlier videos, and then changed up to not be a direct copy (but still essentially a remastered version of the same effect) in the later videos.
    The model animations are straight up copied.
    The item icons are straight up copied.
    The UI is (poorly designed) to replicate the KO UI (I'd imagine it's still a work in progress).

This has nothing to do with them creating a competing similar game and all about them creating a competing game clearly attempting to remaster KO, specifically.
    Obviously they want to do everything they can to deny that for legal reasons, but I'd like to think that we can all clearly see what the project is for what it is.

Yes, it's a new game. Using another engine, using a lot of its own/purchased assets (moreso as they move through development).
    Designed to *be* KO.

And that's not really a bad thing. Not the most legal/ethical thing, but it's a step up from private servers.
    KO works. They know their audience.

But why so adamantly try to call it anything than what it is? It's not at all saying they didn't put effort into it.
    It is what it is. A project designed to copy and remaster KO.

I really don't understand why people are being so defensive over a project that isn't anywhere near ready for launch or have anything to do with personally.
    You want to play it. It looks cool. The hype is there. I get that, but y'all need to chill.
    nickos3, Decerto, Kallop and 1 others like this.

Runescape is not made in unreal engine.

I will help you. Lineage2 is made in Unreal Engine.
    https://youtu.be/sEb25uQo7PY

The mechanic and gameplay of Lineage and Riseonline is the same. Just that Rise using different skill animations and other objects to match Knight Online.
    Oh... and there is no such thing as large scale PvP in Lineage

Remastered KO in 2008... Even damage bar is same.
    Lets just change UI and animations a bit more to target our phone and mailing list from Klasgame.
    https://youtu.be/ETKoh_LWxY4

But what ever lets all play Lineage... Or RiseOnline... or Metin2. or whatever ;Y

and who are you foolin,large scale battles,in KO ? Yah where exactly,CSW ? Other than that you have couple of parties doshing it out,at best. This aint wow where there are 500 vs 500 people battling it out for a raid entrance. This KO. You can have 50 people in cz bowl and have insane amount of fun.

Probation Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SunriseMaster View Post
    Runescape is not made in unreal engine.

I will help you. Lineage2 is made in Unreal Engine.
    https://youtu.be/sEb25uQo7PY

The mechanic and gameplay of Lineage and Riseonline is the same. Just that Rise using different skill animations and other objects to match Knight Online.

Remastered KO in 2008... Even damage bar is same.
    Lets just change UI and animations a bit more to target our phone and mailing list from Klasgame.
    https://youtu.be/ETKoh_LWxY4

But what ever lets all play Lineage... Or RiseOnline... or Metin2. or whatever ;Y
    Edited this comment because i have nothing nice to say. lol

Probation Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    I really don't understand why people are being so defensive over a project that isn't anywhere near ready for launch or have anything to do with personally.
    You want to play it. It looks cool. The hype is there. I get that, but y'all need to chill.
    I really dont understand why some are so negative about a game that has yet to release a beta.
    A high % of this community has been supporting people who have been ripping off KO for years including yourself. If somebody can remaster the game, back it with deep pockets, grow a new playerbase, And overall better a game we all love then i dont see this as a negative at all. You have been trying to do this for years.

As for why im defensive is because instead of people saying ' i have doubts, and this is why ' they turn it to uneducated facts without knowing what they are talking about. Making everyone with a sponge IQ jump on the negative branding with them. Its honestly annoying.
    sepsisor, RedDecember and SacruM like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SunriseMaster View Post
    you dont know what you talk about - it has larger scale then you can imagine, i assume you did never hit the point you could join it
    DaSinister likes this.

Who knows maybe this game is able to fuck up another generation of Turks. #10moreyears
    DaSinister likes this.

Man,i forgot how much cancer english community actualy is.
    Alpha aint even out and people freak out jeeeez.
    Who gives a fuck if its a copy of the shitty game that we keep playing for more then 10 years now.
    As long as they manage to not make it P2W and koxpers are no where to be found,its gonna be fine.
    Basicly people who get in to Alpha will give us some clue on how the game actualy is.

iTzBryan Senior Member

Anywho, :_ArmageddoN_: is recruiting any English-speaking players who want to try the game out with us. We've got about 20 confirmed original crew already. Feel free to join our new discord if you want to network and be apart of our group: https://discord.gg/cu5FG8c

Quote Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
    As long as they manage to not make it P2W and koxpers are no where to be found,its gonna be fine.
    You must be delusional if a "company" without a proper income or whatever their budget will keep cheaters away... if massive companies like blizzard and many others struggle to avoid cheating or botting... There will be as much if not more cheaters than in current KO there is no going around that.

The game look nice and everything, but pretty sure it's just another money sink like the game it's copied from.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    10-12-2022, 01:39 AM
  2. Hits: 1
    10-04-2022, 12:30 AM
  3. Hits: 1
    07-18-2022, 05:28 AM
  4. Hits: 1
    07-01-2022, 03:32 PM