Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 369
Like Tree61Likes

Times have changed? Now is cool use HF ?

This is a discussion on Times have changed? Now is cool use HF ? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by camaz0tz No it says don't post information about any of that stuff, you are making the assumption ...
Page: 12


  1. #166
    u jelly aviv Senior Member Josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    No it says don't post information about any of that stuff, you are making the assumption we mean posting where to locate it, but information is ANY knowledge about it. That includes whether you use it, where to get it, etc.
    Then it includes what it's called, what's it's abbreviated to, what the bot includes, etc, so everyone in this topic could get banned surely? You see why people could think that rule does not apply to "admitting if you use it" as if that was the case it would be one of the most broad rules out there that is way to open for interpretation. I always thought that rule was about posting hack links and such mainly because of the following sentence about moving/deleting it thanks to security reasons, where is the security reason in someone admitting they used a bot?

    Quote Originally Posted by ResserGD View Post
    Are you being serious? You're point is in fact not a point because it is pointless. The people who condone the use of genie but not the use of HF do not do so because they say genie isn't a bot. They do so because one is LEGAL and one is ILLEGAL. That is THE thing. It doesn't matter if they are classified as the same thing, it doesn't matter if one is cheaper, it doesn't matter if one is better, one is legal and one is illegal. I go to a shop to obtain an item which I could steal from someone else. Does that make stealing OK, because I am still "obtaining" the item? Stop trying to act intelligent because the only fact worth mentioning is that one is legal and one is illegal, and that is the most important fact that you apparently are too stupid to neglect. Oh, and your example is also pointless because just because you still have the option to illegally obtain weed does not make it correct. Rules are there to be followed whether you like them or not.

    What you should be saying (if you had any intellect) is that the decision to choose or accept koxp as a satisfactory and acceptable alternative to genie, or to class them into the same boat, is a question of morality and ethics. Just because someone breaks one rule doesn't mean they can't then say another rule should be followed; occasionally i drive over the speed limit which is breaking a law, but just because I do that doesn't mean I can't complain about murder just because i broke another rule. And fundamentally what is the difference? It is that i can ethically accept driving over the speed limit but I cannot ethically accept a murder. Both are breaking rules, but the ethics seperates them. In the same way, many people in this community consider selling for USD ethically acceptable but don't consider KOXP ethical. That is the fundamental difference between the two. And of course, ethics depends on the person. And therefore you will never win or lose this argument because people will always be difference.

    Therefore, we can conclude that this entire thread is pointless, as is Austin's post, and as is my post.
    Too much straw man there.

    You've stated in your first point that it's the fact that the bot is illegal that rustles their jimmies, but that's the point, when it comes down to game rules these guy are playing on their unfair, illegally obtained characters and then are trying to look down on other illegally obtained characters. The game allows you to buy PUS items and sell them for in-game coins yet they take the illegal option of buying the items or coins directly. Just like people could use Genie for xp but instead use a third party tool. This ties into your second point about morality, ethics and that it shouldn't be as black and white as we're making it out to be and there is some room for subjectivity in the matter, where you are correct. But before I go any further, are your examples used as extreme ones to get your point across or if it's some underlying opinion that you think kopxing is as far off babashopping as murder is to speeding?

    To me, babashopping is as bad as botting. It's why I don't feel guilty about some of my friends botting because I have spent money on this game. I'm not going to condone someone for using a bot in exp to further their characters, as I have used money to further my character. Both are against the rules, both are taking money from the company and both are giving you an unfair advantage. This whole attitude to USD/KOXP hasn't always been like this, it's mainly thanks to this forum that trading in USD has become so often and accepted and botting has become so stigmatised. It's why I'm getting so annoyed at these cock-jockeys who seem to want to bring the forums rules into every argument like that is some be all and end all of it, when as you said, it comes down to the person. If you really examine what made this game bad, what made most people quit and what turned the company to shit, was it the koxp? Hell no, it was the babashopping that really fucked over this game.

    If anything, it would be like you speeding in a 40 zone and finding that perfectly acceptable then 2 minutes down to road shouting at a guy for running a stop sign.

  2. #167
    PNW 360 Hardcore, WA Senior Member Austin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Infidel, OSKO
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Then it includes what it's called, what's it's abbreviated to, what the bot includes, etc, so everyone in this topic could get banned surely? You see why people could think that rule does not apply to "admitting if you use it" as if that was the case it would be one of the most broad rules out there that is way to open for interpretation. I always thought that rule was about posting hack links and such mainly because of the following sentence about moving/deleting it thanks to security reasons, where is the security reason in someone admitting they used a bot?


    Too much straw man there.

    You've stated in your first point that it's the fact that the bot is illegal that rustles their jimmies, but that's the point, when it comes down to game rules these guy are playing on their unfair, illegally obtained characters and then are trying to look down on other illegally obtained characters. The game allows you to buy PUS items and sell them for in-game coins yet they take the illegal option of buying the items or coins directly. Just like people could use Genie for xp but instead use a third party tool. This ties into your second point about morality, ethics and that it shouldn't be as black and white as we're making it out to be and there is some room for subjectivity in the matter, where you are correct. But before I go any further, are your examples used as extreme ones to get your point across or if it's some underlying opinion that you think kopxing is as far off babashopping as murder is to speeding?

    To me, babashopping is as bad as botting. It's why I don't feel guilty about some of my friends botting because I have spent money on this game. I'm not going to condone someone for using a bot in exp to further their characters, as I have used money to further my character. Both are against the rules, both are taking money from the company and both are giving you an unfair advantage. This whole attitude to USD/KOXP hasn't always been like this, it's mainly thanks to this forum that trading in USD has become so often and accepted and botting has become so stigmatised. It's why I'm getting so annoyed at these cock-jockeys who seem to want to bring the forums rules into every argument like that is some be all and end all of it, when as you said, it comes down to the person. If you really examine what made this game bad, what made most people quit and what turned the company to shit, was it the koxp? Hell no, it was the babashopping that really fucked over this game.

    If anything, it would be like you speeding in a 40 zone and finding that perfectly acceptable then 2 minutes down to road shouting at a guy for running a stop sign.

    phew, get em josh I'm going to take a break let me know when you need one and I will start back up again <3

  3. #168
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    317

    Default

    wow i cant believe how chidlish and immature people are being about this go ahead say somthing to me about this idc reading this the first post was about animosity hacking on titan and people deffending it...... now all of there supporters and the people who got caught hacking are flaming this dude grow the fvck up people! hacking is illegeal clearly these people were infact useing an illeagle program btw people who think genie is should be illegeal are dumb the correct definiton of a hack or bot is a third party tool..... genie is run in game and produced by the game it is not run or sold or produced by a third party so on that fact genie and koxp are nothing alike. again like i said flame flame flame children this guy post clear proof and use come up with non sense trying to get him banned and shet really. you got caught and all the people deffending these people your just as bad if you dident know they were hacking SURPRISE they were accept it stop trying to flame this dude cause he brought legit proof and now these people are mad trying to flame and get him banned... talk talk talk and cry cry cry they were hacking, botting w/e no reason to start a flame war with blanquita just because he caught these people in the act. so children please post your smart ass remarks to this comment cause like i said idc im not the one who was hacking or trying to deffend these hackers

  4. #169
    Amuse me Moderator razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    7,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganzah View Post
    LOL man go write a book or something You basically saying the same thing over and over. And the examples you use are ridiculous...
    Holy fuck. The stupidity.

    You're immune to logic, congratulations.
    LambOfGod likes this.

  5. #170
    SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Then it includes what it's called, what's it's abbreviated to, what the bot includes, etc, so everyone in this topic could get banned surely? You see why people could think that rule does not apply to "admitting if you use it" as if that was the case it would be one of the most broad rules out there that is way to open for interpretation. I always thought that rule was about posting hack links and such mainly because of the following sentence about moving/deleting it thanks to security reasons, where is the security reason in someone admitting they used a bot?

    Too much straw man there.

    You've stated in your first point that it's the fact that the bot is illegal that rustles their jimmies, but that's the point, when it comes down to game rules these guy are playing on their unfair, illegally obtained characters and then are trying to look down on other illegally obtained characters. The game allows you to buy PUS items and sell them for in-game coins yet they take the illegal option of buying the items or coins directly. Just like people could use Genie for xp but instead use a third party tool. This ties into your second point about morality, ethics and that it shouldn't be as black and white as we're making it out to be and there is some room for subjectivity in the matter, where you are correct. But before I go any further, are your examples used as extreme ones to get your point across or if it's some underlying opinion that you think kopxing is as far off babashopping as murder is to speeding?

    To me, babashopping is as bad as botting. It's why I don't feel guilty about some of my friends botting because I have spent money on this game. I'm not going to condone someone for using a bot in exp to further their characters, as I have used money to further my character. Both are against the rules, both are taking money from the company and both are giving you an unfair advantage. This whole attitude to USD/KOXP hasn't always been like this, it's mainly thanks to this forum that trading in USD has become so often and accepted and botting has become so stigmatised. It's why I'm getting so annoyed at these cock-jockeys who seem to want to bring the forums rules into every argument like that is some be all and end all of it, when as you said, it comes down to the person. If you really examine what made this game bad, what made most people quit and what turned the company to shit, was it the koxp? Hell no, it was the babashopping that really fucked over this game.

    If anything, it would be like you speeding in a 40 zone and finding that perfectly acceptable then 2 minutes down to road shouting at a guy for running a stop sign.
    I accept that comparing speeding and murder to babashopping and koxping is a poor comparison given the difference between murder and speeding is significantly more than koxping and babashopping. But that's not the point. The point is that people out there would consider both speeding and murder to be bad and be angry at people who do both. I guess the example falls down where it's highly unlikely people exist who think murder and speeding is acceptable lol. Nevertheless, you're obviously intelligent enough to understand what I'm saying whereas others didn't. Ultimately we are saying the same thing. And although I disagree with you, I can understand why you may see it as hypocritical that someone is in favour of babashopping and against koxp.

    As mentioned in my first post, it boils down to opinion, and thus this thread has run it's course.

  6. #171
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    314

    Default

    ResserGD for mod again.. hail to old-school Diez!

  7. #172
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreekaleeK View Post
    I think the reason most people have started to use heavenfire to exp instead of genie is the fact that they are pissed off that again KO is trying to take money off you for something they really should just give out for free. Heavenfire is so much cheaper than genie and to be fair it doesnt affect anyone that much, and with genie turks always lure on you within an hour and your afk for another 6 hours doing nothing at all, im pretty sure if they didnt add genie a lot less people would be using heavenfire.

    Please dont quote me with your bullshit replies, even if you have something clever to say.
    i completely disagree with you the game does alot of stuff that pisses people off but the reason you just gave is so stupid, you justifying hacking do you know that heavenfire is harmful because its is so easy to use and be courpted genie on the other hand dosent defy the stardards of the game u can only pot/minor/atk not even as fast as the game will allow you so if you pk with genie YOU WILL GET RAPED. heavenfire on the other defies the game limations like slide healing and running through barriers and atking faster then the game allows. yes you say only for exp but really thats like giving an 18 year old 1000 dollars and telling him to save it. once people have that power they Never stop at exping they use it in PK they use it to farm and they use it to get an edge on everyone else. Justifying hacking because your friends do it is so stupid all the points i listed are why and please correct me if i wrong but like i said putting that amount of power in people hands, there gonna corupt it every time cause no1 that uses heavenfire or kole bot will ever stop just at EXP......
    Anibal and Keeshiu like this.

  8. #173
    DAFAQ Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShootingStars View Post
    wow i cant believe how chidlish and immature people are being about this go ahead say somthing to me about this idc reading this the first post was about animosity hacking on titan and people deffending it...... now all of there supporters and the people who got caught hacking are flaming this dude grow the fvck up people! hacking is illegeal clearly these people were infact useing an illeagle program btw people who think genie is should be illegeal are dumb the correct definiton of a hack or bot is a third party tool..... genie is run in game and produced by the game it is not run or sold or produced by a third party so on that fact genie and koxp are nothing alike. again like i said flame flame flame children this guy post clear proof and use come up with non sense trying to get him banned and shet really. you got caught and all the people deffending these people your just as bad if you dident know they were hacking SURPRISE they were accept it stop trying to flame this dude cause he brought legit proof and now these people are mad trying to flame and get him banned... talk talk talk and cry cry cry they were hacking, botting w/e no reason to start a flame war with blanquita just because he caught these people in the act. so children please post your smart ass remarks to this comment cause like i said idc im not the one who was hacking or trying to deffend these hackers

    Need to read whole topic again. Non of the people who got caught hacking are posting here. And this is not about Animosity anymore, its about two groups of people that have different views on forum/in game rules.

    Also, forums exist for people to talk/argue and represent their view points on chosen subject.

    And one more thing, calling people childish and immature only to proceed calling them idiots and retards only shows what a huge child YOU are. Oký?
    Bathory likes this.

  9. #174
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    317

    Default

    im sry i misunderstood the meaning of the topic i guess

  10. #175
    Senior Member Ganzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Next to my neighbors, Also Sweden
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Holy fuck. The stupidity.

    You're immune to logic, congratulations.
    Nah you got that totally wrong (but what could I possibly expect from you) tho i'm immune to exaggeration and other BS i've read in this topic.

  11. #176
    O_o Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ResserGD View Post
    Are you being serious? You're point is in fact not a point because it is pointless. The people who condone the use of genie but not the use of HF do not do so because they say genie isn't a bot. They do so because one is LEGAL and one is ILLEGAL. That is THE thing. It doesn't matter if they are classified as the same thing, it doesn't matter if one is cheaper, it doesn't matter if one is better, one is legal and one is illegal. I go to a shop to obtain an item which I could steal from someone else. Does that make stealing OK, because I am still "obtaining" the item? Stop trying to act intelligent because the only fact worth mentioning is that one is legal and one is illegal, and that is the most important fact that you apparently are too stupid to neglect. Oh, and your example is also pointless because just because you still have the option to illegally obtain weed does not make it correct. Rules are there to be followed whether you like them or not.

    What you should be saying (if you had any intellect) is that the decision to choose or accept koxp as a satisfactory and acceptable alternative to genie, or to class them into the same boat, is a question of morality and ethics. Just because someone breaks one rule doesn't mean they can't then say another rule should be followed; occasionally i drive over the speed limit which is breaking a law, but just because I do that doesn't mean I can't complain about murder just because i broke another rule. And fundamentally what is the difference? It is that i can ethically accept driving over the speed limit but I cannot ethically accept a murder. Both are breaking rules, but the ethics seperates them. In the same way, many people in this community consider selling for USD ethically acceptable but don't consider KOXP ethical. That is the fundamental difference between the two. And of course, ethics depends on the person. And therefore you will never win or lose this argument because people will always be difference.

    Therefore, we can conclude that this entire thread is pointless, as is Austin's post, and as is my post.
    Wow.

    Can't believe they still have what to say after that.

  12. #177
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    317

    Default

    on the other hand to get of the argueing any1 have any clue when the game is comming back up?

  13. #178
    DAFAQ Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShootingStars View Post
    on the other hand to get of the argueing any1 have any clue when the game is comming back up?
    Any news regarding that is here http://www.gamers4life.com/forums/f2...7/index21.html

  14. #179
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Leicester, England
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShootingStars View Post
    i completely disagree with you the game does alot of stuff that pisses people off but the reason you just gave is so stupid, you justifying hacking do you know that heavenfire is harmful because its is so easy to use and be courpted genie on the other hand dosent defy the stardards of the game u can only pot/minor/atk not even as fast as the game will allow you so if you pk with genie YOU WILL GET RAPED. heavenfire on the other defies the game limations like slide healing and running through barriers and atking faster then the game allows. yes you say only for exp but really thats like giving an 18 year old 1000 dollars and telling him to save it. once people have that power they Never stop at exping they use it in PK they use it to farm and they use it to get an edge on everyone else. Justifying hacking because your friends do it is so stupid all the points i listed are why and please correct me if i wrong but like i said putting that amount of power in people hands, there gonna corupt it every time cause no1 that uses heavenfire or kole bot will ever stop just at EXP......
    Thank you for the time you have wasted replying to me.

    And everyone that I have ever known and played with who used a bot to exp has NEVER used it in PK or for farming, so your talking bullshit all your doing is giving examples of what turks do with heavenfire. I know people who used k0xp MANY MANY times to make characters on C-West and other servers and never used it in PK. All im saying is that I dont care if people use a bot to exp with, using it to PK or to farm is a totally different thing. Its probably because when I started playing KO in MYKO everyone was allowed to use ACtools and Macros and bot programs to afk exp and it was never a problem because no one used it in PK or to farm.

  15. #180
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    5,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ResserGD View Post
    I can understand why you may see it as hypocritical that someone is in favour of babashopping and against koxp.
    More available koxped lvl 83 chars = less money to the babashoppers from selling their accounts for usd. Actually the whole comparison with babashoppers and koxpers started when Blanquita said that he wants the clan Animosity banned from these forums for cheating. That would mean that every clan with cheaters (Including babashoppers, bug abusers and so on..) should also be banned from these forums and the biggest argue was about Blanquita not realizing that every babashopper (including him) is a cheater. After that it has been childish chit-chat without any logic. What angers me most is the way Blanquita and some others decide to not listen to what these ppl have to say but instead reply with something completely idiotic such as:

    you kids cheat , will turn their HF in bosses in PK in csw and you play in my server

    I mean I can't really affect what you believe but I mean there are people in here who are saying the same thing although they're not part of official KO or the clan Animosity. If you cheat doing one thing doesn't mean you always cheat.

    Oh yeah btw cama, I read the rules before I started defending Animosity in case there was any remark about koxping and also saw Furiousko post the rules on one topic and I have yet to see a single person actually point out where in the rules exactly does it say koxping is illegal in these forums. The rules about koxping and cheating aren't actually accurate when it only says you're not allowed to post pro-koxp stuff on these forums, give information about koxping or links on how to get koxp. It doesn't actually say that you cannot be a koxper and be a part of this community.

Similar Threads

  1. Have Ko's Servers Ip's Have changed?
    By SilverKid in forum Tech Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-15-2007, 06:05 PM
  2. Diez ppl sure have changed
    By mickeyavalon in forum General Chat
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 07:51 PM
  3. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-01-2006, 04:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •