Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

I dont understand American mentality.

This is a discussion on I dont understand American mentality. within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Evil? Cuz ya know having nuclear weapons and saying publicly that they want to wipe Israel of the face of ...
Page: 6

Evil? Cuz ya know having nuclear weapons and saying publicly that they want to wipe Israel of the face of the earth woulnd't constitute them as evil...no, of course not.[/b]
    im lost for words.

but, all i can say is that is our press, our media, has created a drama...and plays with words...constituting iran as "evil".

ask yourself this one question, why all the focus on iran and not north korea?

north korea already has nuclear arms and is also researching long distance missiles / payload capabilities.
    also, they fired off a few "test" missiles aimed towards japan a year or so ago.

funny how you dont mention them as "evil" and you probably agree with the american media portrayal of kim jung il as just being "crazy"

im not defending the policies of the iranian regime but am asking you to look further into this rather than believing everything youre told. because your argument is basically a regurgitation of whatever misprint is floating around.

Banned

Where is your source?

Mommy look some guy is story telling again, and its not even bed time.
    Irony.[/b]
    actually yes, it did happen, go find a source for it because i dont care enough to find one for you.

Have you ever heard about the term "Checks and Balance" or the word "veto"? There is no branch which is the "most powerful". Oh here are some more words for you - "books" and "read".[/b]

one thing that strikes me as odd is that many people are not picking up the fact that this war was a necessary evil in order to maintain americas appetite.

corporate greed and consumerism are the ones to blame here.
    bush is merely a puppet. the head of state and a vehicle and means in getting policies across.

mark my words, barack or clinton will be the next presidents of the us, because politically, it is a move that will "cleanse" the us image of any wrong doing on the public stage...again, this is no coincidence but rather a highly calculated and sophisticated move. if you dont believe me, consider the image and reputation of republican front runner, rudy giuliani...who seems destined for failure given the scandals that are attached to his name and the fact that he is roman catholic.

our government is not a stupid one and our intelligence does not pass a lapse in judgement as easily as they would like us to believe.
    the war on iraq was a highly sophisticated war and there was one single goal in mind and that was to secure oil to further elongate americas productive curve.

checks and balances is an ideal that is hardly practiced in real life politics.

its all about money.

money buys the congressional vote.

read more into "campaign financing" and the vote of your local politician and you will notice a strong correlation.

Banned

Checks and balances only goes so far. Veto? Yea, for instance the House of Representatives introduces a bill for allocating money for the Iraq war. If Pres. Bush doesn't like it, he can veto it and it goes back to the House, where they need 2/3 vote to override. Veto is to stop things...that doesn't make any difference when Congress votes to actually spend money or declare war, lol. Just read the Constitution or ask any PoliSci professor, you'll see that the Congress is by far more powerful than the executive branch, lol.[/b]
    Wow only 2/3 of the votes?!!? Damn thats a piece of cake! Seriously, Checks and Balance, Book, Read, key terms here.

Banned

actually yes, it did happen, go find a source for it because i dont care enough to find one for you.[/b]
    I am sure the Easter Bunny is real too.

Evil? Cuz ya know having nuclear weapons and saying publicly that they want to wipe Israel of the face of the earth woulnd't constitute them as evil...no, of course not.[/b]
    on a similar note:

north korea has said that they would like to wipe south korea and japan off of the face of the eart...

would this not constitute them as evil as well, under your definition of?

but then again?

what is evil?

i think it might have something to do with north korea being dirt poor and having a very large military (4th largest in the world).

please note: north korea is a greater (military) danger than iran or iraq ever were.

Banned

I am sure the Easter Bunny is real too.[/b]
    lol, that made me laugh at your stupidity.

Banned

lol, that made me laugh at your stupidity.[/b]
    So you are saying that he is real. Clearly, I am the stupid one.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

but interesting how does architect was thinking of when he draw that building lol

fun stuff[/b]
    u DO realize that thats a sign for eternity right? hitler took the symbol from buddaism? think thats the religion he took it from to use for his flag, its ONLY a nazi swastika when used with red and black, other than that only the uneducated idiot would consider it a nazi swastika

3thos

tapion aren't you like 10?

stop watching the news trying to be a big kid and stick with cartoons, let the elders handle these issues, and you do realize the AMERICAN amendments only apply to americans?

u DO realize that thats a sign for eternity right? hitler took the symbol from buddaism? think thats the religion he took it from to use for his flag, its ONLY a nazi swastika when used with red and black, other than that only the uneducated idiot would consider it a nazi swastika[/b]
    and this thread was made by? shouldnt come as a surprise.

banaanc

u DO realize that thats a sign for eternity right? hitler took the symbol from buddaism? think thats the religion he took it from to use for his flag, its ONLY a nazi swastika when used with red and black, other than that only the uneducated idiot would consider it a nazi swastika[/b]
    they could paint it red-white-black for all i care

and the jews were bitching about it being swastika, thats why navy will rebuild it, a reasonable person would sent those jews to hell

Zxenke

on a similar note:

north korea has said that they would like to wipe south korea and japan off of the face of the eart...

would this not constitute them as evil as well, under your definition of?

but then again?

what is evil?

i think it might have something to do with north korea being dirt poor and having a very large military (4th largest in the world).

please note: north korea is a greater (military) danger than iran or iraq ever were.[/b]
    My original post was sarcasm. Yea, I think Iran for their idea of obliterating Israel AND N. Korea for their plans of blowing up people and whatnot are both evil.

As for the checks and balances person...what we do in the US is determined by Congress. President can veto, sure, but it can be overridden. Like I said before, it only goes so far. Even if Bush adamantly wanted to go to war wit Iraq, it was Congress' decision to do so. If Bush wants money for the war, it was Congress' decision to do so. As to the concept of checks and balances specifically, Congress has the final say. Checks and balances is not a perfect system. Yea, I do read books about this, lol. Read the Constitution and then tell me what you think about who actually holds more power.

Banned

Guyz playing KO debating over american mentality..

stick to the pixel guyz lol

Guyz playing KO debating over american mentality..
    stick to the pixel guyz lol[/b]

hahaha

=D

some of us do get bored when we're not fixed to the front of the computer cracking out...

=t

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast