Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

25jan steam+ new server launches

This is a discussion on 25jan steam+ new server launches within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by azreal313 You only need premium to log onto Midgard 1, the most populated and newest server right ...
Page: 11

Quote Originally Posted by azreal313 View Post
    You only need premium to log onto Midgard 1, the most populated and newest server right now, the rest you can get on without premium, and I have to say no shit you're going to have a bad time starting fresh on Ares, that server has been up for like a decade, I don't see how that's relevant in the slightest. People who have played for years and years and years more than you will have an advantage, that's simply a given in any competitive game. People are claiming that you literally can't play the game unless you spend a shitload of money, which is a blatant lie, you can play the game and you can even get to a decent state without paying a fucking dime, it will take you a while, but that's how F2P games work.
    Of course they'll have an advantage, they've been playing longer. I'm saying that the advantage is simply too much. Even with a party of 8 friends farming (which is hard to constantly have as many of us know), if you spend $0 it would take an incomprehensible amount of time to log into Ares, start at level 1 and farm up enough gear to be relevant. I would even imagine the same for a server like Midgard as well (unsure about how many +8/9/10 are on Midgard after a few months)

As for events now on USKO, you don't have to be on Server 1 to participate, the only exceptions are RLB/Ardream, RLB is only on Server 1, Ardream is on Server 1 and 2 but not 3 and Delos is also only on Server 1, those are the only exceptions as far as I'm aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Steez View Post
    Of course they'll have an advantage, they've been playing longer. I'm saying that the advantage is simply too much. Even with a party of 8 friends farming (which is hard to constantly have as many of us know), if you spend $0 it would take an incomprehensible amount of time to log into Ares, start at level 1 and farm up enough gear to be relevant. I would even imagine the same for a server like Midgard as well (unsure about how many +8/9/10 are on Midgard after a few months)
    You could easily catch up if you had 8 people all playing together working together on Midgard even without spending money, Ares once again is an exception because its been around since the beginning of fucking USKO and is a horrendous server to use as an example simply because of how the game works.

You could easily catch up if you had 8 people all playing together working together on Midgard even without spending money, Ares once again is an exception because its been around since the beginning of fucking USKO and is a horrendous server to use as an example simply because of how the game works.
    I wouldn't imagine it's that easy to farm up to a competitive state for free (talking about Europa/Midgard here since I guess some GM- shopped items are still in Ares), but if someone who does in fact play USKO says so then who am I to argue.

It's probably discouraging to see people get UTC/Krowaz from their PUS items, and farming paramun with genie while you are killing trolls for exp though

I wouldn't imagine it's that easy to farm up to a competitive state for free (talking about Europa/Midgard here since I guess some GM- shopped items are still in Ares), but if someone who does in fact play USKO says so then who am I to argue.

It's probably discouraging to see people get UTC/Krowaz from their PUS items, and farming paramun with genie while you are killing trolls for exp though
    Meh, the argument was whether you could get up to a level to compete with others without paying money, the answer is yes, you'll just have to work a lot harder to get there. Never said it would be easy :P

Meh, the argument was whether you could get up to a level to compete with others without paying money, the answer is yes, you'll just have to work a lot harder to get there. Never said it would be easy :P
    The only problem is this,

Here's the sales pitch to someone who's never played KO:

Unless you want to pay, you need at 4-7 friends and roughly 2 months(maybe more?) of constant farming to even think about entering PvP. (In a game that pretty much is ONLY PvP)

I think many would run straight away from that xD

Filthy casuals

I wouldn't imagine it's that easy to farm... killing trolls for exp though

*flashbacks of cz trolls to 70*

Oh you guise. Now you get exp by sitting and multiple instances per day for coins/items. I dont get this thread, other than the usual take a free swing at NTT/KO for whatever offense you're still holding on to.
    NuclearWinter likes this.

People would rather sling shit about a game that they played half a decade ago and have no idea what the game is like now, than actually give it a try again and realise that they're misguided in their opinions on USKO's current state. Its literally a free to play game, just try out the steam server, if you don't like it then don't play it rather than continuing to shit on the game and people who actually still like KO. If you do like it and it changes your mind about NTT/KO then that's great! Keep playing and enjoy the game like we do

I don't get wtf you guys are crying about for so long, let me tell you what the current way of farming in USKO is, there are a few things that you could do:

Felankor
    Isiloon
    Chaos Stone
    AOC (Slow as fuck, boring as fuck and not rewarding in old servers)
    Cruel, Havoc Enigma Hell fire for cursed weapon materials
    Under The Castle (1 time a week)
    CSW (1 time a week)
    Reselling
    Bifrost mobs
    Daily events
    Discount prem benefits (Mining and stuff) but this also won't make you a rich guy.
    Boss farming (camping)

These are the only ways to make decent money on USKO, and ofcourse there's reselling for the patient guy and upgrading/gambling, other than that all you can do is open up your wallet and hope there's enough in there. If you are a big dedicated clan then yes you can farm good items, if you are solo then there's not much you can do apart of endless grinding on either bifrost mobs/AOC's and doing daily events / living in moradon to re-sell and gamble with the anvil, on a good day that could make you quite some gbs and on a bad day you'll only make a few million which is basicly nothing in my opinion if you are comparing that to the price good items in old and newer servers cost.

Conclusion: Farming in USKO sucks, it is possible but it will take very long for you to get somewhat decent gear if you aren't spending any money on the game, and in old servers like Ares farming is basicly non existant.
    Last edited by ScreameR; 01-14-2016 at 05:57 PM.
    azreal313 and Jamm1n like this.

Banned Senior Member

I have farmed enough gear to be relevant without spending any more money than premiums. It isn't as difficult as you make it out to be. Gear matters, but your team also matters. As long as you aren't a piece of paper and die to spike/thrust then you can be relevant to your team and have a lot of fun.

Getting a full set of +8 armors with a +8 weapons and full +0 uniques really doesn't take that long. I think I did it in 3 months and you can PvP for a long time with just that gear alone. Now you obviously can't solo or win 1v1's against a Baba, but you sure as hell can have a ton of fun playing the game and be a part of your 8 man team.
    azreal313 and ScreameR like this.

Little archer Senior Member

You can literally buy in-game money with USD, and with that in-game money you can buy the best items in the game, you can buy boosters that give you more movement speed, attack damage etc that all make you stronger than someone who doesn't pay in the game, that game is as P2W as KO is if not MORE so, and before you say Edge of the Mists doesn't have any way to buy gear, it doesn't matter because EotM isn't real PvP, WvW is real PvP and you can buy retardedly big advantages there with IRL money.
    So beautifully incorrect in every way.

1. You mean the best skins in the game, because every item has the same stats at a top level.
    2. You cannot buy 'Ascended' gear tier from the trading post. You can only craft them (armors), and those crafts are time gated / require you to play the game.
    3. The boosters are completely irrelevant LOL. 15% movement speed when most classes get free 25% from passives or from spamming swiftness (33%)? 5% attack damage against NON PLAYERS.
    4. This one actually had me laughing. Edge of the mists isn't real pvp (you mean wvw?), but wvw isn't pvp either. You've mixed the names so horribly wrong while trying to sound like you know what you're talking about, it's cringeworthy bud. Let me explain to you. No wvw mode is really pvp, pvp = HEART of the mists, where everyone has equal gear (and yes that is pvp). Edge of the mists is a wvw alternate type that has nothing to do with it. Lastly, you cannot "buy retardedly big advantages there with IRL money" either.

Even if you convert all your gems (KC equivalent) to gold (noah), the rate is so low and the price of cosmetic / QoL upgrades is so high that it's barely worth it. Bottom line is, gw2 is not p2w, at least not in the sense that you're making it sound.

This is more pitiful than funny. Just give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eye4Eye View Post
    I have farmed enough gear to be relevant without spending any more money than premiums. It isn't as difficult as you make it out to be. Gear matters, but your team also matters. As long as you aren't a piece of paper and die to spike/thrust then you can be relevant to your team and have a lot of fun.

Getting a full set of +8 armors with a +8 weapons and full +0 uniques really doesn't take that long. I think I did it in 3 months and you can PvP for a long time with just that gear alone. Now you obviously can't solo or win 1v1's against a Baba, but you sure as hell can have a ton of fun playing the game and be a part of your 8 man team.
    If i may ask, how do you farm? is it one of the ways i mentioned above or is there something else you did? looking forward to find out more ways to farm decent money in USKO. If it's true and you managed to farm full +8 on a new server, i'd be glad to know how.

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

You can literally buy in-game money with USD, and with that in-game money you can buy the best items in the game, you can buy boosters that give you more movement speed, attack damage etc that all make you stronger than someone who doesn't pay in the game, that game is as P2W as KO is if not MORE so, and before you say Edge of the Mists doesn't have any way to buy gear, it doesn't matter because EotM isn't real PvP, WvW is real PvP and you can buy retardedly big advantages there with IRL money.
    heres the thing, every legendary has the same stats as every ascended item. ( highest damage items ) you can buy gold, or you can spend a month playing and have the exact same stats. can yous pend a month playing KO and have a raptor +9 as a new player? no fucking way LOL

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
    heres the thing, every legendary has the same stats as every ascended item. ( highest damage items ) you can buy gold, or you can spend a month playing and have the exact same stats. can yous pend a month playing KO and have a raptor +9 as a new player? no fucking way LOL
    No one ever buys legendaries (weapons, because armors don't exist yet) for the stats, they do it for the looks.

He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    So beautifully incorrect in every way.

1. You mean the best skins in the game, because every item has the same stats at a top level.
    2. You cannot buy 'Ascended' gear tier from the trading post. You can only craft them (armors), and those crafts are time gated / require you to play the game.
    3. The boosters are completely irrelevant LOL. 15% movement speed when most classes get free 25% from passives or from spamming swiftness (33%)? 5% attack damage against NON PLAYERS.
    4. This one actually had me laughing. Edge of the mists isn't real pvp (you mean wvw?), but wvw isn't pvp either. You've mixed the names so horribly wrong while trying to sound like you know what you're talking about, it's cringeworthy bud. Let me explain to you. No wvw mode is really pvp, pvp = HEART of the mists, where everyone has equal gear (and yes that is pvp). Edge of the mists is a wvw alternate type that has nothing to do with it. Lastly, you cannot "buy retardedly big advantages there with IRL money" either.

Even if you convert all your gems (KC equivalent) to gold (noah), the rate is so low and the price of cosmetic / QoL upgrades is so high that it's barely worth it. Bottom line is, gw2 is not p2w, at least not in the sense that you're making it sound.

This is more pitiful than funny. Just give up.
    I used to think people were overreacting when they said you were a retard nazi mod, but I realise now that they were completely correct, stay an Apex dick sucker that knows shit all about anything else

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast