Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

25jan steam+ new server launches

This is a discussion on 25jan steam+ new server launches within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by ReesesPieces Snipes, possibly look into how copyright laws work before you begin to think you're clever in ...
Page: 16

Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    Snipes, possibly look into how copyright laws work before you begin to think you're clever in a G4L post.
    Last time I checked, what you're doing is illegal, and the only reason you can get away with it is because private servers are hosted in Europe where the laws are different.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastyBoy View Post
    lol honestly even if the population isnt too good due to lack of Turkish players, I'll most probably still play on that server permanently because of the low ping and fresh start

Any major clan decided if they're going karus or el morad yet? xD
    Pretty sure most people are playing it by ear and/or seeing where their friends go first.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goathorns View Post
    topic should've been locked/pruned/cleaned pages ago, but free shots at other forum users, why pass up the chance? its not like the admins care lol
    Another one? I guess this is solidarity among 'normal' forum users since I wasn't the one to derail or to flame, because this many people can't be that dense =/
    snipes likes this.

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by azreal313 View Post
    Pretty sure most people are playing it by ear and/or seeing where their friends go first.

gravediggaz are going human ardream.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
    gravediggaz are going human ardream.
    I have no idea who that is XD

Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    Snipes, possibly look into how copyright laws work before you begin to think you're clever in a G4L post.
    Um, okay herp derp?

Copyright does not protect the idea for a game, its name or title, or the method or methods for playing it. Nor does copyright protect any idea, system, method, device, or trademark material involved in developing, merchandising, or playing a game. Once a game has been made public, nothing in the copyright law prevents others from developing another game based on similar principles. Copyright protects only the particular manner of an author’s expression in literary, artistic, or musical form.Material prepared in connection with a game may be subject to copyright if it contains a sufficient amount of literary or pictorial expression. For example, the text matter describing the rules of the game or the pictorial matter appearing on the gameboard or container may be registrable.
    If your game includes any written element, such as instructions or directions, the Copyright Office recommends that you apply to register it as a literary work. Doing so will allow you to register all copyrightable parts of the game, including any pictorial elements. When the copyrightable elements of the game consist predominantly of pictorial matter, you should apply to register it as a work of the visual arts.
    The deposit requirements for copyright registration will vary, depending on whether the work has been published at the time of registration. If the game is published, the proper deposit is one complete copy of the work. If, however, the game is published in a box larger than 12" x 24" x 6" (or a total of 1,728 cubic inches) then identifying material must be submitted in lieu of the entire game. (See “identifying material” below.) If the game is published and contains fewer than three three-dimensional elements, then identifying material for those parts must be submitted in lieu of those parts. If the game is unpublished, either one copy of the game or identifying material should be deposited.
    Identifying material deposited to represent the game or its three-dimensional parts usually consists of photographs, photostats, slides, drawings, or other two-dimensional representations of the work. The identifying material should include as many pieces as necessary to show the entire copyrightable content of the work, including the copyright notice if it appears on the work. All pieces of identifying material other than transparencies must be no less than 3" x 3" in size, and not more than 9" x 12", but preferably 8" x 10". At least one piece of identifying material must, on its front, back, or mount, indicate the title of the work and an exact measurement of one or more dimensions of the work.
    or

Copyright law protects the entirety of the computer code that creates the game in the same manner as it protects the entirety of a novel. Copyright law also protects the music, dialogue, scene and setting images, and character images within the game. The copyright for a video game may be held by the individual who created it or, more commonly, by the company that hired the many people who contribute to creating a complex game. No one can legally use, duplicate or sell a video game or make a new game using its characters without the permission of the copyright owner.
    azreal313 likes this.

#GetEducated

The man actually went out of his way to read em...

This has gone too far. I'm scared.
    snipes and azreal313 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KillU View Post
    The man actually went out of his way to read em...

This has gone too far. I'm scared.
    I blew up my raptor, needed something to do for a minute. Did make my scorch +12rb after, so i guess all is well?

B> raptor+9

9 more days! What class is everyone going? I'll most likely be going a mage because they're great farmers, good for PK and it was my first class I ever played and I like to think I'm a pretty decent one :P

24 h without flame war? What happend to KO4life?!
    Adi, Smooth, azreal313 and 1 others like this.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by regiss View Post
    24 h without flame war? What happend to KO4life?!

Cant belive ppl expect new noob players to come, play and actualy stay for more than few days in a outdated game like Knigh Online. But never mind hype as much as you want.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal View Post
    Cant belive ppl expect new noob players to come, play and actualy stay for more than few days in a outdated game like Knigh Online. But never mind hype as much as you want.
    Right? people will call you apex fanboy for pointing this out tho. It's just common sense. KO has so many little intricacies from obscure system mechanics (not explained anywhere) to bugs that you have to play around, I can't honestly imagine a new player staying when the pve aspect of the game is abysmal, its filled with horrid grind, and there are no clear guides or walkthroughs to most of the bs (combos, monster mechanics, upgrading, location of things, class skills (rip KoK), unlocking skills, master, finding abyss, BOSSES, etc).

how is the grind even horid anymore, you have access to exp prem and shit that makes you level SOOO much faster than you did back in the day. A great deal of us have also grown up a lot and have jobs now. So its not nearly as unrealistic to pay $30 to save yourself hours of time by leveling much faster. Also a lot of what makes new games fun is that they are new and that you dont go in knowing everything. I dont really get why you putting so much effort to discourage people from trying this server lol.