Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

If you macro you can and will be banned or punished

This is a discussion on If you macro you can and will be banned or punished within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Every rogue use macro or pedal and ntt want to make money so i find it hard that they will ...
Page: 10

Every rogue use macro or pedal and ntt want to make money so i find it hard that they will start to ban the ones paying them lol.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Believe it or not, I'm not spamming refresh like you nor sending angry pm's 1 minute after a thread gets locked.

Done with you, have fun showing everyone how retarded you are. I'm off to watch some anime xDDDDD
    ye pretty sure that's the reason why you're online 24/7 and have 7.7k posts lmao. mad muchhhhhh

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

erdo called me on whatsapp to come like all his posts against snipes, is this vote manipulation?

also I don't see how you can defend baba shopping but think macroing is bad, its the pot calling the kettle black all over again
    Rhymes, erdo1990 and NuclearWinter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    erdo called me on whatsapp to come like all his posts against snipes, is this vote manipulation?

also I don't see how you can defend baba shopping but think macroing is bad, its the pot calling the kettle black all over again
    scared of chris?
    black and Rhymes like this.

Anyone else find it hilarious how they all show up at the same time? Because it's totally cool and not pathetic nor cringe as FUCK to see 3-4 teenagers piling on one dude in an online forum.
    But when you guys go against erdo its okay? that's like a feminist bitchslapping a guy screaming equality between genders but when he hits back its not okay for a man to hit a woman
    erdo1990 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by regiss View Post
    We need Adi too, and KO4life once again would be full of flames and hate.
    Potentially worthy of making new thread to lure him back? xD

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rhymes View Post
    But when you guys go against erdo its okay? that's like a feminist bitchslapping a guy screaming equality between genders but when he hits back its not okay for a man to hit a woman
    Who is you guys? Up until recently, it was just snipes against you lot lmao.
    snipes likes this.

Who is you guys? Up until recently, it was just snipes against you lot lmao.
    who are the 4 that 'piled' against snipes, just wondering?

I guess we are grouping up and targetting people because our clan is like half the active userbase?

Quote Originally Posted by snipes View Post
    Cooldown rates are server-sided so fps doesn't matter there, but I can see what you are saying. The $4000 computer > the $400 computer. One computer flows like a river, the other runs like two 1-legged people trying to run a 3-legged race.

No one buys a computer specifically for KO though, so PC specs are all on the user. They could simply stop buying factory produced pc's and go for a custom build for about the same price.
    I agree with what you have stated pertaining to the more expensive computer being superior in terms of functionality than the less expensive computer. However, I would have to disagree with you pertaining to the idea of cooldown rates. They are, in fact, affected by FPS. What erdo1990 has mentioned in his quote pertaining to what Aesteris has stated is true and I agree with it. A higher FPS rate means a higher refresh rate on skill cooldowns simply because the timing between skills becomes significantly reduced. You can outcompete your opponent soley due to the fact your skills are coming back faster. Another trick, I have learned over the years is that playing at a lower resolution gives you this high FPS advantage. For instance playing on 360 x 760 vs 1920 x 1280. (My resolution numbers might be incorrect but you get the idea).

Below is the best example that I can give to support this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fd5mbjNvmY

4SPIKED was not using TBL as LOTHLORIEN implied but in fact he was playing at a lower resolution ( Overall Higher FPS rate) that gave him the smart advantage over his more geared opponent and consequently enabled him to outcompete LOTHLORIEN in colony zone.

Banned Senior Member

50% for snipes
    50% for erdo
    they are both abit right

keep it going

Quote Originally Posted by l911l View Post
    I agree with what you have stated pertaining to the more expensive computer being superior in terms of functionality than the less expensive computer. However, I would have to disagree with you pertaining to the idea of cooldown rates. They are, in fact, affected by FPS. What erdo1990 has mentioned in his quote pertaining to what Aesteris has stated is true and I agree with it. A higher FPS rate means a higher refresh rate on skill cooldowns simply because the timing between skills becomes significantly reduced. You can outcompete your opponent soley due to the fact your skills are coming back faster. Another trick, I have learned over the years is that playing at a lower resolution gives you this high FPS advantage. For instance playing on 360 x 760 vs 1920 x 1280. (My resolution numbers might be incorrect but you get the idea).

Below is the best example that I can give to support this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fd5mbjNvmY

4SPIKED was not using TBL as LOTHLORIEN implied but in fact he was playing at a lower resolution ( Overall Higher FPS rate) that gave him the smart advantage over his more geared opponent and consequently enabled him to outcompete LOTHLORIEN in colony zone.
    Yes, in a sense the cooldown is faster, but that is only on the client side. For example, say two people are playing at the place where servers are hosted and both have insanely fast computers. For this hypothetical lets say computer A has 1000fps, and computer B has 5000fps. Both computers are so fast and so closely located to the server that the extra 4000fps will not give that person faster cooldowns. A long time back they changed many of the skill cooldowns to be server-side checked. It was a fix for archer CS spamming. The cooldown packets used to be checked by the client, but koxp was able to spoof those packets and bypass the cooldown on any skill. Now the server itself checks the cooldown and it is a set time for each skill. If a skill has a 3 second cooldown, it will always be at least 3 seconds, but it may be 3.5 seconds for someone with a slower computer because of a .5 second lag on their side. The skill will be ready on the server side .5 seconds before it is on the client side, giving the false impression that the cooldown is faster for people with faster computers, but in reality it's the same cooldown for everyone.

Hope that made sense.
    l911l and Felix like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post

I explained my stance on that already.

Yes, in a sense the cooldown is faster, but that is only on the client side. For example, say two people are playing at the place where servers are hosted and both have insanely fast computers. For this hypothetical lets say computer A has 1000fps, and computer B has 5000fps. Both computers are so fast and so closely located to the server that the extra 4000fps will not give that person faster cooldowns. A long time back they changed many of the skill cooldowns to be server-side checked. It was a fix for archer CS spamming. The cooldown packets used to be checked by the client, but koxp was able to spoof those packets and bypass the cooldown on any skill. Now the server itself checks the cooldown and it is a set time for each skill. If a skill has a 3 second cooldown, it will always be at least 3 seconds, but it may be 3.5 seconds for someone with a slower computer because of a .5 second lag on their side. The skill will be ready on the server side .5 seconds before it is on the client side, giving the false impression that the cooldown is faster for people with faster computers, but in reality it's the same cooldown for everyone.

Hope that made sense.
    Thank you for your explanation, it makes sense to me. I will learn more about this.
    snipes likes this.

There is indeed a difference though, and you actually can babashop without breaking any game rules if you buy PUS items and sell for coins.

I don't mind baba so much for a couple reasons. For one, if you start brand new on a server that has been open for several years, you are WAY behind in gear. You will get passed up for just about everything from pk to xp to farming. Most (not all) parties won't add people if they know they have crap gear and are low level. Another reason is time advantage over another player. I'm sure we all can agree that the more time you spend in game, the more likely you are to get a drop/make money. The 15 year old on summer vacation has a clear advantage over the 35 year old working 60 hours a week. Even if both wanted to play 10 hours a day and normally would if capable, only one can realistically do that. The only option for the person unable to play as much as the other is to purchase items to keep up gear-wise.
    this is your defense of babashopping? i thought this was a meme lol

1) I can't believe this is actually something you wrote. Babashopping through PUS is extremely inefficient, you usually end up gimping yourself on a lot of GBs in the long run (assuming you are actually babashopping like a true warrior), and I doubt many people actually baba through PUS. If they did, I would be more accepting of it certainly, but that's not the case at all; everyone, literally babas through third party websites and buys GBs directly or items directly. If they actually cracked down on this and seriously gave a flying fuck about people straight up babaing items, then I would 100% agree with them banning people for macro. However, that's not the case, and they decide to crack down on macros for some reason while letting others spend thousands blatantly babashopping (I also don't understand why they have a policy that says no buying items from other players for real cash yet have a sponsorship with bynogame??? maybe some turk can explain that (or regiss)).

2) time advantage in KO? seriously? a game where RNG is everything from the anvil to the loot drops and you're going to complain about time advantage? sure, the larger the amount of items you have the higher probability you're going to make a good item, but the game is so reliant about RNG in just about every aspect of gear I don't think this is an acceptable argument to make at all.

3) the issue with "keeping up" is that you don't really keep up, if someone invests literally 10 hours a day, and you go work for 6 and spend that money in the game, you're way ahead of the person that invested 10 hours, simply because KO doesn't really have anything sustainable or reliable to get gear from (speaking of sustainable reliable gear, LOL REMEMBER DRAGON BOXES ON ORION?? GOOD MEME MY DUDE). What's the point of playing the game if everyone can get the same gear by working half the amount of time they're playing the game? Why not just make the game a full PvP-tournament-esque-game with a pay to play sub system since farming is so inefficient?

now as far as macroing goes;

I still don't see what's so bad about using a macro exactly? It's literally $10 for some keyboard or mouse with programmable drivers, and if you even game semi-avidly I'm sure you'll spend a lot more (how many people have logitech/razer/steelseries etc keyboard or mice?). I don't get how you can take the position that "spending my hard earned money is completely fine to get an advantage but god forbid we allow people who cannot afford to drop $300 in the game use their $25 mouse macro to have a chance to play against me".

the argument "well you're not really playing the game" is also absolute autism, because everyone is on this even playing field number one (assuming macro isn't bannable), and number two who decides what constitutes "playing the game"?

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast