Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

If you macro you can and will be banned or punished

This is a discussion on If you macro you can and will be banned or punished within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by SkyHunter 1) Bro, you have no idea how I've worked in the past. In cwest from the ...
Page: 12

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    1)
    Bro, you have no idea how I've worked in the past.

In cwest from the start my clan was there, on day one. First day we got a roc, rol, and pp, on the first fucking day. We got lucky and had an advantage from day one. We did nothing but FARM dcz for a week straight. We got lots of drops.

Cypher? Same thing, I just did it solo this time, and instead of going for drops I farmed the fuck out of money gaining items, and all the while doing it legitly. Then I sold everything. Multiple times. Bought stuff back as well, multiple times. You can see that by my history in the marketplace, infact I just sold out again temporarily, I need the money for tools.

I've always farmed gear, ask anyone that knows me that has played with me, I'm all about farming, and I'm damn good at it.

If I farm a shit ton of stuff, sell it all, and come back a year later and buy the equivalent of what I had for the same or less than I sold it for, am I a baba? I had comparable gear that I earned and sold, then re-bought when coming back. I've done it several times. So if I buy my own stuff back am I a baba?

Here's my old account that wasn't able to be recovered since you fanboys seem to think I haven't been around for a long time.
    http://www.gamers4life.com/forums/members/20563.html
    Last edited by snipes; 02-16-2018 at 12:41 AM.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    Arguing about gear and macro advantages within KO is kind of dumb. Relentlessly attacking a dude on this forum in the fashion your doing it makes you look a whole lot dumber.

You don't have to win the internet mate, just post your opinion and fuck up.
    we've tried that and he sits there and conjures shit from this dream world he lives in where babashopping is legal and fine yet using a macro everyone has access to is absolutely horrifically terrible and if you do it you're a terrible player

Quote Originally Posted by snipes View Post
    Bro, you have no idea how I've worked in the past.

In cwest from the start my clan was there, on day one. First day we got a roc, rol, and pp, on the first fucking day. We got lucky and had an advantage from day one. We did nothing but FARM dcz for a week straight. We got lots of drops.

Cypher? Same thing, I just did it solo this time, and instead of going for drops I farmed the fuck out of money gaining items, and all the while doing it legitly. Then I sold everything. Multiple times. Bought stuff back as well, multiple times. You can see that by my history in the marketplace, infact I just sold out again temporarily, I need the money for tools.

I've always farmed gear, ask anyone that knows me that has played with me, I'm all about farming, and I'm damn good at it.

If I farm a shit ton of stuff, sell it all, and come back a year later and buy the equivalent of what I had for the same or less than I sold it for, am I a baba? I had comparable gear that I earned and sold, then re-bought when coming back. I've done it several times. So if I buy my own stuff back am I a baba?

Here's my old account that wasn't able to be recovered since you fanboys seem to think I haven't been around for a long time.
    http://www.gamers4life.com/forums/members/20563.html

one moment you're bragging about how you blow thousands on PUS the next you're telling me you farm ok bro

I guess I'll just play your game:

keep cheating l0l u cant beat me without babashopping l0l n00b bet I smacked u up and down rlb cz ardream and moradaon r0flcopt3r

If you think macroing is cheating and is bannable, then you should have the same exact opinion on babashopping through any third party website / anything that is not NTTGame PUS itself. There's no other excuse, they're both illegal in their rules, so stop being a hypocrite and saying "well I farmed my gear back then." I learned to play sin w/o a macro and played like that for a very long time, so therefore by your logic, I'm allowed to use a macro.

edit: I'm still waiting for a response to this:

As far as the english clans thing, why was babashopping and selling and buying items for $2k paypal okay but using a $100 keyboard macro bad? they're both equally bad, stop being some self righteous piece of shit lmao
    I'm sure the same clan that kicked for macro didn't kick for babashopping, but I guess we're just gonna ignore the rest of the contents in people's post while saying "im trying to have a civil logical discussion" top meme man

Anabolic Senior Member Euphoria's Avatar

the video of elaniapolis is not macro , he uses right click on minor lmfao

one moment you're bragging about how you blow thousands on PUS the next you're telling me you farm ok bro
    because I did both?

is that illegal?
    I'm sure the same clan that kicked for macro didn't kick for babashopping, but I guess we're just gonna ignore the rest of the contents in people's post while saying "im trying to have a civil logical discussion" top meme man
    Like I said, you can legitimately baba, and you can only legitimately macro with genie.

Do people go overboard with baba? ABSOLUTELY! I will not argue that. The difference is the fact that gear doesn't make you a better player in pk, if you suck, you suck no matter the gear. Gamma from Cwest comes to mind, guy was geared to the hilt, but the schmuck couldn't pk for shit.

If you macro though? You are taking away the skill part. You are cheating to win, and you won't fail. The thing that makes KO special is the pk aspect. You have to push a lot of buttons bro. That is the point. Skilled players aren't the ones that macro, they are the oldskool ones that didn't.

If one aspect is so difficult that you have to macro, eventually another aspect of difficulty will face you head on again, and then what? Oh I know, you will macro it!

Instead of just saying you suck at sin and moving on, you choose the easy route and cheat. No gear can compete with a person with a cheater mindset, you will always look for the easy way to win regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
    the video of elaniapolis is not macro , he uses right click on minor lmfao
    dude, that was clear evidence of him macro'ing right next to a gm. That dude was cheating 100%.

because I did both?

is that illegal?

Like I said, you can legitimately baba, and you can only legitimately macro with genie.

Do people go overboard with baba? ABSOLUTELY! I will not argue that. The difference is the fact that gear doesn't make you a better player in pk, if you suck, you suck no matter the gear. Gamma from Cwest comes to mind, guy was geared to the hilt, but the schmuck couldn't pk for shit.

If you macro though? You are taking away the skill part. You are cheating to win, and you won't fail. The thing that makes KO special is the pk aspect. You have to push a lot of buttons bro. That is the point. Skilled players aren't the ones that macro, they are the oldskool ones that didn't.

If one aspect is so difficult that you have to macro, eventually another aspect of difficulty will face you head on again, and then what? Oh I know, you will macro it!

Instead of just saying you suck at sin and moving on, you choose the easy route and cheat. No gear can compete with a person with a cheater mindset, you will always look for the easy way to win regardless.
    Yeah because being able to spam minor really fast is insanely skilled and called being a good rogue get the fuck outta here
    erdo1990 likes this.

Little archer Senior Member

Reminds me so much of people saying about fighting games that "doing combos doesn't mean you're good. The execution barrier should be removed because it's all about reads and mind games!"

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Reminds me so much of people saying about fighting games that "doing combos doesn't mean you're good. The execution barrier should be removed because it's all about reads and mind games!"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence

because I did both?

is that illegal?

Oh so you admit you illegally babashopped? I'm glad you finally admit to having to cheat to beat me, cheater.

I don't know why you think using a macro gives you some automatic "win" button. On a rogue, the only thing you're macroing is your soulpot and a minor (then another for minor+hp pot I guess). But there's so much more to rogue than using minor, even if they removed minor from rogue it'd still be a strong utility class. I don't know where you have this "pushing a lot of buttons to win" idea from, but it's certainly from your dreams because that doesn't determine who wins number 1, number 2 you are literally macroing THREE BUTTONS AT MOST. I think this post illustrates the fact that you've never played sin well.

I guarantee you, if you grab whatever clan you want and you face them against the best turkish clan and make them fight you without using macros, they will still kick your ass. Macroing doesn't determine who wins or loses, and if you lose an 8v8 and think "they won because of macros" then you are so delusional or terrible at this game that you have absolutely NO clue what's going on.

And now you're making an argument that a macro is a gateway drug and you'll use more macros once you use one (which isn't true at all, I've played with a lot of great sins and none of them use a macro for anything other than minor+soulpot, including myself). What else are you going to macro on a rogue? Seriously, I want to hear your argument for this, because this is just absolutely stupid.

No gear can compete with someone with a cheater mindset? What am I going to do? Make my combo absolutely perfect frame perfect so I never miss an R and hit you for 50 damage in your krowaz +21 with my kukry+4?

At the end of the day, if you babashopped at all illegally (IE: not through the PUS), you are just as guilty of breaking a rule and cheating as someone who uses macro. It doesn't matter if there's an "alternative" way of doing it, (and you yourself don't even use the alternative method all the time) you broke a rule that's outlined by the game therefore you're a cheater. Stop being so self righteous and claiming "well you can also baba by using PUS so what I'm doing is okay but macro is bad". You have baba'd before without using PUS, you are just as worthy of being banned as anyone who uses a macro period.

If you seriously think using a macro removes any "skill" from this game, then you must not have played this game very well recently. I don't know what's skillful about spamming 3 buttons on your keyboard non stop as if you're having a seizure. Does it add a degree of complexity to the game? Certainly, however there's no "skill" involved in that complexity.

It's just so laughable that you genuinely believe macro is a "you will not fail" button.

And here is your own absolutely retarded statement back at you bud; instead of saying you suck at this game and can't play with a glave +1, you choose the easy route and decide to baba 30gbs from KO4Life.
    Rhymes, erdo1990 and Felix like this.

Oh so you admit you illegally babashopped? I'm glad you finally admit to having to cheat to beat me, cheater.

I don't know why you think using a macro gives you some automatic "win" button. On a rogue, the only thing you're macroing is your soulpot and a minor (then another for minor+hp pot I guess). But there's so much more to rogue than using minor, even if they removed minor from rogue it'd still be a strong utility class. I don't know where you have this "pushing a lot of buttons to win" idea from, but it's certainly from your dreams because that doesn't determine who wins number 1, number 2 you are literally macroing THREE BUTTONS AT MOST. I think this post illustrates the fact that you've never played sin well.

I guarantee you, if you grab whatever clan you want and you face them against the best turkish clan and make them fight you without using macros, they will still kick your ass. Macroing doesn't determine who wins or loses, and if you lose an 8v8 and think "they won because of macros" then you are so delusional or terrible at this game that you have absolutely NO clue what's going on.

And now you're making an argument that a macro is a gateway drug and you'll use more macros once you use one (which isn't true at all, I've played with a lot of great sins and none of them use a macro for anything other than minor+soulpot, including myself). What else are you going to macro on a rogue? Seriously, I want to hear your argument for this, because this is just absolutely stupid.

No gear can compete with someone with a cheater mindset? What am I going to do? Make my combo absolutely perfect frame perfect so I never miss an R and hit you for 50 damage in your krowaz +21 with my kukry+4?

At the end of the day, if you babashopped at all illegally (IE: not through the PUS), you are just as guilty of breaking a rule and cheating as someone who uses macro. It doesn't matter if there's an "alternative" way of doing it, (and you yourself don't even use the alternative method all the time) you broke a rule that's outlined by the game therefore you're a cheater. Stop being so self righteous and claiming "well you can also baba by using PUS so what I'm doing is okay but macro is bad". You have baba'd before without using PUS, you are just as worthy of being banned as anyone who uses a macro period.

If you seriously think using a macro removes any "skill" from this game, then you must not have played this game very well recently. I don't know what's skillful about spamming 3 buttons on your keyboard non stop as if you're having a seizure. Does it add a degree of complexity to the game? Certainly, however there's no "skill" involved in that complexity.

It's just so laughable that you genuinely believe macro is a "you will not fail" button.

And here is your own absolutely retarded statement back at you bud; instead of saying you suck at this game and can't play with a glave +1, you choose the easy route and decide to baba 30gbs from KO4Life.
    So fucking true jesus +111111111111

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l911l View Post
    Perhaps you are right, but it brings another interesting thing to mind. If someone is playing knight online utilizing a high gaming PC with really good graphics card (FPS 250+) against someone with a really bad PC/gaming laptop (max FPS ~30-40), wouldn't this be an extreme advantage since the rate of cooldown will be faster for the higher FPS player. Would such a situation allow a player with average gear to outcompete a player with significantly better gear? Assuming the player with average gear has the really good PC. I am curious to know what you guys think about this.
    Technically no, because it would be done via server side scripting and not the clients own scripts. I know this use to be one flaw with the game WAY back in the really old days when Mgames had a lot of the actions be related to the client (which is why you could see massive speed hacking etc).
    l911l likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Technically no, because it would be done via server side scripting and not the clients own scripts. I know this use to be one flaw with the game WAY back in the really old days when Mgames had a lot of the actions be related to the client (which is why you could see massive speed hacking etc).

As far as I'm concerned, this is the opinion of the most qualified person to speak on this subject matter (one of the admins of Apex)
    l911l likes this.

A macro in a 1 v 1, that would be very powerful. In a 8 v 8 situation, it's more about teamwork and skill.

I think for a Sin, a macro would not help you win against someone who is really comfortable at minor+hp pot healing, as you can really adjust the healing rate to counteract the damage being done.

The biggest get out of jail card in the current version of the game, is the HP pool. You can fuck up and still come out on top as long as you can manage your MP properly and have enough pots.

Do I honestly think macro has a place in a game such as KO? No, in my eyes it's no longer about your ability to play your char totally with "skill" and confidence.

The one thing I have loved about KO, which compared to other MMO's is there is no META/Cookie Cutter build to each class. You have so many variations to what items, armour and weapons that there is never a build that will 100% win regardless of who plays it. (Well unless you've played on some of the special event chars with all stats maxed out and the GM wep that can hit 10,000 times per skill hit )
    SkyHunter likes this.

As far as I'm concerned, this is the opinion of the most qualified person to speak on this subject matter (one of the admins of Apex)

Basically what I said. It's down to the server and latency. I'm pretty qualified as I did get my computing degree in Oxford (where I like in the UK).
    SkyHunter and l911l like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    A macro in a 1 v 1, that would be very powerful. In a 8 v 8 situation, it's more about teamwork and skill.

I think for a Sin, a macro would not help you win against someone who is really comfortable at minor+hp pot healing, as you can really adjust the healing rate to counteract the damage being done.

The biggest get out of jail card in the current version of the game, is the HP pool. You can fuck up and still come out on top as long as you can manage your MP properly and have enough pots.

Do I honestly think macro has a place in a game such as KO? No, in my eyes it's no longer about your ability to play your char totally with "skill" and confidence.

The one thing I have loved about KO, which compared to other MMO's is there is no META/Cookie Cutter build to each class. You have so many variations to what items, armour and weapons that there is never a build that will 100% win regardless of who plays it. (Well unless you've played on some of the special event chars with all stats maxed out and the GM wep that can hit 10,000 times per skill hit )
    sure in a 1v1 situation macro is better, but 1v1s in KO have the same amount of value as dog shit, they literally have never meant anything and never proved anything either simply because ping plays such a HUGE role in KO it's ridiculous

HP pool is pretty ridiculous ATM, it's the same issue in WoW at the moment and why Blizzard will do a massive stat squish

it's pretty cookie cutter at the moment; warriors play passion with as much AP as you can possibly get, sins play with dual jamadars (moonlights usually) and their only role is to make a play happen with CP and dura and just play support before then, BPs are irrelevant for the past 5 years, and support mages are pretty dank

as far as gear wise, I think that's simply because getting gear is so difficult in KO unless you spend multiple grands for it

edit: as far as the PM, I just posted it because a friend got the information from literally the most trustable person on this subject
    Felix and l911l like this.

sure in a 1v1 situation macro is better, but 1v1s in KO have the same amount of value as dog shit, they literally have never meant anything and never proved anything either simply because ping plays such a HUGE role in KO it's ridiculous

HP pool is pretty ridiculous ATM, it's the same issue in WoW at the moment and why Blizzard will do a massive stat squish

it's pretty cookie cutter at the moment; warriors play passion with as much AP as you can possibly get, sins play with dual jamadars (moonlights usually) and their only role is to make a play happen with CP and dura and just play support before then, BPs are irrelevant for the past 5 years, and support mages are pretty dank

as far as gear wise, I think that's simply because getting gear is so difficult in KO unless you spend multiple grands for it

I am very out of touch with what is the current gear and back when I played with any seriousness there was a lot of flexibility.

Because I am a sin, we have a big ego issue and we love our 1 v 1's. It goes to an early post of mine, where a single sin could rip through a party pretty easily. When I last geared up a sin, I basically went pretty oldschool with my items, because the stats at that point were so crazy that I was really happy with the black chitin shell look with classic dagger. It made me look weak enough for people to chase after me thinking I would be easy NP. But playing against a skilled party who have discipline is way harder.

My era of KO is firmly at the end of Blood right through to what I guess would be called the Killedby era. I played at times when they were the top clan as a member in different clans and while they got a lot of heat, they were always really respectful towards me when we were able to chat to each other.
    SkyHunter and l911l like this.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast