Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Lower ice %

This is a discussion on Lower ice % within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i wouldnt agree on that. if i get iced once with lets say some ice skill, ice status icon starts ...
Page: 6

i wouldnt agree on that. if i get iced once with lets say some ice skill, ice status icon starts to countdown from 20. if i get iced again by some other ice skill when countdown is at 15 second i.e., i get reiced, meaning new ice skill icon shows in the upper right corner and countdown is back at 20

i get feeling that when youre iced, every other ice skill that hits you has 100% success on reice...only when i get cured then slow rate is back to not being 100%...hard to explain <_<[/b]
    proof this please, cuz I am sure the timer doesn&#39;t reset back to 20 seconds. there is only one iced icon, rest are dot damages from novas / impacts etc.

The ice is fine as it is, KO is meant for party pvp. this makes being a party curer importnant, it also makes being a mage important.

And lol if you think archers are weak than you don&#39;t know what your doing. Archers are all about timing duffs, there the only people in the party that can hit a certian target every time no matter what.

The ice is fine as it is, KO is meant for party pvp. this makes being a party curer importnant, it also makes being a mage important.

And lol if you think archers are weak than you don&#39;t know what your doing. Archers are all about timing duffs, there the only people in the party that can hit a certian target every time no matter what.[/b]
    +1

ok i will lower the ice rate

Havoc2

BEFORE YOU READ MY POST
    The following 2 people I quoted need to stop arguing, we got your point now get ours.

Again : one warrior and one priest against 20 will (and should) die, regardless of ice success rate.[/b]
    You apparently never played KO when skill mattered. End arguement.

your argument is flawed

when you cure ice, you regain your speed. isn&#39;t this the same?

you guys overlook a fact - you can&#39;t stack ice. once you are iced, you can only get iced again when your iced-status is removed.

so having 10 ice spells and 2 ice spells is technically the same[/b]
    Your 99%retarded anyways. When ice starts to blink (which is 10 seconds of blinking) the person can be RE-iced for 20 seconds. You have to use a different ice skill but when im outside human base it happens all-the-time.

All of the people against reducing ice are preaching is to pk with a party. This game was ment for parties, yes. But, it was also ment for solo pvp which is why rouges were created. Rouges werent made to be a support class in a party so theres the point to that before anyway says anything against a rouge being a solo character. But when even the rouges (with magic shield) are complaining about 95% ice. Then clearly THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG. I sadly know the rouges feelings, when I pk with a priest or on a priest, I heal myself to build up some hp for the upcoming cure. Cure the warrior thinking, ok now we can start to kill them. Next thing I know, the warrior has moved 3 feet and they are iced again. So I try to build up some hp to cure again. BUT WAIT, 5 more rouges came long to ks a kill and started attacking me. It is no longer fun to pk even with a party, im more than sure any melee class will agree with me if they have pk&#39;d lately. Ice rate % needs to be reduced.

You used to be able to duo in KO, but now if you dont have 3 priests with you when you "solo" your fuked. Priest for curing, priest for healing you, priest for healing the other 2 priests.

trionaleo

just stop arguing people and get an ice mage in ure party that way the mage can slow ure opponents too. that was everyone will be slowed!

<<<< ice mage

BEFORE YOU READ MY POST
    The following 2 people I quoted need to stop arguing, we got your point now get ours.
    Your 99%retarded anyways. When ice starts to blink (which is 10 seconds of blinking) the person can be RE-iced for 20 seconds. You have to use a different ice skill but when im outside human base it happens all-the-time.

All of the people against reducing ice are preaching is to pk with a party. This game was ment for parties, yes. But, it was also ment for solo pvp which is why rouges were created. Rouges werent made to be a support class in a party so theres the point to that before anyway says anything against a rouge being a solo character. But when even the rouges (with magic shield) are complaining about 95% ice. Then clearly THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG. I sadly know the rouges feelings, when I pk with a priest or on a priest, I heal myself to build up some hp for the upcoming cure. Cure the warrior thinking, ok now we can start to kill them. Next thing I know, the warrior has moved 3 feet and they are iced again. So I try to build up some hp to cure again. BUT WAIT, 5 more rouges came long to ks a kill and started attacking me. It is no longer fun to pk even with a party, im more than sure any melee class will agree with me if they have pk&#39;d lately. Ice rate % needs to be reduced.

You used to be able to duo in KO, but now if you dont have 3 priests with you when you "solo" your fuked. Priest for curing, priest for healing you, priest for healing the other 2 priests.[/b]
    Timer only reset with a higher level spell or the same spell. So it does reset, dunno why when I tested before it didn&#39;t.

So you rather have a light mage perm stun a lvl 80 warrior (like most pre-moradon light mage video), instead of getting slowed?

Why are you complaining so much anyways, warrior leg cut and scream is like 100% when used against me, and I duo / pk all the time. Ice mages are annoying, but it is their job, and is the only thing they are good for. Who would want to go ice mage, if you can only ice 50% of the time.

Stop whining seriously.

NaidenZ

BEFORE YOU READ MY POST

You used to be able to duo in KO, but now if you dont have 3 priests with you when you "solo" your fuked. Priest for curing, priest for healing you, priest for healing the other 2 priests.[/b]
    agree 100%

Your 99%retarded anyways. When ice starts to blink (which is 10 seconds of blinking) the person can be RE-iced for 20 seconds. You have to use a different ice skill but when im outside human base it happens all-the-time.[/b]
    true, I&#39;ve been iced before and my ice was blinking but a gay mage used ice on me again nd i had to wait all the whole duration again >_<

<div class='quotemain'>
    Again : one warrior and one priest against 20 will (and should) die, regardless of ice success rate.[/b]
    [/b][/quote]

And items and lvls mattered. A lot. I doubt that even back then a warrior and a priest would win against 20 equally or even just reasonably equipped ppl with brains.

Also I was not arguing with you. I got your point and I understand your frustration - even though it does not mean I agree with you. I also dont like being iced, as I dont like being stunned, screamed, duffed etc. But, from saying that ice is annoying (as is light and scream and duffs) to implying as Naiden does that ice is the only reason you die otherwise you would sweep the entire CZ there is a vast difference.

Point is: ice success rate is what it is - it makes more sense to try and find ways to counter it (get a priest, annoy the mage etc) than argue that it needs to be reduced.

PS : On the issue of re-icing: I also think you can re-ice before it goes away but I am not sure when.

arko

i play ice mage atm. The slow rate is noticeably higher but it&#39;s not to a point where it&#39;s unbearable. I had guys where i blade 7x + and still no slow and have guys that slow in 1 ice orb (28 skill).

I think it makes the game more interesting for ice mages in a way, because it&#39;s prob one of the most boring class in the game, plus it makes support much more effective. As silver blade mention, we should practice countering other than the other options.

Use swift pot, get priest to cure = Np right? Remember Ice mage gets Iced too. Plus now that slow rates are higher, mages like me are targetted by large groups of sins waiting to pound on us before we even cast xD

dangerous and fun times to be an ice mage <3

You might experience it that way ( rouges beeing made to solo, and are not made for support in party ) BUT that is so wrong. Rouges are one of the best supporters aside from priest. However just about none of you rouges understands how to play that because most of you are so np-hungry and go off charching on ur own. I only know 3 rouges that do/did an awsome job at helping out the party. ( Karpsu, Godsknight and Natnayr ) when another party member is in trouble minor heal can be sooooooooooo effective to help them, as does the cures a rouge can throw. I am sorry but your whole rouge is made to play solo theory is 100% wrong. You are still to discover the greater potential of a rouge aside from just killing.

As for the ice part, its not possible to ice everyone, it often happens that i throw a blizzard on a party and 3-4 of them aren&#39;t iced and still charching at me ... If you get iced allot as a rouge or mage or priest or a warrior, BUMP YOUR RESISTS! how many rouges that have like 40 glacier resist without magic shield are here complaining about getting iced ... WELL DUH! changing a rol for a legionaires band could be usefull ... i know some rouges i have never been able to ice yet ... and they use those daggers with ice resist. I&#39;ve got 186 ice resist on when i charge into a orc ew party, and half of the time they don&#39;t ice me either ...

And beeing ice&#39;d is still a few million times better than getting stunned by every hit from a lightning mage ( because there is nothing u can do but stand there and happily donate your np to him) , same goes for parasite / malice / massive, get either one of that and it will disadvantage you quite allot, while if ur iced ur combat ability is in no way reduced, accept the rouges can&#39;t chicken out anymore , and you&#39;ll have to stand your ground and fight

trionaleo

ive played all type of mages but i still think ice is the best. but even in a new server like girakon there are some people i just cannot slow... like the ones who use rom +1/2 and magic shield + re

But, it was also ment for solo pvp which is why rouges were created. Rouges werent made to be a support class in a party so theres the point to that before anyway says anything against a rouge being a solo character[/b]
    u right and wrong at same time

maybe u dont play with the currect rouges, but rouges has all the skills to support.
    archer is 99% support char and 1% for killing, dagger is way more to kill but he can still heal cure and support same as a priest.

i was a rouge, archer and dagger, mostly at partys i supported.

btw cz is absolutly pk area, the arena made mostly for PVP.

Thnx

I only know <strike>3</strike> 5 rouges that do/did an awsome job at helping out the party. ( Karpsu, Godsknight and Natnayr, BFD & Felix) when another party member is in trouble minor heal can be sooooooooooo effective to help them, as does the cures a rouge can throw.[/b]
    Added 2 but we are obviously missing a lot with whom we have not played.

Azraim

yap that&#39;s pretty boring and moslty for warriors, u are just walking arround cz waiting for a cure and be iced 20sec is so much really :S

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast