Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Sh1t never change....

This is a discussion on Sh1t never change.... within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Anyways, i'll finish my rant here. I apologize if I offended anyone and honestly thank those who were replying. I ...
Page: 5

Banned Senior Member

Anyways, i'll finish my rant here. I apologize if I offended anyone and honestly thank those who were replying. I enjoy conversions like the one above where people state and defend their own opinions. I honestly believe that once this steam server loses all the hype and starts to take shape like all the other KO servers before it that KO will die off, it's had a good run but like many games before it's time will come and i see that happening in the near future.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShootingStars View Post
    Anyways, i'll finish my rant here. I apologize if I offended anyone and honestly thank those who were replying. I enjoy conversions like the one above where people state and defend their own opinions. I honestly believe that once this steam server loses all the hype and starts to take shape like all the other KO servers before it that KO will die off, it's had a good run but like many games before it's time will come and i see that happening in the near future.
    People have been saying that for 10 years. Honestly, this game is never going to die off. The reason behind this is the PvP/Progression. There isn't another game available, even with all the great MMO's out there, that can compare to Knight Online. It is a tough pill to swallow and I have hated this game at times as well, but the hard truth is it is a very well made MMO with a poor support/publisher. People won't quit a good game just because it has bad owners. Look at The Realm Online, the first graphical MMO every created. It has AWFUL publishers and just had it's 20 year anniversary and it is still a subscription model.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShootingStars View Post
    I have an idea but will not say i know much about it. Isn't upgrading to a better engine a thing though? The game generates enough revenue, if what you say it true and 23,000 people play this game ( on the steam version alone) . Say 50% buy premium, that 11,500 people paying 40$ a month let's say for 1 month only. That's 460,000$ in a month, that's if they only sold premium, not including other power up store goods.
    I'll lay off NTT here cause they truly do have no power over this. But in my opinion a game that generates this kind of revenue should be able to update, and further their game as time goes on, KO does not. Back to the opinion that the game is just a money sucker, maximizing profits while spending the bare minimum.
    https://gyazo.com/28a737923a119493519b10a86d972e45

So let's assume ALL 23,757 buy premium; that's $950,280 monthly (assuming they all only buy $40 worth of KC). Steam takes 30% of that, so around $285,084. That leaves NTT with a profit of $665,196 still a little over half a million. Let's assume they employ 100 employees for Steam and they only pay those people from the profits of SteamKO; minimum wage in the U.S. is $7.25 (varies from state to state), you're paying one employee $1,160 monthly (40 hours a week times 4 weeks, then multiply that by minimum wage). So they're paying $116,000 monthly for just employee salaries; so they're making a profit of $549,196 right now, assuming they don't have to pay any percentage of $ to MGame, or taxes on top of that profit for transactions, etc. They're making a little over half a million a month, and I am sure they do not pay $7.25 minimum wage to their employees, and we're also not factoring in server costs, maintenance costs of those servers, DDoS protection, website, forum etc. I am pretty sure if they wanted to upgrade to a better engine, they would also have to pay the royalties for using an engine and profiting off of it (usually only using an engine is free for the indie developers). Not to mention the fact that then you would have to pay tons of people for re-developing the game, then you would have to also pay for mitigating the new engine over to the new server boxes, etc etc, so you're looking at a pretty hefty and expensive operation to upgrade an engine.

Not to mention, then you would have to re-fix all the bugs that come with the entirely new game, re-design most of the game (seeing as this engine is severely outdated because it was developed in what, 2000?), meaning you would then have to release an entirely new game (not to mention the actual development of a game this complex would take like 4 years alone on a new engine, Guild Wars 2 took 6 years of development to be made, and that game is insanely more complex than this I suppose you could say). An engine upgrade isn't something you can just do in a couple months or years; it's an extremely tedious and expensive process; that's why games like Everquest were always years apart; the first being released in 1999, the second in 2004, and the third (EQ:NEXT) still isn't released after being announced 2009.

I enjoy these conversations as well. For all we know, maybe they do have a new KO being developed and it just isn't announced yet (insert regiss triangle here)
    Last edited by SkyHunter; 01-31-2016 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    Let's assume they employ 100 employees for Steam and they only pay those people from the profits of SteamKO
    Are you kidding me??? Their WHOLE company isn't near 100 employees. I'm 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by StanDontCare View Post
    Are you kidding me??? Their WHOLE company isn't near 100 employees. I'm 100% sure.
    I am glad you have a sense of humor to assist your lack of intelligence.

I am glad you have a sense of humor to assist your lack of intelligence.
    100 employees, yet not 1 GM can sign on to banned active hackers in regular hacking spot? If you don't know where to find how many employees a company has, then it shows your intelligence.

After 12+ years of launching new servers, you would think the publisher, K2 and NTT, will be better each time. NOPE, same ole sh1t.

Have they ever had an active GM walking around??
    Do you have down syndrome? In no game ever do GM's just fucking casually walk around banning people, they're there, they just hide themselves from you so they don't get a trillion messages about pointless shit.

Ok, the speculation is real. You're looking at logged in players which wouldnt even be half of the pop paying to play the game. Mgame owns the game, NTT are just licensed to distributed it, so we could guess most of the profit goes to Mgame. NTT has nowhere even close to 100 employess (fuck knows why you would think they'd have 100 employees), their linkin states 11-50 so it'd be a fair guess to say its under 20, of which they probably have less than 5 devs being they aren't even allowed to develop the game they simply run it.

Mgame is also worth close to 82m, theres no reason they couldn't provide an engine update unless the game simply isn't very profitable and/or they can't be bothered.

I'm all for speculating, but atleast have an educated guess rather than throwing random numbers around. My guess would be, NTT isn't nearly as profitable as we think, Mgame strangle their cashflow and give them 0 support.

100 employees, yet not 1 GM can sign on to banned active hackers in regular hacking spot? If you don't know where to find how many employees a company has, then it shows your intelligence.
    TIL if you can't see something it doesn't exist, gg guys this guy single handedly refuted all advances in microbiology and nanotechnology.

If a tree falls in a forest and a retard isn't there to witness it did the tree really fall?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    Ok, the speculation is real. You're looking at logged in players which wouldnt even be half of the pop paying to play the game. Mgame owns the game, NTT are just licensed to distributed it, so we could guess most of the profit goes to Mgame. NTT has nowhere even close to 100 employess (fuck knows why you would think they'd have 100 employees), their linkin states 11-50 so it'd be a fair guess to say its under 20, of which they probably have less than 5 devs being they aren't even allowed to develop the game they simply run it.

Mgame is also worth close to 82m, theres no reason they couldn't provide an engine update unless the game simply isn't very profitable and/or they can't be bothered.

I'm all for speculating, but atleast have an educated guess rather than throwing random numbers around. My guess would be, NTT isn't nearly as profitable as we think, Mgame strangle their cashflow and give them 0 support.
    It was all hypothetical, hurr durr, that's why I said "let's assume". Also, the fact that this many people are merching in the game is quite notable but hokay man.

I don't think you guys realize an engine update would mean a completely new game considering how out dated the KO engine is lol. You act as if an "engine update" would just be a patch or something and you would login and have all of your new gear; given the fact that KO was developed in 2000 and has been running on the same engine since.
    azreal313 likes this.

That's why I said if you're going to guess, at least have an educated guess. 1000-5000 people max merching? That's 10% max of the probable player base.

Ohhh, so you mean like releasing the game on a new platform, that level of 'new game', the steam platform release would have been a perfect time to update the engine. I certainly didn't say I thought an engine update would be a patch either, I'm not sure where you got that from. I've played enough big MMOs at a competitive level to know what kind of service can be provided and what is expected in most games still being published.

Also why are you purposefully adding stupid words into your sentences that make you sound like a child? I thought you wanted a genuine discussion.

I'm done anyway, pce.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    That's why I said if you're going to guess, at least have an educated guess. 1000-5000 people max merching? That's 10% max of the probable player base.

Ohhh, so you mean like releasing the game on a new platform, that level of 'new game'? I certainly didn't say I thought an engine update would be a patch, I'm not sure where you got that from. I've played enough big MMOs at a competitive level to know what kind of service can be provided and what is expected.

Also why are you purposefully adding stupid words into your sentences that make you sound like a child? I thought you wanted a genuine discussion.
    I still don't see what's wrong with people merching to add to the playerbase? CZ is active enough; so it's not like its a private server where everyone sits in Moradon all day and there's nothing to do in CZ.

I never said on a new platform, dafuck? You said
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavie
    theres no reason they couldn't provide an engine update
    as if an engine update is just something you can push out in a month or two when in reality, an engine update is something pretty fucking big (generally an engine update wouldn't just include a graphical or audio improvement, but improvements in every single degree).

I don't really care if you think I am a child or not; you're literally adding words into my own statements (on a new platform? what? I never said anything to that degree), which is infinitely more worse than judging just my diction, but alright man, whatever you say, shouldn't you be defending kidlet in some other thread?

I still don't see what's wrong with people merching to add to the playerbase? CZ is active enough; so it's not like its a private server where everyone sits in Moradon all day and there's nothing to do in CZ.

I never said on a new platform, dafuck? You said

as if an engine update is just something you can push out in a month or two when in reality, an engine update is something pretty fucking big (generally an engine update wouldn't just include a graphical or audio improvement, but improvements in every single degree).

I don't really care if you think I am a child or not; you're literally adding words into my own statements (on a new platform? what? I never said anything to that degree), which is infinitely more worse than judging just my diction, but alright man, whatever you say, shouldn't you be defending kidlet in some other thread?
    Wait this guy is Shitlet"s friend? No wonder he's a clown.

Also if a massive company like Blizzard can't do an engine update feasibly then how the fuck could MGame possibly manage one? Engine overhauls don't just "happen" usually they end up just becoming sequels to the game that uses the engine they just updated.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast